service on 4 wheel drive

Servicing costs can be a bit of a joke whichever country you are in...it's where dealers make their money nowadays....not on selling cars as such (margins so small...).

I wanted to change my engine oil/filter after 10,000 kms just for peace of mind. Its a personal thing.

So....off to dealer....Oil and filter on my 3.6 is 366 swiss francs (£260!!) so I told them to take a long walk etc (politely of course...) and bought the filter from Skoda online (UK was cheapest even with shipping), oil from supermarket in France (Mobil 1 at around £40 for what I needed for the 3.6....so cheap) and did the job myself.

For the major service I will pop over to France to get it done at the dealer (I'm on a leasing deal so need to keep it at a franchise dealer). It will be half the cost of Switzerland but will update on Briskoda once I have had it done early next year.

The point about the Haldex servicing above - servicing (fluids/filter) is every 40,000 miles to be safe on the 6sp dsg despite what the dealer might/might not know :think: :smirk:

Dave

Why do you bother changing oil if it's lease car?

Replacement of the oils:

Transfer Box Oil: every 60000 miles.

Rear differential: same as above

Manual Transmission Gear Box: same as above

Haldex coupling + filter(include Haldex 4 generation):same as above

Note that all oil grades (except rear diff. and transfer box) ,are different!Also Haldex 4 gen. filter service kit is not among the genuine spare parts offered by VAG!

Not correct for UK car we are 40,000 miles for DSG and Haldex

Edited by DEL80Y

Not correct for UK car we are 40,000 miles for DSG and Haldex

Sorry ,mate!I've meant 60k kilometers,which is roughly the same  :)

Does the Haldex 4 even have a filter?  Didn't they drop that?  Or am I thinking about Haldex 5 where it doesn't even have a separate pump?

Yes it has a filter,but it's not serviceable as per official representatives of Skoda and VW! Even-tough it's not a mentioned as a spare part,which is ridiculous.With Haldex 5 I'm not familiar that much as with fourth generation.There were a case here ,when 40k km. Yeti Haldex 4 Pump failed ,due to clogged filter.Than after replacement and flushing of the system,everything  returned to normal operational state.