NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

I think this is the only problem of human which works on SKODA company. If they do not want to make this brand more good they will never move there hands for you.

If he is not motivated he will do nothing.

I have the same problem. In one city they rejected me and told me this is standart sound and we do not hear nothing.

In the other city they sayed, ok we will contact factory and they call me after 1 week and told me come to service and they make changes. 

And both of these company are official SKODA dealers.. 

As I told you it is only the problem in workers there... If Even boss (of dealer shop)  is not interesting in good name of skoda company, how the simple worker could be more interesting then  his boss..

Sad, and skoda was the first new car in my life, and i will never buy more SKODAs definatlly... sadly..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JackySi said:

Its obviously not normal that u hear Superb's suspension... Something else is creating noises on your car which are not normal. When I had temporary vehicle I didn't hear any suspension noises or had any issues (Also Superb). It was very very quiet.

I love all about this car, the way it drives, suspension every thing... The only crap part is issues with noises which are not there since day 1. Meaning they can be fixed. If they were fixed this would be definitely my favorite in price range up to 50.000€.

Im very glad you have your Skoda and this car suit you and you are satisfied. This is show how different are the SKODA users needs.

One is happy another one is not happy. I think it is normal.

But if you spent all your life money for new car and get noisy car.. i think it is not righht... But as allways, the problem is yours not SKODA's because you spent to less time to evaluate this car.. 

33 minutes ago, JohnyB said:

But if you spent all your life money for new car and get noisy car.. i think it is not righht... But as allways, the problem is yours not SKODA's because you spent to less time to evaluate this car.. 

i did "upgrade" from 21.5k€ 2009 Hyundai Sonata 2.0 CRDi AT4 to 40k€ 2016 Superb III

Škoda gave only one hour for test drive, while
Subaru, Peugeot and Hyundai gave 60 hours
Honda 36h
VW 20h

i still love my Superb III, esspecialy on highway, but i hate Škoda's attitude
if not, i wouldn't invest:
1k€ interior sound deadening
350€ corosion prottecting for bottom
500€ Ceramic Pro coating for top
450€ AMG Style exhausts
500€ rear spoiler and black roof
770€ black alloys for summer season
150€ LED lights ir rear, trunk and all doors
80€ Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System
more often service intervals - 8-10kKm engine, 40kKm DSG6

6 hours ago, MartiniB said:

i did "upgrade" from 21.5k€ 2009 Hyundai Sonata 2.0 CRDi AT4 to 40k€ 2016 Superb III

Škoda gave only one hour for test drive, while
Subaru, Peugeot and Hyundai gave 60 hours
Honda 36h
VW 20h

i still love my Superb III, esspecialy on highway, but i hate Škoda's attitude
if not, i wouldn't invest:
1k€ interior sound deadening
350€ corosion prottecting for bottom
500€ Ceramic Pro coating for top
450€ AMG Style exhausts
500€ rear spoiler and black roof
770€ black alloys for summer season
150€ LED lights ir rear, trunk and all doors
80€ Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System
more often service intervals - 8-10kKm engine, 40kKm DSG6

I can understand your frustration. I paid 37.000€ (Built in August 2017 MY18) for my car as well and I had very bad experience with dealership too. But I really dislike your comments on this forum about the brand and rest of the car. Because I love all about the car except these few issues which are just a few... Engine is amazing and engine is built from 4000 pieces+. Not to mention interior, sound, steering wheel, trunk, space in back, seat's heating, acc, etc etc etc... So why you keep saying "upgraded" and post bull**** around this forum how the brand sucks... Skoda does care about customers, you just had no luck getting to the right people. If you hate the car so much why not just change it and get it over with?

I have same issues as you guys and I also visited dealer at least 4 times so far. I wrote really nice email to my service adviser (about my disappointment) and he took me very seriously and now hes doing every thing in his power to get my car fixed. Problem with service in Slovenia is not what is issue and what not, but how they fix it. Because usually its fixed for 1-2 weeks and voila all back (They grease only maybe?). Any how I will never say Superb is not an awesome car because of that. The way it drives, engine, fuel consumption, design, lights. I just LOVE it. But I'm ready to change the car to something else if this will not be fixed, because I'm annoyed by weird noises in such expensive car. But that is last thing on my list. Before I will rattle cages in dealership lead people and then Škoda directly. Even thought about driving to Czech directly to factory/service near by. I will get crazy. And if all fails, I will sell the car and buy something else. Write a nice blog about it, get some adverts and do some damn damage.

7 hours ago, JohnyB said:

Im very glad you have your Skoda and this car suit you and you are satisfied. This is show how different are the SKODA users needs.

One is happy another one is not happy. I think it is normal.

I'm 25 years old and I live with my mother. My number 1 priority and LOVE on this world is cars and driving. I spent all savings I worked hard for in last 7 years on this car. And even now the car is not 100% paid out. So please...
Here in my country u can't test cars for more than 1 hour. Nowhere. That would be awesome if possible. But what u wrote is wrong. Skoda cares about the customers and its their issue to repair warranty issues. My family had Skoda's since 1970. My grandfather, grandmother, dad, mom and now me. We have very long history with the brand. And we never ever had issues like I have on my Superb.

Edited by JackySi

I think google translate is to blame for a large part of the offence taken at @MartiniB's comments and terminology. I know he is doing a lot better than I would be if I had to communicate with people in Latvian.

I appreciate that owners and supporters of the brand hate to hear anything negative, but after translating a letter for him it seems he is being charged (by two different dealers) for repairs and fixes that are done for free under warranty in the UK. He is not getting any help from Skoda Latvia either. I know from personal experience (Audi) that bringing a thread to the attention of the right people within a company can get things moving.

We all think or own level of complaining is the appropriate level, but I might be doing the same in his situation. I certainly wouldn’t want to take a financial hit for something a manufacturer should be sorting.

Edited by Alan_P

I've noticed from another forum that the independant rear suspension Golf VII also seems to suffer with the same rattle in the rear suspension - think the design is almost the same as the Superb III.

At the moment it's putting me off the Superb III as my mkII has been nearly rattle free on all fronts. Did have one that was bugging me - eventually traced to my glasses in the overhead glasses compartment - didn't sound as though it was coming from that though, but it was!!

Looking at the Karoq as well - but at the mo it's a bit pricey for me (online discounts way better for the Superb for now) 

Edited by bigjohn

I just wonder, if it would be possible (it is impossible because of warraty) to change cheep shock absorbers from origal (according code they cost around 35 EUR (MONROE shock absorbers is used now in Skoda) to highest level Shoch absorbers for example 100 EUR for pcs maybe this noice will disapear fopr all times... But Im not Sure, just wonder

1 hour ago, JohnyB said:

I just wonder, if it would be possible (it is impossible because of warraty) to change cheep shock absorbers from origal (according code they cost around 35 EUR (MONROE shock absorbers is used now in Skoda) to highest level Shoch absorbers for example 100 EUR for pcs maybe this noice will disapear fopr all times... But Im not Sure, just wonder

I was wondering that too.  Since that would probably get rid of the noise. Will ask at dealership next time I'm going =)

• 5 weeks later...

I’m currently working my way through this thread as my car has started to make these rattling noises in the rear suspension, particularly at low speed over speed bumps.

Very annoying!

Weirdly only just started hearing it after 10,000 miles and in warm weather! 

I will be contacting my dealer very soon but in the meantime has anyone had this issue properly fixed? 

My car has this rattle noise in front suspension as well, especially when driving on cobblestone roads. Feels like you are driving with old horse carts...:angry: Car has DCC. Would be grateful if someone would share his experience for eliminating and solving this rattle problem.

Edited by Deerjohn

I'm telling this to my dealer for last 7 months. Still not fixed. Various excuses and they're always busy so they have no time for me to change / fix the issue. Very mad. Changed 2 official services, now at 3th. Scheduled on Monday, we'll see what happens. 

I contacted my service manager to ask if they had any papers from Skoda on this problem which so many people are complaining about, he never replied. So on the second service I mentioned the clatter and the mechanic changed one of the shock absorbers and it has helped in that I can not now hear it all the time, but I can occasionally. This is not satisfactory on the top of the range car and it has left me with a nasty taste, which is a shame as otherwise it is a nice car.

• Like 1

Today I visited dealer's service and they are saying that the source of rattle sound could be front break calipers. They took some sample measurements and will send to factory. Will see what factory will say...?!

The front brake calipers!!?? Really!? Sounds like BS to me. 

Weirdly mine has stopped making any noise now, which is nice. Hope it stays that way. 

8 hours ago, TGR said:

The front brake calipers!!?? Really!? Sounds like BS to me. 

Weirdly mine has stopped making any noise now, which is nice. Hope it stays that way. 

I think that it is BS too. But at least my dealer's service has noticed that there is some rattle noise... Did you do smth to stop the noise that you heard before?

2 hours ago, Deerjohn said:

I think that it is BS too. But at least my dealer's service has noticed that there is some rattle noise... Did you do smth to stop the noise that you heard before?

No, didn't do anything. I only heard the noise/rattle a couple of times last week when the weather was quite hot. Thought it might be something to do with that, even though most people here have reported hearing the noise in cold weather.

I have speed bumps going in and out of my village so I was checking the noise (with windows down) over the weekend and yesterday but didn't hear anything. Very strange. 

Hmm, difficult to tell.

Yours sounds like it's a slight dull rattle nearly all the time.

I had a much more obvious rattle just when going over speed bumps, and definitely from the rear suspension (not the front/brake calipers). 

20 minutes ago, TGR said:

Hmm, difficult to tell.

Yours sounds like it's a slight dull rattle nearly all the time.

I had a much more obvious rattle just when going over speed bumps, and definitely from the rear suspension (not the front/brake calipers). 

Yes, it is like dull rattle. Will see what will be my service feedback after consultation with factory...

3 hours ago, Deerjohn said:

Is the noise of rattle similar to what my car has? Audio file is attached.

Recording_3.m4a

Mine is exactly like this. When driving over uneven surface like old roads or very bad sandy road (probably wrong word). I hear in front like this, but back is little different. They told me last time the front had bad wishbone bushings but they were oiled with special grease so the sound should go away. Rear I have bad dampers, probably.

5 hours ago, JackySi said:

Mine is exactly like this. When driving over uneven surface like old roads or very bad sandy road (probably wrong word). I hear in front like this, but back is little different. They told me last time the front had bad wishbone bushings but they were oiled with special grease so the sound should go away. Rear I have bad dampers, probably.

Does your car have DCC?  And is the rattle noise in front the same after application of the special grease to wishbone bushings?

39 minutes ago, Deerjohn said:

Does your car have DCC?  And is the rattle noise in front the same after application of the special grease to wishbone bushings?

After 1 week bushes were same yes. But I dont trust my dealer that they handled it propey. I do have dcc yes. :-)

As I wrote in another topic. Got the car back. Other issues I had were fixed (thank god - which I don't believe in). The rear knocking sound dealer couldn't find the cause. And because they're not exactly "large" dealership, they can't just go and change parts to try out what could it be. So i'm left with the car that still has the issue. This dealership is faar superior to other 2 I had before by the way. Have to emphasize that!!!

I asked to pay absorbers my self so they told me they would do free swap of shock absorbers if that's not the issue. If it is, they can claim warranty from Skoda so I would not have to pay, if I understood properly of course. Sounds like awesome deal. Zero warranty that's the issue however. Also I feel sound is coming from left side of the car only and it has been like that since I took it home So could be something else like exhaust or something. I don't honestly know anymore. Its not a cheap swap if I decide to do so (800€) and if its not the issue I'm left with nothing.

Edited by JackySi