Latest Infotainment version Bolero

Guys,

I own a Skoda Octavia MY2016 (1.6 TDI if that matters) with Bolero. Based on information from here and elsewhere (link), I've retrofitted the display from the FL Bolero, leaving the same unit in the glovebox.

Device part number: 5Q0035840A

Hardware: H25

Software: 0245

Question: Is there any way that through software update to have functionality to the "APP" button? That one does not I work, I suspect maybe it would work with the FL software?

I wouldn't want to brick the unit so let me know if there's any risk. In any case, may I have the link to the latest "safe" software, even if non-FL?

Thank you.

1712186111_WhatsAppImage2019-06-03at16_48_30.thumb.jpeg.51dfae831789f73dbcc79c673363e287.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.969daa68fc540d5874e71a51ca51c78c.jpeg

6.thumb.jpg.0544e7f8de5b4a6ce2f8f303abb45c1a.jpg

Hello,

I also got a Skoda with the Bolero system.

Device part number: 5Q0035840A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0241

Codec media: 2101.0.0.8

Installed software train version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T

Software version: H25.14.35_STD2Plus_EU

Looking through this thread, I can see my software is quite ancient. During the last maintenance checks my dealer apparently missed to perform the update of the unit.

What would be the latest software version for my unit?

Could I also get the link for the update package?

Thank you

Hello,

please send me also the link for downloading the newest firmare version of bolero system.

My bolero Hardware: 040

Software: 0421

part number: 5E0035812A

Is this update possible via USB?

Thanks for advice.

Best regards,

Hasenbraten

Hi:

I can't find the new firmware version 0475 of kodiaq bolero system (No NAV).

My device

Device part number: 5Q0035840C

Hardware: H41

Software: 0468

have anyone can help.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Otto_Octavius said:

Jesus, is anyone actually getting responses to these queries?

It's like Lemmings.

It's like a Wall of Tears!

• Haha 1

Yeah, I pm'd a couple of the requestors here and they had gotten a copy off another member.

If only people read the post a couple of pages back with a link to the download then they wouldn't have to keep asking.

Hello, please send me also the link for downloading the newest firmare version of bolero system.

Device part number: 5Q0035840B

Hardware: H30

Software: 0359

Thanks for advice.

Best regards,

Juha V

On 02/07/2019 at 16:29, Hajuv said:

Hello, please send me also the link for downloading the newest firmare version of bolero system.

Device part number: 5Q0035840B

Hardware: H30

Software: 0359

Thanks for advice.

Best regards,

Juha V

Same for me ;)

IMG_20190712_105050.jpg

Hello,

New here, I also need the 0490 update. Please PM

Info:

Device part number: 5E00350208

Hardware: H42

Software: 0292

One more question, I read everything around here, but it's not clear if after the update, everyone will get the errors or only some?

someone can help me with the update firmware?

my Octavia III 2015 has a Bolero Entertainment system 
Train version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0245T 
Software installed MU Version: 0245 
version of the software:H25.14.78_STD2Plus_EU 
HMI Software: H25.14.78_STD2Plus_EU 
Model: GuideModel_24.14.37 
Software base: H25.14.78-201507211616 

thanks

On 25/06/2019 at 23:15, Joekei13 said:

Hello, im also looking for the 0490 sw update, can someone send me the link?

Device: 5E0035819A

Hardware: 041

Software: 0421

Medien Codec n/a

thx a lot

Does Nobody can Help me???

There's a link on page 18 to the torrent and a link to a youtube page with another link on the same page.

Links are for MIB1 Bolero and used at own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

My sw is version 0435 yet when  I type in the VIN on the portal it tells me there is no update available - is this correct, does anyone know what is the latest version? Car is in for service at main dealer today and I'm pretty certain they won't update it...

Hello, New to this forum, owner of 4 Skodas,

I recently changed my  Octavia Elegance  1.4TSI (2013)   for a newer one a 1.8TSI Octavia Scout Style(2018) ,  i'm trying to learn if its possible to activate Smartlink on it, 

from what i gathered the Infotaiment device  is a Bolero  with the following serial and  software,  I do see the Smartlink menu, and the  contact dealer to unlock messages.

Here in Chile no  dealer is able to help me,  my question is  if I buy the code from Skoda directly, will the dealer be able to install it? 

On the Skoda page  they list the following  limitations 

SmartLink+ makes it possible to interconnect the user´s smartphone with the vehicle infotainment system in a sophisticated and elegant manner. The principle lies in displaying the smartphone screen on the vehicle infotainment screen. The purpose of the SmartLink+ activation key is to activate the functions of SmartLink+ under the respective licence and install the system successfully. Just a short while after interconnecting the USB interface with a compatible mobile phone and activating the SmartLink+ function the phone screen gets “mirrored” on the vehicle infotainment screen. Certified apps installed in the phone can then be controlled easily on the radio screen. See the onboard literature in your vehicle for more information.

Limitations:
The activation is valid and active exclusively for one vehicle. If the vehicle is sold, the activation document shall be provided to the buyer. In the event of a repair done on the vehicle the activation will be restored. The product numbers 5Q0.035.819.C and 5Q0.035.820.C do not allow for additional installation of SmartLink+.

Set contents: Licence document with activation key.

Using:
Each activation of the SmartLink+ function is relevant to a particular vehicle. The product needs to be activated in compliance with applicable regulations and correctly, using a diagnostics device provided by an authorised ŠKODA partner.

Exclusively for vehicles:
- with Amundsen:
 Fabia (NJ), Rapid (NHx), Octavia (5E), Yeti (5L), Superb (3V),
- with Bolero:
 Fabia (NJ), Rapid (NHx), Octavia (5E), Yeti (5L), Superb (3V),
- with Swing+:
 Fabia (NJ), Rapid (NHx), Octavia (5E), Karoq (NU), Kodiaq (NS).

Information for aftersales staff:
SmartLink+ can only be activated in infotainment systems whose screen features the SmartLink+ icon. When clicked on, the icon displays the following message: “You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer.“ Although this message is displayed, product numbers 5Q0.035.819.C and 5Q0.035.820.C do not allow for additional installation of SmartLink+.

If the vehicle is fitted with an infotainment system that does not support the SmartLink+ function, the licensed release cannot be performed and the function cannot be installed.

That only tells me devices that won't work, does not tell me anything about this particular one.

Any ideas.

best regards.

IMG_2700.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chelon said:

When applying the update do you copy the zip file to the SD card or unzip it first? Sorry I don't have the full instructions, does anyone have them?

You have to unzip it first!

• Like 1