TSI vrs owners... Tell me about your cars !

Second for the folding mirrors and winter pack (heated screen, seats and washer jets).

The folding mirrors also have auto dipping the same as the rear view mirror, on a darkened motorway they are worth their weight in gold.

I have a DTUK tuning box on my TSI so running around the 300hp mark, I still return low 30's around town and high 30's low 40's on a run.

Second for the folding mirrors and winter pack (heated screen, seats and washer jets).

The folding mirrors also have auto dipping the same as the rear view mirror, on a darkened motorway they are worth their weight in gold.

I have a DTUK tuning box on my TSI so running around the 300hp mark, I still return low 30's around town and high 30's low 40's on a run.

That must be an absolute monster to drive.

Just out of interest but why the tuning box over a proper remap ?

2014 TSI DSG Estate (with Revo Stage3 map & hardware) currently on 12,000miles and just over a year old.  Town driving, with stop/start will give mid 20's high if I'm very careful.  Motorway driving is mid 30s if keeping up with traffic although I have managed 42mpg once when plodding at 60-65mpg in busy traffic.  As others have said it is difficult to stick to good mpg as I also find it difficult to not use full throttle to get past numpties :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours, brilliant car, does everything I ask of it and then some.

• Like 1

Love my 2015 VRS. Love the Sound generator, but you can customize this in the settings to be turned off if you dont want the sound. Real reason I went for the Skoda is the practicality and space as well as still having some decent performance. Options I have and think is a must is Parking Sensors and rear view Cam as its a BIG car. Coming from a VW scirocco to this took a bit of getting used too. Also have the folding mirrors and heated front and back seats. Great this time of year! Would liked the Exhaust to have had a better sound but since this is more aimed towards family practicality i can understand. However, and option would have been nice. Have seen on youtube some nice sound booster exhausts, that you can config on the profile options. Makes the car sound great. Haven't been able to source in the UK tho.  

2014 TSI DSG Estate (with Revo Stage3 map & hardware) currently on 12,000miles and just over a year old.  Town driving, with stop/start will give mid 20's high if I'm very careful.  Motorway driving is mid 30s if keeping up with traffic although I have managed 42mpg once when plodding at 60-65mpg in busy traffic.  As others have said it is difficult to stick to good mpg as I also find it difficult to not use full throttle to get past numpties :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours, brilliant car, does everything I ask of it and then some.

What hardware is also required for a stage 3 map?? Exhaust plus more I guess???

That must be an absolute monster to drive.

Just out of interest but why the tuning box over a proper remap ?

No it's very docile and drives like a standard car, however when you want the extra power it's there.

I went with the tuning box over a remap as it can be removed when the car goes to the dealers, so won't leave a TD1 marker when it's serviced, so in effect it's a standard car for warranty work.

Michaella, 

your car must be the animal to drive, I was only looking at the stage 3 set-up the other day, a Skoda with over 400hp!

Brilliant  :thumbup:  :D

Michaella, 

your car must be the animal to drive, I was only looking at the stage 3 set-up the other day, a Skoda with over 400hp!

Yeah goes OK, give me a shout if you're passing this way and can take you out (Daventry). :)

No it's very docile and drives like a standard car, however when you want the extra power it's there.

I went with the tuning box over a remap as it can be removed when the car goes to the dealers, so won't leave a TD1 marker when it's serviced, so in effect it's a standard car for warranty work.

Michaella, 

How did your trip to Revo go today? Any joy?

I would also add to the OP that I drive mine in "Eco" mode as it suits my style of driving around town, shifting early etc,  then if I want to go quicker I switch to manual model. I don't use D or S very often.

How did your trip to Revo go today? Any joy?

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel (and the 25% discount voucher), but hey ho I'll stick with the DT box for the time being.

Dilemma..just test drove a 230 hatch and it was in meteor grey..lovely smooth manual..very good interior finish..but what colour to choose!! Never thought much of meteor in brochures but in the flesh looked great..decisions decisions.. thoughts /opinions much appreciated...only 4 options Corida Red..meteor grey .. moon white or black..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dilemma..just test drove a 230 hatch and it was in meteor grey..lovely smooth manual..very good interior finish..but what colour to choose!! Never thought much of meteor in brochures but in the flesh looked great..decisions decisions.. thoughts /opinions much appreciated...only 4 options Corida Red..meteor grey .. moon white or black..

I have gone for the meteor, it is IMHO the best colour by far, especially with the black pack etc...how was performance in the 230? Sound any different to stock 220 you know??

Nezman..tbh coming from a vrs diesel i didnt notice massive power difference and is obviously quiter than a diesel..but it certainly did not dissappoint..felt very sure footed ..the sound actuator impressed me ..but thats coming from a mk3 vrs diesel with none...overall had sunroof which made it look very classy and the black pack..no canton..but ive had one bedore so know what that sounds like..overall i would never have guessed going for this colour but after a drive in mountains and motorway etc..i have to say it hides the dirt very well in this shade.

Ah cheers all.

I've gone for a 6speed manual.

Quartz grey metallic paint.

Sunset glass.

Should look pretty smart.

Identical to my car!

I personally think it is the best colour on this car, with the standard alloys complementing the body colour.

I was worried that I hadn't spec'd the Canton (and tried in vein to add it to my build), but I shouldn't have worried. The sound is awesome, good bass and treble. I think it depends where you're coming from to how you'll perceive the quality. I was from a fiesta so it sounds significantly better than that. If you're use to a top spec Audi or Lexus then you may be slightly disappointed. 

I may now have wished for leather seats, sat nav and a camera, but didn't really want to spend thousands on extras for a car like this. Was disappointed I don't have a shark fin aerial on the roof too!  :doh:

Car feels proper rapid though when overtaking! I had a mk1 Focus RS when they were first released, and use to drive it like I'd stolen it. I thought I had mellowed since having only my wife's fiesta to drive, and was convinced I would only use the extra performance in the VRS on the odd occasion I want to overtake something. However, now I have the VRS, I feel the need to overtake everything in my path.  :giggle:

MPG was low for what I thought it would deliver. Do a lot of short trips and trip computer says 31mpg. In the end I decided to enjoy the car and not worry about the fuel. Judge the car by 'Smiles per gallon'!

I love mine, with the DSG and in Eco mode it makes for a very quiet and smooth ride around town if I'm feeling mellow. Or it can be the complete opposite and I forget how fast it can be sometimes.

Mpg after 41k miles is 41.1.

Best mpg recorded from fill to fill was 52! Think worse was 18.

Things I don't like:

Creaking seats! The hard plastic on the seat frame rubbing on the fake leather drives me mad.

Hidden wheels inside the arches and ride height are just wrong on the car.

I guess the last points can be fixed though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine, with the DSG and in Eco mode it makes for a very quiet and smooth ride around town if I'm feeling mellow. Or it can be the complete opposite and I forget how fast it can be sometimes.

Mpg after 41k miles is 41.1.

Best mpg recorded from fill to fill was 52! Think worse was 18.

Things I don't like:

Creaking seats! The hard plastic on the seat frame rubbing on the fake leather drives me mad.

Hidden wheels inside the arches and ride height are just wrong on the car.

I guess the last points can be fixed though

I too hated the seat Creaking from the plastic rubbing on the leather, I put some vaseline in between the point of contact and it's quiet now! Give it a whirl!

I too hated the seat Creaking from the plastic rubbing on the leather, I put some vaseline in between the point of contact and it's quiet now! Give it a whirl!

That's a great idea! I'll have to try that thanks ! :)