breaking my fabia

SKYHAWK

I've changed many many parts even though I got no fault codes and car won't rev past 3k don't know where else to look been 4 mths now getting turbo off next week to check that but after that I give up

I was just thinking if it's a GTB hybrid like the one I purchased, it had the same problem, no boost really.

Done tones of logs etc and checked the actuator rod, had it adjusted plenty between its minimum and maximum basically and wouldn't work.

Returned it for a normal GTB which bolted on and worked first time without adjustment. So even though the GTB was brand new it was fault somehow.

fancy a change been looking at the 330d bm's but if I can slap my parts on something else might stay with the pd lump for a little longer

The 2litre BM  chips well past 210bhp (or more if you start with a 123/5) and is significantly lighter. The 6 pot lump makes itself known whenever you turn the steering wheel.

right guys I'm breaking my fabia what car would you guys recommend that runs the same engine as I want to swap as many bits as I can...

So you want to put the problem on to another car? Smart move, then you can sell that one and end up with a working Fabia.

• Like 1

where in this post did I say that?? read the posts....

Given that the problem is clearly engine/ancillaries related and you do not know which bit is causing the problem and you want to get a car with the same engine so you can swap the ancillaries on to it there is a chance you will simply move the problem from one car to another...

• Like 2

Given that the problem is clearly engine/ancillaries related and you do not know which bit is causing the problem and you want to get a car with the same engine so you can swap the ancillaries on to it there is a chance you will simply move the problem from one car to another...

Hey, at least if he moves one bit at a time through process of elimination he will, eventually find out what is causing the issues. Then he can put all the other parts back on his, replace the faulty part and sell the other, fully working standard car off to someone for pretty much what he pays for it or keep for spares ect.

Stevopc, go for it.

If I wasn't stuck in hospital I'd gladly take a look.. but I'm out of action for a while yet unfortunately.

But I'm sure if Steve posted a breakdown of what went wrong first and exactly what has been messed with it wouldn't be that difficult to sort it.

If I wasn't stuck in hospital I'd gladly take a look.. but I'm out of action for a while yet unfortunately.

But I'm sure if Steve posted a breakdown of what went wrong first and exactly what has been messed with it wouldn't be that difficult to sort it.

Sorry to hear that pal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...