One careful owner (some dodgy drivers!)

Dedders

Apparently if your air bags go off the price is too high and the car is a right off, this car doesn't have any. I can only imagine the cost to put that car back to normal would be massive. It would be best going to a car collector who would keep it as is.

• Like 1

Be a nice touch to arrange with the BBC to allow the winner to go to the track and have a play at setting their own time to see how they come out on the leader board against those stars who have been in it :D 

• Like 1

Just seen that the last Top Gear reasonably priced car is for sale on EBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231786726259

Odd that it has Sat Nav fitted when it was just going to spend its life on a track.

I wonder what someone's willing to pay for it?

Because it came out of the factory with it fitted, and was registered as part of the Vauxhall Demo Fleet.

Apparently if your air bags go off the price is too high and the car is a right off, this car doesn't have any. I can only imagine the cost to put that car back to normal would be massive. It would be best going to a car collector who would keep it as is.

Not only will it need the air bags re fitting it will also need a DVSA inspection. 

Would make a good basis for a race car.

I like the title .One careful owner, but then a lot of the cars arriving in dealers/Carcraft etc/etc are just that- Motability or ex repmobiles, sometimes as with the lower spec smaller Skoda's loan vehicles for the body shop places . But all on lease and kept for the lease period with service last thing on the horizon. I once had hire cars for a long time after my firms car was badly beaten up by two rear enders on the motorway. I'd stopped for a lot of rubberneckers ,but the two behind didn't ( sort of wham bang ,sorry Sam, but twice). This was in the days of Sierras and Cavaliers. One Cavalier had 12k on the clock with no sign of service recall. The hire company got upset when I asked when they wanted it back for a service, and my manager got shirty when I asked about a safety check.

I'll bid if they'll throw in Margot Robbie with it.

Not sure it's got any real value. I don't think people would queue up at a motor museum to see it etc.

Tech Line comes with Nav....its basically Vauxhalls P11D friendly fleet model bit like Skodas SE Business.

Take a boring ass variant of the Astra, throw kit on it that would appeal to Mr Motorway Rep then give it a reasonable P11D-able price so it doesnt cost huge sums in CC tax.

Hardly anything reasonably priced about a 13.1k 13 plate 1.6 Tech Line thats been driven badly to within an inch of its life though haha

Tech Line comes with Nav....its basically Vauxhalls P11D friendly fleet model bit like Skodas SE Business.

Take a boring ass variant of the Astra, throw kit on it that would appeal to Mr Motorway Rep then give it a reasonable P11D-able price so it doesnt cost huge sums in CC tax.

Hardly anything reasonably priced about a 13.1k 13 plate 1.6 Tech Line thats been driven badly to within an inch of its life though haha

Bet they sold more diesel versions than petrols then in that spec (:

I can see why it would have too much value tbh, but as said above, it needs somebody with more money than sense maybe.

I wont name any names... :D :D

I don't think it's about the car, it's more because it's a top gear car.

I'm sure if they auctioned off that old red Hilux thing they tried to destroy or Jeremy's Toybota they would go for crazy money even though they are useless.

Ps. I would buy it purely for the fact Rachel Riley has sat in it.

Edited by hutchysrs50
  • Like 1

As for a proper reply... I hope it isn't a scam or somthing. Not even one decent picture of the car or roll cage or well anything... A picture with the reg on taken from a video clip and four others taken at a studio with the reg blurred out... In very poor quality!

• 2 weeks later...