Skoda loyalty discount?

Just wondering, is this a dealer-led thing, or a central Skoda UK thing? Got this email from my dealer the other day... (presumably as a result of emissions scandal)

If you order your new ŠKODA from Lookers before 31st January 2016 you could receive up to £1,000* loyalty discount. This offer runs in conjunction with all of our other fantastic new car offers and is available on all cars across the range

It did get me thinking, what is the cost to change from my 1.4 TSI into a petrol vRS? Hence the question - do I have to stick with my dealer to get this discount or am I free to find the best price nationwide and get the £1000 off Skoda UK?

• Like 1

Sounds like it's a dealer group thing to me, from the wording.

Easiest way to know is to try another dealer, and ask about a loyalty discount :thumbup:

You might also find that this is only off the retail list price of the car. Meanwhile, you can negotiate much bigger discounts, via the likes of CarWow and Carfile, amongst others.

Maybe they can refund me a £1000 for being such a loyal customer.........wait what was that in the Sky.....a Pig?? Ohhhh myyyyy.

Anyway serious for a moment - I'd also shop about and see what deal works best for you.

My experience, in a number of different industries ( not the automotive industry) is that a regular repeat customer is a customer to be screwed repeatedly.

Not a policy I ever agreed with and another reason why I would never survive in sales.

I do know when the customer found out the truth, then he was lost forever.

There are some good honest sales people out there and I don't begrudge them a living, but the higher up the chain you go then the rarer they become.

Top echelon Sales/Marketing generally live in some sort of world divorced from reality despite all the figures they live on.

Ignore me, I'm just an old cynic.

• Like 1

I think it tends to work on the assumption that a repeat customer won't shop around to find the most competitive deal.

Odd really, but it must work in a percentage of cases, for them to assume that in the first place :)

Great, thanks for all the replies :)

Sounds like just a dealer initiative then not a Skoda UK thing, and not stackable with other offers. Coast2coast have a new vRS at £20,998 so I was tempted by the thought of a £20k car with a few extras!

Will stop configuring my new dream spec vRS online!  :peek:

Edited by lostp

I received a mailshot from my dealer today. It mentions "£1000 towards your finance deposit and 0% APR representative on a solutions personal contract plan on the Skoda octavia estate"

Lightcliffe have been sending similar offers out via email - £1000 loyalty discount

If it is anything like other Skoda promotions though, SUK make the dealers fund it out of their margin so you can get better deals from the broker sites normally

Edited by andyvee

It's across the whole network of dealers.

Is it the other offer you mean, with regards to 'finance contribution' ? http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers

If so that's a different offer, as opposed to a 'loyalty discount'.

The finance contribution was due to end last Friday, on 4th December - but has now been extended until this Sunday, 13th Dec.

It's not the  "deposit contribution" on Skoda UK site, it's specifically named Loyalty Discount. £1000 off Octavia, less off Rapid and Citigo. Expires end of January or thereabouts. Independent of any armtwisting or finance.

I don't buy new unless with lottery winnings, so I binned it.

It requires you to show current V5, presumably to show you are a loyal Skoda owner.

Edited by FlyingGecko

Its a dealer led promotion

Can get this and the standard £1000 Skoda contribution on a pcp

Don't know if it is a marketing gimmick, as they cut back the negociable discount to compensate, or if you would still get your 4 or 5% discount, plus interest free PCP and £1000 deposit contribution that they were offering in November.

It seems to be just the Guildford branch and the new West London one (currently at temporary premises near Wandsworth, but moving to A4 near Syon Lane (Gillette Corner) once VW move to their new Brentford premises), just down the road from the now closed Malborough, Isleworth site

Will be interesting to see if the do offers when they move to proper premises as part of a proper opening launch

Better offers will appear in the first quarter 2016 as Skoda UK get more desperate to get new cars first registered if they can come up with the Correct Co2 / MPG / VED bands for Euro 6 Engines on the VW 'Irregularities' from EU Testing / Critical list.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/octavia

List+of+critical+CO2+vehicles,+model+year+2016 (2) (1) (1) (2).pdf

Just seen this on the Carfile website.  Looks like the loyalty discount is available at other dealers (Carfiles at the very least).  Discounts appear to apply to all models at varying levels of discount.

MESSAGESKODA HAVE ANNOUNCED A LOYALTY BONUS TO EXISTING SKODA CAR DRIVERS. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TRADE IN BUT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR V5 AVAILABLE TO PHOTOCOPY TO QUALIFY FOR £1000 EXTRA DISCOUNT. THIS IS OVER AND ABOVE ANY NORMAL CARFILE DEAL. VALID ON ALL ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN THE 27TH NOVEMBER 2015 AND THE 31ST OF JANUARY 2016

• Like 1

Lookers list the following discount levels:

"£1,000 available on Octavia, Superb B8 andYeti. £500 available on Rapid, Rapid Spaceback and Fabia A06. £400 available on Citigo. "

• Like 1

Lookers list the following discount levels:

"£1,000 available on Octavia, Superb B8 andYeti. £500 available on Rapid, Rapid Spaceback and Fabia A06. £400 available on Citigo. "

same as on the Carfile site.  i just checked our local dealership and they have the same loyalty offer with the same discount levels.  Arbury Skoda in Leamington.

Just seen this on the Carfile website.  Looks like the loyalty discount is available at other dealers (Carfiles at the very least).  Discounts appear to apply to all models at varying levels of discount.

MESSAGESKODA HAVE ANNOUNCED A LOYALTY BONUS TO EXISTING SKODA CAR DRIVERS. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TRADE IN BUT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR V5 AVAILABLE TO PHOTOCOPY TO QUALIFY FOR £1000 EXTRA DISCOUNT. THIS IS OVER AND ABOVE ANY NORMAL CARFILE DEAL. VALID ON ALL ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN THE 27TH NOVEMBER 2015 AND THE 31ST OF JANUARY 2016

That's very interesting. Good spot.

The way to test this of course, is negotiate your best price, then tell them you are an existing customer and ask for the extra discount.

Carfile over £1,000 more than coast2coast unfortunately, might give c2c a call in the morning to see if loyalty discount applies to their dealer.

Would you post what C2C say after you have spoken to them?  I checked their website last night and under the Skoda offers section it says they dont offer cash deals, which i find a little surprising, and that you have to take PCP or HP through Barclays which means you cant use the Skoda low rate finance offer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like Skoda are running a free £500 fuel for orders from 15th (exclusions for vRS230, superb, Citigo S)

Does that mean I could have £1000 deposit contribution, £1000 loyalty bonus, £500 fuel, anything I can haggle (say 4-5%), and get interest free over 42 months (which saves £2k-3k in interest). Therefore effectively offering me about five grand off.

Presumably these discounts will be reflected in the residual value in few years time.

• Like 1