Run Hide Tell

gadgetman

It is a bit concerning, I had been in Manchester Arndale centre week before the 96 bomb. Does make you more aware of the possibility's.      

I was on Oxford Road in Manchester when it went off. A friend said the high rise office she worked in, had all the tiles in one of the toilets on the fifth floor (about half way up) pop off the wall. It was like the building had a resonance and the anti-node was where the toilet was.

I was on Oxford Road in Manchester when it went off. A friend said the high rise office she worked in, had all the tiles in one of the toilets on the fifth floor (about half way up) pop off the wall. It was like the building had a resonance and the anti-node was where the toilet was.

Yes it was a big device and caused huge damage, but at least there was a warning. Not going to get one from these nutters.

I wouldn't read anything into it, but I'm sure there will be the usual hoax stories doing the rounds on social media.

You know the ones... Body bags being stockpiled in shopping centres, and someone helping a Muslim and then being given a warning not to visit somewhere in a couple of days.

• Like 2

Belle Isle, Ouessant , Rockall and the outer Hebrides sounding more attractive every minute !

Having lived through those years when the incredible lightness of being Republlcan Irish was visited on the UK population to max,  the prospect of a reprise of the last 40 years being served-up by the "I'm from the Middle East and the pain in my fanny is all your fault" brigade don't fill me with joy.

A vacated puffin hole will do me, as long as its far away from these ****wits sphere of operations.

Nick

You've missed armed forces personnel being barred from somewhere like a pub

The ole monthly "Trip ashore" was an event which I'm sure could have put terror in the hearts of the local residents -  and a trail of debris back to the front gate the equal of Cockermouth.

Nick

If you worry about it, you have been terrorised, so they've won.

Other than that it's practical advice if fooking obvious.

Seriously if you need told it's probably too late for you.

I don't remember this when the IRA were active.

I don't remember this when the IRA were active.

They did have a set of rules that they largely followed though.

Most/Many bombings were preceded by a warning phone call and shootings were targeted at specific people, whether that was opposition groups, the police or the army.

They didn't tend to go on suicidal mass shooting sprees like this.

• Like 1

They did have a set of rules that they largely followed though.

Most/Many bombings were preceded by a warning phone call and shootings were targeted at specific people, whether that was opposition groups, the police or the army.

They didn't tend to go on suicidal mass shooting sprees like this.

All true.

IRA were regarded as being a lot more professional.

But the attitude was a lot more "keep calm and carry on".

Panic and cower seems to be the order of the day now..

As StevesTruck says we are all now successfully terrorised. Muslims being targeted all over the western world and the wolfish Americans demanding boots on the ground.

As far as ISIS is concerned everything is going to plan.

All true.

IRA were regarded as being a lot more professional.

By who? I had a mate ,ex Green Howards, who saw action in Belfast ,and the cry from the troops in those days to SIL (ex REME) and daughter (ex slopjockey) was that if they chose to use Army as a title, then UK forces should see it as War and take off the kid gloves. Run a road block and the troops had to shout a warning. Meanwhile the car occupants were shooting, but shoot back and hit an occupant- no way - first of all they'd have to account for the bullets. Someone said the IRA gave warnings- tell that to my mate, who was regularly fired on when out on patrol --did he & his men get a warning- yep- a bullet