M1 lorry shunts: Police failed to attend call for three hours

DanHarper

Ah the same person.  I remember reading that.  Definitely an advert

Exactly this.

I know the roundabout well, I've never seen an incident like the one Mr Stockdale placed himself in.

What a muppet.

Drive it almost daily, as does SWMBO.

It's not difficult to navigate properly unless you're a tool

How did he get past the lorry again?

The lorry overtakes in lane 3 and clips him. The video then cuts to the lorry overtaking him for a second time.

After being hit after the first overtake why on earth did he then pass the lorry and slow down again?

Oh, of course to provide the necessary footage to promote his business.

This is what happens when two muppets meet.

• Like 1

Lorry driver was imo an arse and in the wrong, but was set up as a fall guy by the ***** in the car.

As soon i read "dash cam company" i thought - a-hole selling himself. He followed the lorry after the incident and then got taken away with "neck and shoulder injuries"? Aka whiplash - almost immpossible to diagnose or prove. And as for his lane disipline while bitching about that round about?

• Like 1

"Mr Stockdale, who runs a dashcam company"

Ah now it makes sense. It's an advert.

He always seems to get his mug in the local paper. He actually lives just down the road from me. Anyway, I'm just going to leave these here:

http://m.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Man-chasing-PCC-role-complaint-cop/story-21672490-detail/story.html

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/stockdale-quits-police-race-to-focus-on-space-threat-1-4376089

• Like 1

He always seems to get his mug in the local paper. He actually lives just down the road from me. Anyway, I'm just going to leave these here:

http://m.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Man-chasing-PCC-role-complaint-cop/story-21672490-detail/story.html

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/stockdale-quits-police-race-to-focus-on-space-threat-1-4376089

Aw man ive helped finance this wuckfit! I have 3 packs of oven pride in the shed that stockpiled when it was on offer recently :headshake: Edited by mac11irl

Did think it was odd that there were so many camera angles!

It looks to me like he floors it when the lorry is beside him. If this is the case then he may well have been in the blind spot of the lorry when the lorry pulled back in. After all teh driver was trying to make a move to get past someone doing less than 60 in the middle lane with nothing in front.

Like others have said, the lorry driver shouldn't have done what he did, but all the same I think the worst driver here is the person who appears to be either purposely antagonising other road users or just a plain dangerous driver.

He purposely stays in lane 2 when lane 1 is empty.

He purposely accelerates when the truck overtakes.

He purposely doesn't go into lane 1 even when "pushed".

He is equally at fault as the truck driver.

• Like 1

I had a lorry driver drift into my lane this morning tooted my horn and shot straight over, he apologised but really?

Every now and again when I check over my shoulder when merging onto the motorway I do find someone there who I wasn't expecting. Perhaps they moved over from lane 2 or 3, perhaps in lane 1 and not speed matched with the traffic, or perhaps sat in my blind spot as I approached. Thankfully in most cars a glance over your shoulder can reveal most of your mirror blind spot. I'm sure the blind spots are much bigger on the lorries, hence the troubles with HGV / cyclists & other smaller road users in built up areas.

I've got the feeling that this lorry driver just wanted to spook the car driver by cutting in close but due to the acceleration while he was trying to pass there was a collision.

Both drivers not fit to be on the road, but not as one sided as the two media articals I've seen on it.

car driver to be hit at end had to speed up while being overtaken to cause it also failed to take any action to avoid a collision. Also sells dash cams for a living also posts lots of utter BS videos like this which he engineers to try and create a scene. Wasting ambulance services time for neck and back pain having followed the lorry to a depot with what damage shown is claimed to be from the lorry is utterly pathetic and regardless of the consequences for the lorry driver, I would deport the car driver to Syria and give his worldly possessions to a refugee for being a first class piece of pure scum! 

Surely the real issue here is the imminent threat to the planet from 'space weather'!  Something else Michael Fish hasn't warned us about!

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm biased as I drive a heavy goods but I don't think the LGV driver intentionally hit the other car.

From the video it seemed like the car driver sped up to hold the wagon in lane 3, Having said that he should never have been in that lane to start with.

It is hard to judge if you've fully passed a vehicle you're overtaking especially at night, Much of it is judgement and perhaps a flash from the vehicle you're overtaking.

The truck driver has either thought it was clear to pull back in or he was trying to spook the car driver into slowing down so he could pull back in.

For those that think the wagon driver should have just stuck behind the car should try sitting behind a tool doing those speeds in lane 2 and not be able to pass them. Sometimes you just have a bad day and you get a rush of blood to the head.

Having said that I am paid by the hour so slow move down as much as you please :D

I've never used the outside lane but I have spooked a few car drivers who think it's ok to stick me in lane 2 and leave me there. This is generally after I have been courtious enough to move out into lane 2 so they can join the motorway, Generally now I won't move over for cars. Reason being if they don't have the sense to adjust their speed to either safely get in front or behind me then they probably won't let me back into lane 1.

I've hit a few things in a LGV and they cause a lot more damage than on his car, That's a slight graze which was avoidable by both parties.

Personally I'd ban both drivers for 1 year.

• Like 3

The photo of the damage to the car, on the BBC website doesn't really represent what he's claiming happened either.

It's all a bit odd.

Which part of that wagon the same height as his wheel arch? 

Specifically this image that they've chosen to show. I'd also expect a full shot of the car, in an article like this.

_86893510_image2.jpg

Having seen what an HGV can do at lower speeds, when my Mum's car was side swiped by a foreign heavy joining the motorway - it doesn't add up to me.