VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

3 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I think they are referring to the "three row" as VW's Tiguan and Atlas.

For America: keep it VW, keep it simple.

You may be right but there was so much hoohah re the name of KODIAQ, quite silly in my opinion , all that nonsense re naming after some remote part or island in Newfoundland?, and I thought there was some suggestion at that time of slipping  V A G products into The States under the guise of Skoda.  Tiguan has been in existence for some time, and I think V A G are peeing in the wind with Americans?. It would be a brave one now to face their neighbours with a patent V W.

Just a question. 

My octavia is due to service.

I don't really know what to do as I want to keep servicing car at skoda but I don't want software upgrade. 

Will they ask me if I want it?

Can I refuse it?

And finally how would I know if they didn't upgrade it anyway?

Thanks

12 hours ago, thomasbham said:

Just a question. 

My octavia is due to service.

I don't really know what to do as I want to keep servicing car at skoda but I don't want software upgrade. 

Will they ask me if I want it?

Can I refuse it?

And finally how would I know if they didn't upgrade it anyway?

Thanks

The update should be on the job sheet and at least my dealer asked permission to complete it.

You can refuse it, some dealers might ask you to sign some paperwork although mine hasn't.

If they do the update, the SW version of the ECU will change and there should be a service sticker near the spare wheel well, possibly 23R6 if I remember correctly.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:04, Offski said:

'Just a few rogue employees'.  

Well sometime someone in the Senior Management must surely have to face up to the Justice System in Germany.

Well only if some laws were broken, but fraud sounds like an illegal activity.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-38767646

The 'Engineers engineer',  ask him anything about Hyundai or even a Honda and he could tell you everything, 

ask about a VW and 'I know nothing!'  Was not there, someone else did it!.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpPNVSQmR5c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1yB8gcLHFg

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:04, Offski said:
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 07:48, Offski said:

If Martin Winterkorn is ever in court being prosecuted they can show the likes of this video to let people see the man was deluded and out of touch.

Knew nothing about anything VW were doing, only found out when the news of an emissions scandal broke.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=097aZtwRXsQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVq3W5BTUg4

'Just a few rogue employees'.  

Well sometime someone in the Senior Management must surely have to face up to the Justice System in Germany.

Well only if some laws were broken, but fraud sounds like an illegal activity.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-38767646

The 'Engineers engineer',  ask him anything about Hyundai or even a Honda and he could tell you everything, 

ask about a VW and 'I know nothing!'  Was not there, someone else did it!.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpPNVSQmR5c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1yB8gcLHFg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-overtakes-toyota-worlds-best-selling-car-maker

Winterkorn

Knows nothing !

7.5 Million Euro for his pay off, 10-15 million it has cost for the Special one they brought in from Daimler for 13 months, millions of pay offs and golden handshakes 

to Seniors and Supervising Board Members.

http://dw.com/en/volkswagen-compliance-chief-to-receive-12-million-euro-payout/a-37343291

They need to be the biggest car manufacturer in the world again just to pay hush money it seems.

Edited by Offski

5 minutes ago, Offski said:

7.5 Million Euro for his pay off, 10-15 million it has cost for the Special one they brought in from Daimler for 13 months, millions of pay offs and golden handshakes 

They need to be the biggest car manufacturer in the world again just to pay hush money it seems.

5 minutes ago, Offski said:

Highest sales volumes doesn't mean best bottom line results! He met his goal but at one hell of a cost!!

8 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Highest sales volumes doesn't mean best bottom line results! He met his goal but at one hell of a cost!!

But VW are now the world's biggest sale brand in spite of their behaviour........short term memories?.

4 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I remember reading some time ago that Bosch were  much involved in the dieselgate  software , in fact they designed and made it. I can't remember if it was at V A G's request or that Bosch  had created it and offered it to V A G. Whichever way, one swore the other to secrecy, which means they knew what they were doing was unacceptable . So far it looks as though Bosch have got off lightly.

3 hours ago, vrskeith said:

VW to face potential new fines over the 3.0ltr diesels in the US? Europe etc?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-faces-new-fines-over-30-litre-diesel-engines

The article makes reference to V A G now being the largest car manufacturer in the world. Well I wonder what the British car industry has to say now. After the end of WW11 the V W business was offered to  UK manufacturers, Ford being one and who said V W had no future, as did other  manufacturers. So did  A. C . I think as well as . One of them asked for a sample and did a compression test on the V W engine, found there was difference one cylinder to the  next, and rejected the whole idea. Somewhere, and I repeat SOMEWHERE, I have a copy of that report. The British army  managed the factory and business until  they could hand it on. Would I be correct in saying about time   the Europeans, Germany and France in particular, were to realise what they  owe to this country and not try to be nasty to us  re BREXIT, in fact had they been nicer , chances are Brexit would not have come about. J C J and Schultz in particular have been very unpleasant.

A few posts back I mentioned I had heard from the lawyers I had  gone with and who said no luck for purchasers  prior to Oct 2014, so I have  had this response today "  

"

There is a cut-off date of 1st October 2014, because this is the date that the law allowing CPUT claims to be brought came into force. We had previously excluded used vehicles from the CPUT claim, but we now consider that a CPUT claim can be made in relation to used vehicles provided they were bought from an approved Volkswagen dealer or with Volkswagen Finance.

We appreciate that many of you receiving this email will not qualify to bring a claim under CPUT. Many of you have contacted us asking for our advice on the actions proposed by other firms. We are not yet convinced of the merits of the other kinds of claim such as “deceit” proposed by other firms. However, we are continuing to hold discussions with these firms in order to identify how best to proceed for people who cannot make a claim under CPUT. We are keen to ensure that all claimants are protected from the risk of having to meet Volkswagen’s costs if the claim is unsuccessful and that if successful, their damages are not swallowed up by lawyers’ fees and costly insurance premiums."

10 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

More than likely but the % increases, are compared to what and when. Could be when V A G sales in America were almost  on the floor. And I wonder what has  been done with the bought back  diesels? Pressumably not allowed to stay in America but the scrapping  would be an immense exercise. Maybe been shipped out to  a less  concerned country? Over Trump's wall perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Tony R said:

More than likely but the % increases, are compared to what and when. Could be when V A G sales in America were almost  on the floor. And I wonder what has  been done with the bought back  diesels? Pressumably not allowed to stay in America but the scrapping  would be an immense exercise. Maybe been shipped out to  a less  concerned country? Over Trump's wall perhaps?

They are destroyed by drilling a 3" hole through the block!      (and accounted for I suspect.)

44 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

They are destroyed by drilling a 3" hole through the block!      (and accounted for I suspect.)

That would render the car  not able to be driven but what about the destruction of the whole vehicle, loads of them. Great temptation to fill the hole in the block, like the  core plugs used to be on engines, or does the drilled hole go through the  whole width of the block?. Or  as I said  ship to a less environmentally  concerned  country. If not, the scrapyards in America will be making a fortune?

39 minutes ago, Tony R said:

That would render the car  not able to be driven but what about the destruction of the whole vehicle, loads of them. Great temptation to fill the hole in the block, like the  core plugs used to be on engines, or does the drilled hole go through the  whole width of the block?. Or  as I said  ship to a less environmentally  concerned  country. If not, the scrapyards in America will be making a fortune?

Being subject to a VW buyback it means THEY own the wreck and therefore I can't see why it would be in their interest to facilitate others recovering body parts to undercut their parts inventory sales in other markets.

The recovery labour costs would be more than they would get back in any case (for VW) and I can't see anyone ELSE getting access to them either by legal means.

at this stage they are most definitely 'white goods'.

Edited by Ryeman