Cold start issue

Another sh**e Skoda main dealer :(

However, good that you have a decent indi to get help from and that you can at least go somewhere else, armed with their diagnosis info and the technical bulletin, to get a warranty repair.

• Like 1

Are you sure, have you never heard as you get in the car and before the key goes in the ignition?

100% sure. I hear it whizz up every morning as I wait for the lights to go out before starting.

• Like 1

Ah well, if that is the pump and not the headlights fair enough.

So no noise when you unlock and open the 'Drivers Door' when the car is cold!

Correct. :)

Another sh**e Skoda main dealer :(

However, good that you have a decent indi to get help from and that you can at least go somewhere else, armed with their diagnosis info and the technical bulletin, to get a warranty repair.

Shouldn't have to though!  We've now incurred out of pocket expenses to have the problem investigated, lots of fuel messing about going to and fro, having time off work trying to get this sorted.  We bought a car with warranty so that wouldn't be the case!

It took the independent less than an hour to track the issue down.  The main dealer had the car twice, for 2 days the first time and 8 days the second time.

Grr, I'm getting very annoyed now.

So today it went into an alternative dealer, who were looking at appropriate things (fuel issues, fuel pump etc) and seemed to be looking along the right lines, but they couldn't confirm the fault for sure so aren't able to take further action unless they can see the car fault.

This has been going on since early December, it's involved two call-outs from Skoda Assist and I'm now over £100 out of pocket.  I'm really sick of running around like an idiot being passed from pillar to post.

What the hell is the point of a warranty if they don't actually fix your car when it's broken?! ARGH!!!

Also, you could try a formal complaint to Skoda UK and/or Skoda Auto.

Years ago, a friend of mine damaged his BMW 316 when the jack that came with the car broke while he was changing a flat tyre. The local dealers refused to compensate for the damage and only offered to replace the jack under warranty. A letter to BMW in Germany and a week later, the dealer called and said they would also cover the body damage. So, try it, it may work.

As many of us can testify - Skoda UK won't be bothered or interested. You'll get an even bigger runaround from SUK as you are getting from the dealer.

I was really hoping to be complaining to Skoda UK about an incompetent or possibly corrupt dealer.  But now we have two complaints - that, AND the fact our car still isn't right.

At this stage, I'm insure if contacting them will help or make it worse.  Because there has been no definitive fix yet, my concern is that they will believe, or at the very least spend a long time looking into, the first dealer's ridiculous misdiagnosis and turn this into even more of a saga!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back last week.  Dealer couldn't find fault.  A couple of days later, this happened:

Sent a letter to Skoda UK recorded delivery on Monday.  Royal Mail website says they received it on Tuesday morning.  No response or acknowledgement yet.  They haven't even called to say they've got our letter.  Absolutely abysmal.

Edited by naxtek
  • Like 1

Nothing unbelievable about it sadly - welcome to the typical "don't give a crap" attitude from Skoda UK towards its customers.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Still nothing, so called them up.  They have no trace of our letter.  Blamed it on their "processing centre" for incoming mail.

Postal tracking shows it was received and signed for at 7:32am last Tuesday (16th).

This is just beyond a joke.

Sadly, we did warn you Skoda UK is a steaming pile of fertiliser. Letters not received, calls that they claim never took place - all common tactics by them.

• Like 1

Sadly, we did warn you Skoda UK is a steaming pile of fertiliser. Letters not received, calls that they claim never took place - all common tactics by them.

But why is this ? under staff? lack of customer focus ? cost savings?

OP - have you arranged a meeting with the dealer principal or gone to another dealer ?

This should not be dragging on this long

But why is this ? under staff? lack of customer focus ? cost savings?

It's simply the staff and the company's general disdain and contempt for customers. Skoda UK is a typical example of a company that, once it has your money, considers customers to be an inconvenience it doesn't want to deal with.

OP - have you arranged a meeting with the dealer principal or gone to another dealer ?

Which dealer do you suggest?

It's already been to two!  One that misdiagnosed the issue and another that couldn't find any problem.

Also, update on the issue itself - it's occurred 2-3 times over the past couple of weeks.

When it does, lifting up the rear seat bench and wiggling the electrical connections to the low pressure fuel pump seems to make it work again, so I'm 99% sure that's where the fault is.  That's also backed up by the AA report and independent garage diagnosis.

At this stage, even if the dealer can't 100% confirm that's the issue, I think it's only right they just replace the fuel pump & fuel pump ECU as all evidence points towards that and we just need some action to be taken!

Edited by naxtek

Which dealer do you suggest?

It's already been to two!  One that misdiagnosed the issue and another that couldn't find any problem.

The one you bought the car from!

Im assuming the OPs car is covered under the Skoda roadside assistance (which is the aa) so when its got the fault if the aa man who comes out can diagnose the fault and tow you to the dealer they have a record of the fault and can then get it fixed?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1