Aftermarket Bluetooth (and maybe Park Assist ?)

Fenix

Hi

Just looking to join the world of Yetis - my wife has specific needs that she wants ticked off - it has to be a certain colour with a certain engine and have bluetooth.

If I can find the engine and colour but without the Bluetooth - are there aftermarket kits that work well ?  Or is it best to hold off and find one that ticks all the boxes ?

Thanks. 

On my old Yeti I didn't have Bluetooth and used a Jabra Bluetooth unit that clips to the sunvisor.  It worked a treat, didn't get in the way and only needed charging once or twice a year.  It was about £35 from Argos if memory serves.  Might give you more choice...

Bluetooth is a fairly easy instal: module, loom, mic, VCDS coding.

Fitting Park Assist will be a lot more involved and may be dependent upon the ABS controller that is fitted to the car. While this can be upgraded, you are adding to the cost and complexity.

Adding front sensors and Park Assist is something that I am looking at for my Yeti. Front sensors are very useful for where I often park and I might as well look at adding PA while I am at it - just because I can, not because I need it!

AFAIK only L&K spec Yeti's come with PA as standard. Others may have had it as an optional extra - but probably quite rare.

Edited by KBPhoto

When you mention Park Assist in the title do you mean full-blown self parking functionality or do you just mean parking sensors?  I know some mfgs call any parking sensors park assist but for Skoda Park Assist if self parking.

As KBPhoto has said, retro fitting full Park Assist is not going to be practical.  Adding parking sensors is easy.  All Yetis from SE upwards have rear parking sensors as standard.

Skoda don't do an upgrade kit to add front sensors on the Yeti, unfortunately, as my experience of genuine kits is very good.

Consequently, you are left with third party kits made up from genuine parts and 3rd party looms such as:

CarSystems.pl - or this one for the F&R kit (if I was going to retrofit sensors, I'd look for a car without any and start from scratch - no compatibility or upgrade wiring issues);

Skodadop;

Cars Equipment (although it shows the Octavia button).

However, I have just seen this - a full 12 sensor PLA 2.0 kit for the Yeti! No idea if it will fit on a pre-FL Yeti or not, but I suspect the only real difference will be the bumper shape which will affect the brackets for the sensors. But I managed to fit a Mk2 FL-Ocatvia kit to a Mk2 pre-FL Octavia with a little modding of the brackets.

This would be my choice if my Yeti did;t already have the wiring for rear sensors...

Although you will need to upgrade your ABS sensors, maybe your ABS controller and a part in the steering column as well.

Eddie-NL did it on his Octavia and put (a few) details on this forum to tease us. He's your best bet for information.

Edited by KBPhoto

Just bear in mind that there have been, I think, three generations of full Park Assist fitted to Yeti's,  and the number of sensors varies.  The one I have (I think still the latest version) has 12 sensors,  four of which are SIDE sensors, not just front and rear.

And don't I know it having to back off my drive past a gate post and our motorhome, Beep city!!!

Just a thought, reverse in and drive out forwards...

Just bear in mind that there have been, I think, three generations of full Park Assist fitted to Yeti's,  and the number of sensors varies.  The one I have (I think still the latest version) has 12 sensors,  four of which are SIDE sensors, not just front and rear.

PLA 2.0 has 12 sensors - 4 front bumper + 2 on the sides and 4 rear bumper with 2 on the sides.

PLA 1.0 (and 1.5?) has 4 front + 2 on the sides and only 4 on the rear.

No park assist will have either 4 front and 4 rear or just 4 rear.

Park Assist is a great toy...that I never use. Only now to show my grandson, old grandad parking/driving without his hands on the wheel.

• Like 2

Park Assist is a great toy...that I never use. Only now to show my grandson, old grandad parking/driving without his hands on the wheel.

Sounds like a good use to me!

I do agree that since I can park the car, I will continue to do so manually.

As I'm considering adding front sensors, I've been looking at the possibility and costs of adding PLA at the same time.

If the costs outweigh the benefit (which it probably will) then I'll stick with just adding front sensors for the OPS.

Completely agree. I had it on a Merc a couple of years ago and only ever used it to show it off to people. Never once used it "for real". The sensors themselves were handy enough but the assisted mode is just a gimmick.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice - I'd not even considered the cheap Halfords option !  But the Skoda module does sound interesting too.

I think we'll pass on the park assist - although the fact that you can get a car to do this blows my mind completely.  Parallel parking is something I rarely need to do - so I'm rubbish at it ! ;-)

• Like 2