Superb 2013 1.6 tdi

Mine will do up to 70mpg on my run to work which is mainly motorway and some town driving. The average over a year is 60mpg. I never use it for short runs either.

I can only echo what others have said.

You haven't had the car long enough yet to be able to see how your own driving style is influencing the fuel econonmy.

If the car has been sat on a dealers forcourt for a while then there is a good chance it has been started from cold and shuffled around and taken on short test drives etc.

Brim the tank, reset the odometer and drive it until the fuel light comes on. Refill the tank and use the website linked in post #24.

Do not trust the dash display (at least for now). These can be accurate, but they can be wildy inaccurate too. The only accurate test is a manual calculation as mentioned above.

A service will likely help too. Fresh oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter and go from there.

I wouldn't be worrying just yet.

I can only echo what others have said.

You haven't had the car long enough yet to be able to see how your own driving style is influencing the fuel econonmy.

If the car has been sat on a dealers forcourt for a while then there is a good chance it has been started from cold and shuffled around and taken on short test drives etc.

Brim the tank, reset the odometer and drive it until the fuel light comes on. Refill the tank and use the website linked in post #24.

Do not trust the dash display (at least for now). These can be accurate, but they can be wildy inaccurate too. The only accurate test is a manual calculation as mentioned above.

A service will likely help too. Fresh oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter and go from there.

I wouldn't be worrying just yet.

Cheers going to fill up today local garage in Belfast is 99.9p lol

• Like 1