Latest Infotainment version Bolero

13 hours ago, chelon said:

Thanks Dave, then is it the parent folder called eg Bolero MIB2 0252 or just the contents you copy onto the card?

Do you have a link to the update file?

4 hours ago, MarkTB said:

Do you have a link to the update file?

Thanks Dave, then is it the parent folder called eg Bolero MIB2 0252 or just the contents you copy onto the card?

I got sent it via PM, I'm not sure if it's ok to post it here

Have tried:-

Parent folder with contents

Contents only

Zip file only

Each time same result, no available media to perform update. Anyone know how it's done? SD card is formatted FAT32, I presume that's correct?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chelon said:

SD card is formatted FAT32, I presume that's correct?

FAT32 is correct.

Have you tried using a USB drive plugged into the AUX input instead?

Edited by PetrolDave

20 hours ago, chelon said:

I got sent it via PM, I'm not sure if it's ok to post it here

Can you please pm me the link? Thanks

I know I'm probably being a bit thick but I have just got the car and I think this is an MIB1 from what I've seen on the forum. At the moment it doesn't have sat nav and doesn't allow carplay or it seems any of the Skoda apps but it does work and my iPhone seems to work ok with it. There is a CD player in the glove box and a SD card slot but there isn't a card in it. So can I upgrade the software / hardware - I found a torrent somewhere but have no idea what to do with it. Also if I buy an MIB1 maps SD card would that give me sat nav or wouldn't it work?

Sorry for being so dim but trying to filter out the various bits of informatin from al these pages is just confusing me

IMG_5229.thumb.JPG.9c3468eb96f77f6e5d6dcc3d22620ca7.JPG

21 hours ago, rickystyx said:

I know I'm probably being a bit thick but I have just got the car and I think this is an MIB1 from what I've seen on the forum. At the moment it doesn't have sat nav and doesn't allow carplay or it seems any of the Skoda apps but it does work and my iPhone seems to work ok with it. There is a CD player in the glove box and a SD card slot but there isn't a card in it. So can I upgrade the software / hardware - I found a torrent somewhere but have no idea what to do with it. Also if I buy an MIB1 maps SD card would that give me sat nav or wouldn't it work?

Sorry for being so dim but trying to filter out the various bits of informatin from al these pages is just confusing me

You can update the firmware (the software that is hardcoded on your car's hardware) but there really is no point unless

(1) you are having an issue (some people reckon you get a faster response time and such and some people say it fixes radio issues they are having but if there's no problem then no point really)

(2) you want to add a cheap reversing camera then you probably need to update the firmware, I don't know at what firmware revision that functionality came in. Several threads in the forum on how to do that.

You would need to download a torrent software like utorrent and point it at the torrent and it will download the update files for you, unzip them to a usb or sd card and update through the infotainment system in the car. All the instructions are in a file in the download.

The updated firmware will not give you extra functionality like maps or smartlink.

To add maps or Smartlink you need to replace the whole hardware in the car (screen and glove box unit) loads of threads on here from people who have done it and how much it costs.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 14:34, chelon said:

I don't have a USB port, I believe it should work via the SD card?

How come you don't have a USB port, every MK3 has a USB port (at least every one i've ever been in) ?

There's a good instruction file in the folder telling you exactly what to do.

On 15/06/2019 at 10:43, Hasenbraten said:

Hello,

please send me also the link for downloading the newest firmare version of bolero system.

My bolero Hardware: 040

Software: 0421

part number: 5E0035812A

Is this update possible via USB?

Thanks for advice.

Best regards,

Hasenbraten

Hi,

please send me also the link. Thanks

On 17/07/2019 at 07:55, lway said:

There's a link on page 18 to the torrent and a link to a youtube page with another link on the same page.

Links are for MIB1 Bolero and used at own risk.

31 minutes ago, lway said:

You can update the firmware (the software that is hardcoded on your car's hardware) but there really is no point unless

(1) you are having an issue (some people reckon you get a faster response time and such and some people say it fixes radio issues they are having but if there's no problem then no point really)

(2) you want to add a cheap reversing camera then you probably need to update the firmware, I don't know at what firmware revision that functionality came in. Several threads in the forum on how to do that.

You would need to download a torrent software like utorrent and point it at the torrent and it will download the update files for you, unzip them to a usb or sd card and update through the infotainment system in the car. All the instructions are in a file in the download.

The updated firmware will not give you extra functionality like maps or smartlink.

To add maps or Smartlink you need to replace the whole hardware in the car (screen and glove box unit) loads of threads on here from people who have done it and how much it costs.

Thanks that's helpful - I do want to put the reversing camera on but I'd read that any setup with bluetooth enabled will do - so I'll give it a go and see if it works and if not I'll try the update. 

Happy to just use the phone for Sat Nav so I can save myself some time by leaving it as is.

Cheers

Richard

34 minutes ago, lway said:

How come you don't have a USB port, every MK3 has a USB port (at least every one i've ever been in) ?

There's a good instruction file in the folder telling you exactly what to do.

I got the car new and ordered the special cable for the iPod, so don't have the USB - guess I could get a 30 pin - USB converter if needed but would like to get the SD working. I just can;t see that help file, would you have the file name?

42 minutes ago, chelon said:

I got the car new and ordered the special cable for the iPod, so don't have the USB - guess I could get a 30 pin - USB converter if needed but would like to get the SD working. I just can;t see that help file, would you have the file name?

Ok, didn't realise that was an option :) 

Will have to check the filename tonight when home from work unless anyone can help you out before then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lway said:

Ok, didn't realise that was an option :) 

Will have to check the filename tonight when home from work unless anyone can help you out before then.

File is called "FW upgrade guide" and is a PDF file

It says: Copy the archive to your SD card/USB stick (formatted to FAT32 filesystem), 3 folders and metainfo.txt goes in the root directory (use a reliable error free flash drive)

22 hours ago, lway said:

I downloaded the torrent on page 18 and the utorrent and I've ended up  with a folder containing the pdf and a .rar file but no folders - have I got something wrong?

2 minutes ago, rickystyx said:

I downloaded the torrent on page 18 and the utorrent and I've ended up  with a folder containing the pdf and a .rar file but no folders - have I got something wrong?

Nope, PDF file is the instructions. You need WinRAR to open the rar file, it's just a compressed file. You get a free 40 day trial of WinRAR  after installing so no need to purchase.

You should end up with a mib0490 folder, open the mib0490  folder and you should have three folders SKODA_NAV_SSB, SKODA_PLUS_SSB, SKODA_STD_SSB and a .txt file called metainfo2, copy these to root of USB or SD Card and follow instructions in the PDF - read instructions carefully as there are some important details in there.

23 minutes ago, lway said:

It says: Copy the archive to your SD card/USB stick (formatted to FAT32 filesystem), 3 folders and metainfo.txt goes in the root directory (use a reliable error free flash drive)

23 minutes ago, lway said:

Thanks, but I can't see any PDFs at all in my version. Also I've got 28 folders plus the metainfo2.txt file. Does anyone know if the Amundsen version will work in a standard Bolero?

5 minutes ago, lway said:

Nope, PDF file is the instructions. You need WinRAR to open the rar file, it's just a compressed file. You get a free 40 day trial of WinRAR  after installing so no need to purchase.

You should end up with a mib0490 folder, open the mib0490  folder and you should have three folders SKODA_NAV_SSB, SKODA_PLUS_SSB, SKODA_STD_SSB and a .txt file called metainfo2, copy these to root of USB or SD Card and follow instructions in the PDF - read instructions carefully as there are some important details in there.

My folders don't look correct at all then, could you PM me the download if you get time?

11 minutes ago, lway said:

Got it now - thanks for the help - hopefully the camera will work anyway but if not I'll give this a go

47 minutes ago, WolfieDK said:

Hi Rickystyx,

My I ask ... witch camera have you bought for you car ? 🙂 And have you mounted it your self ? 🙂

I bought the JSTMAX camera specifically for the octavia but it hasn't arrived yet - hopefully soon

• 3 weeks later...