NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

I have seen the UK TSB !!!!!! Not in detail but it was on the desk as my dealer put my car on the systems for work as soon as the parys are available

• Like 1

The service manager said they had no experience of this fault.

ha ha, what else :)

only after writing to '[email protected]'

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/397349-engine-noise-vibration-and-harshness/?p=4605079

i received answer from skoda-auto.cz, but useless as always :(

Dear Mr. MB,

Thank you very much for your e-amil dated of 29.04.2016 in which you express your dissatisfaction with the noise suspension and reduced GPS signal at your car SKODA Superb GrtSTY TS162/2.0A6F, VIN: TMBAD9NP6G7xxxxxx.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this unpleasant situation and we deeply apologize in the name of the manufacturer.

We have contacted our SKODA importer Karlo Motors SIA that is entitled to respond to all queries, comments and claims of customers in accordance to the current legislation of your country and warranty and claim conditions as well as with the approved repair technology.

We have informed them about the problems and asked to take the remedial action with the highest priority. They will contact you soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours faithfully

Jana Harms, VAT/2 – Péče o z?kazn?ka / Customer Care / Kundenbetreuung ŠKODA AUTO a.s., T?. V?clava Klementa 869, 293 60 Mlad? Boleslav, Czech Republic [email protected], www.skoda-auto.cz , www.skoda-auto.com

Skoda UK should be on to this...but the silence is deafening as usual. :thumbdown:

Business as usual then....

Their mentality is one of: "If we ignore it, it will probably go away".  :finger:  :wall:  :dull:

I've done about 600 km with my new 280 TSI 4x4 Combi (with DCC)  and I haven't noticed any noise from rear suspension. According to VIN the car was built Mar 17th 2016.

I've done about 600 km with my new 280 TSI 4x4 Combi (with DCC)  and I haven't noticed any noise from rear suspension. According to VIN the car was built Mar 17th 2016.

Mine took a while before the knocking noises started to develop - that's not to say yours will of course, but keep an ear out regardless. 

Mine took a while before the knocking noises started to develop - that's not to say yours will of course, but keep an ear out regardless. 

The only noise I am looking forward of hearing: me knocking on wood, hoping for good luck with my rear suspension :)

Dear Folks,
THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!! At least for my car in Riga, Latvia. There is already (in my case after waiting for more than 5 months) solution and new components available that eliminates the rattle in the rear suspension. Today, I had appointment in my dealer’s service as they received these new components. Service replaced them and there is no any rattle sounds anymore from the rear part of the car. I made several test drives testing my car on different roads. And there is no any annoying sounds from the rear part of the car. At least in the first day after replacement of these hydraulic wishbone bushes.
Good luck to everyone with the solution to this “historic” problem!

• Like 4

I know some of you on here don't always seem to get the best response/service from you dealers. I've always been completely happy with my local dealer (Robert Eardley - Crewe). my Wife and I have had 7 various Skoda models over the years and inevitably things have (very) occasionaly cropped up. But each and every time the Dealer and/or Service Managers have been first class and got things seorted as quickly as possible - hope this isn't the kiss of death!!!

• Like 2

Ok, here's a general question about this problem: Once these lower bushes have been replaced, is there any chance of the rear geometry being knocked out of kilter? 

What are the chances of EVERYTHING going back together exactly as when the car rolled out of the factory, post 4 wheel alignment? 

• Like 1

Ok, here's a general question about this problem: Once these lower bushes have been replaced, is there any chance of the rear geometry being knocked out of kilter?

What are the chances of EVERYTHING going back together exactly as when the car rolled out of the factory, post 4 wheel alignment?

I guess they have to do a calibration.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Quite a few Skoda dealers I have encountered don't have the facility to do a full 4 wheel alignment on their own cars  :dull:

It could be difficult getting Skoda to pay a 3rd party alignment outfit to do the job on their behalf. I would rather tolerate knocking suspension than have a car wandering around whilst killing its rear tyres  :no:

Quite a few Skoda dealers I have encountered don't have the facility to do a full 4 wheel alignment on their own cars :dull:

It could be difficult getting Skoda to pay a 3rd party alignment outfit to do the job on their behalf. I would rather tolerate knocking suspension than have a car wandering around whilst killing its rear tyres :no:

Here in Sweden they have to pay for an alignment. Since it goes within the warranty for the issue.

If they had to, I would pay for it myself. Why drive around with this sound? Never. Ever.

• Like 1

Does anybody know the TSB number for the updated hydro bush I want to be prepared for no they all do that!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Edited by maherto
  • Like 1

My car will be fixed 25-26th of May here in Stockholm, Sweden. They will also do a 4x4 calibration so that's why they said it might take two days. I also get a free replacement car during these days. :)

I sent a translation of the Czech article to our local dealership mentioning also comments made on this site and requested a reply. NO reply so far. Will leave it another week before I chase them again.

I´m still trying my best to hear this sound but I guess I´m just not driving on the right type of roads. As I mentioned before - no shakes or rattles so far.

What is the name of the dealer in Stockholm "difference"? Do you know if they have taken in more cars than yours?

I sent a translation of the Czech article to our local dealership mentioning also comments made on this site and requested a reply. NO reply so far. Will leave it another week before I chase them again.

I´m still trying my best to hear this sound but I guess I´m just not driving on the right type of roads. As I mentioned before - no shakes or rattles so far.

What is the name of the dealer in Stockholm "difference"? Do you know if they have taken in more cars than yours?

Skoda Stockholm.

My car is still waiting replacement bushings from factory and repair was now delayed second time. I really hope parts will arrive next week as they now promised.

I have noticed that when temperature is more than 20 Celsius clattering noise is disapearing almost completely and when it is again something like 15 Celsius noises are heavily back so it is really temperature related.