my new skoda yeti has rear sensor problem

rayscar

As above. If the head unit has already started fully then it should only take about 1-2 seconds (or less) for it to show up.

If the car has just been started then the head unit could take 20-30 seconds for the display to come up.

All those '+1's' - were your head units factory fitted?

Just wondering if this is an issue when the Columbus is retrofitted; although I can't see why it would be.

Mine also starts straight away. Start engine, select reverse and the display and beeps are there immediately. It's a factory fitted unit. Mine's really useful to me as I have to reverse down my drive which negotiating an awkward kink part way down but with a delay of 20-30 seconds I'd be out in the road before it kicked in. As the OP says "new Yeti" in his header I'd say back to the dealer; if they say it's normal ask to try it in a couple of demonstrators or cars on the forecourt and go from there.

Wonder if all those with delayed responses are either the Columbus units (possible due to the HD requiring time to spin up and the software (maps) to load) or whether it is a 'retro-fit' issue...

Mine is a retro-fit (old) Columbus in a 2010 Yeti. And mine takes 10 seconds+!before the sensor display will show. But only when first starting the car. Once everything is up to speed it takes a second or so to show.

I have had an intermittent problem with my display since July. My Yeti has been in my local dealer 8 times (the last time for 2 weeks) to try and rectify the problem to no avail. I have had various software updates, a new radio and 2 new body control modules and the display is still intermittent. I am relieved that I am not the only one this is happening to. No one at either the dealers or Skoda appear to know what is the problem

Edited by blobbs

So all those who have no problems/delay 1) have Boleros and 2) have the factory fitted HU.

What about those that have problems/delayed start up?

I'm leaning towards it being a slow start time on the Columbus issue.

Edited by KBPhoto

So all those who have no problems/delay 1) have Boleros and 2) have the factory fitted HU.

What about those that have problems/delayed start up?

I'm leaning towards it being a slow start time on the Columbus issue.

Mine is a factory fit Bolero

its a factory fitted bolero unit

If the car is new (which I assume from your original post) then it is definately a fault that will be covered by warranty. There should not be any delay in the display when selecting reverse.

Back to the dealer I think.

Wonder if all those with delayed responses are either the Columbus units (possible due to the HD requiring time to spin up and the software (maps) to load) or whether it is a 'retro-fit' issue...

Mine is a retro-fit (old) Columbus in a 2010 Yeti. And mine takes 10 seconds+!before the sensor display will show. But only when first starting the car. Once everything is up to speed it takes a second or so to show.

Mine usually displays immediately on selecting reverse whether "cold or hot" .

But

Occasionally on startup  I only get the beeps  with the Skoda flashscreen display showing for probably 10 or so secs. just like KBPhoto.

Factory fitted Columbus.

Havent tried any in depth analysis of when this occurs tho'.