Opinions on headlamp bulbs?

Bellaa

Hey guys, one of my headlamp bulbs went the other day and I'm looking into investing in some more white ones, I've come across a few, but they're just the same as my last pair that only lasted a few months, I've stumbled across these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400931370020?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Has anybody ever tried these out, and if so, could you tell me your opinion on them?

Also, if anybody could link me to some cheap, white H7 dipped bulbs, that'd be great, Thanks :)

Josh.

Leds won't work as a headlight bulb in a reflector. The light will be scattered everywhere and so dim you wont be able to see 5ft in front of you. They will look nice and white in your headlights though. For decent output get osram night breaker unlimiteds, very good output.

If you want to blind aircraft pilots you can try these.

Ha nice.

I've just upgraded mine to night breakers all round. Seem a fair bit brighter but I swapped my headlights at the same time to polished ones as my others were a quite dull. Yet to test them on a proper dark country lane like. But reports from others seem good about them. Think amazon was the cheapest I found.

Edited by pulse

Ha nice.

I've just upgraded mine to night breakers all round. Seem a fair bit brighter but I swapped my headlights at the same time to polished ones as my others were a quite dull. Yet to test them on a proper dark country lane like. But reports from others seem good about them. Think amazon was the cheapest I found.

I was just curious, I had nightbreakers in my old car, they're decent to be fair, just wanted a brighter white that's all :)

Edited by Bellaa

I was just curious, I had nightbreakers in my old car, they're decent to be fair, just wanted a brighter white that's all :)

Yeah I thought they'd be whiter too tbh.

Well, to get the best range, you want a light temperature of about 4300K, but the whitest light is generated up at 6000K.

Don't be tempted to buy any bulbs with the 'Blue Tint Effect'.

A few years ago some folk on here were recommending the 'blue effect' bulbs as brilliant, I therefore bought some for both cars, they turned out to be a total waste of money and dangerous because the blue tinted spray created dark shadows and poor lighting. Needless to say they were removed PDQ and I resorted back to the originals.

Last week an original finally packed up, so rather than buy new ones, I found that I could remove all the blue tint by using some fine wire wool to reveal the original bulbs.

DB.

I wouldnt use LED's for headlights unless they left the factory with them.

I always buy Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs, they are a few shades whiter but give off a much better light and last for alot longer than standard bulbs as well.

Ive always liked LED sidelights though, pretty much any 501 will do, you just pick the style you want.

I've used a set of Osram Nighbreaker Unlimited and they lasted about 8months, until one of them died. I'm now on Philips Extreme Vision and they do look good, great in the night, I can see all the road imperfections and they do tend to have a little less heat output than the ones before. Maybe it it just me, but I do like them more. I am using Philips' for about two months and I have nothing but good things to tell about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive just ordered a pair of

I've used a set of Osram Nighbreaker Unlimited and they lasted about 8months, until one of them died. I'm now on Philips Extreme Vision and they do look good, great in the night, I can see all the road imperfections and they do tend to have a little less heat output than the ones before. Maybe it it just me, but I do like them more. I am using Philips' for about two months and I have nothing but good things to tell about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive just ordered a pair of Extreme visions so will let you know how they do for me

Edited by Karlosfandango1973
  • Like 2

As well as the bulbs, it might be worthwhile checking the state of the headlight glass. If they've a sandblasted or milky look, then it's possible to revitalise them with a drill/sanding/buffing kit and some fine sand paper and polishes.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/328980-yellowcloudy-headlights/?p=3950344

J.