Limited Options on new vRS !!

Spoke to the dealer today to try and get confirmation on options, they are still waiting for brochures but they faxed me the "price" list - a whole A4 page !!

I was suprised to see a very limited range of options, and for me one large one that was missing is Sat-Nav - spoke to Skoda Customer Service and they couldnt tell me wether its available - they getting back to me -- slightly anoying in that every car I've seen pictures of has the blessed sat-nav(admitedly not RHD).

For your info the options are listed below :- (sorry if already listed elsewhere)

vRS Saloon - £17,500 on the road

vRS Estate - £18,200 on the road

Dual Zone Aircon,Jumbo box & Rear Electric Windows - £450.00

Rear Parking Sensors - £260.00

Front & Rear Parking Sensors - £500.00

Cruise Control - £150.00

Maxi-Dot - £ 90.00

Curtain Airbags - £280.00

Electric Sunroof(Slide & Tilt) -£665.00

18" Zenith Alloy Wheels -£300.00

Xenon Headlights & Headlight Washers -£550.00

Which leaves a few gaps ;-

Metalic / Black Magic / Race Blue Paint ???? (£295.00)

Sat-Nav ???? (£1350.00)

Heated Seats ???? - not listed on any model option list ????

Multifunction Steering Wheel ???? (£180.00 inc MaxiDot)

Light Assist ???? (£45.00)

If we assume they are the same as other models then a fully specced Octavia vRS is going to cost over £22,000

I must say I find it annoying that a car is available to order,but neither the dealers or Skoda have exact details of spec availability.

The Audi Q7 isnt out untill June NEXT YEAR and we've already got price list,full options list and brochures !!

Anybody managed to order a new vRS with the above yet ????

I tried to order a car with the upgraded 12 speaker audio, but was told that I would have to wait until middle of December before they would be able to confirm whether I could get it.

This is a company car and I am already three months in ordering it, so I ordered it without cause my boss was giving me a hard time. I did get told, I would have to pay for the metallic paint at £295.

My local dealer said that he thought the reason metallic paint was not on the price list, was so that skoda could put the price up 1st January without making the RS brochure out of date. (Though I use the term brochure very loosely).

Sorry should have said 'Flesh' Reason it looks W**k is because it looks so round in the front end, sits really high off the ground and looks too 'new'! Stick to the old model, appears to be better value for money !

Sorry should have said 'Flesh' Reason it looks W**k is because it looks so round in the front end, sits really high off the ground and looks too 'new'! Stick to the old model, appears to be better value for money !

Been there done that,read the book,watched the film & bought the t-shirt !!

As for value for money - same technology and more room than Golf or A3.

If I wanted an A3 my boss has told me that he would give me a 10% discount - which aint bad considering they only give lease co's between 5&7%

There is a new A3 2.0TFSi S-Line SE coming out with £2000 of extras for free - but I's till have to pay around £4-5,000 more for an A3.

It does seem to be the case that the vRS options are quite limited but the ticket price is competitive with the Golf and the options you would have to fit to it cost a damn site more. I also think it's a bit much that the rear electric windows are not standard though and that's crazy money for xenons especially when you consider the headlight washers are standard on the elegance.

ps Forget the steering wheel radio controls. I think the vRS steering wheel isn't compatible with them.

Something that would've been nice would be a heated windscreen. Either as an option on the Elegance or vRS.

No hope although the windscreen de-mist button on the dual climate control system in my car is very effective.

Same crack over here, its a joke. Wouldn't you think that all this infomation should be sorted out by now, HOW CAN YOU ORDER A CAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE OPTIONS ARE ?????

Dual Climate, Cruise, Side Airbags & Maxi Dot are supposedly standard over here, I'm not counting my chickens yet :rolleyes: .

Two of the lads were at the motorshow and asked the girls if the Mulit Function Steering wheel was available on the vRS, she got the brochure and said NO. They also asked about electric windows in the back and they are supposed to be on it (bad move if they don't :( )

This is exactly my point - fair enough if the dealers havn't had the info - but Skoda themselves should be able to tell you - hell it should even be all on the website by now.

I have to say Skoda's brochures/pricelists and the website are EXTREMELY poor compared to some competitors - brochure layout is poor and they never use correct photography - always relying on the small print saying "Not UK Spec" which is complete coblers these days - Most companies have on-line car configs that you build your spec up with - sometimes months ahead of the car being available, the way it's looking I'm going to have to sit with Ross @ Mitchells and see if he'll let me watch while he orders the car -- we use a system called dialog - its the link to the importers and the factories to order cars - its also what they use to tell them what cars are available and are being built.

Because I'm in the trade and have knowledge of this system I'm hoping he'll cut mne some slack - I don't fancy ordering a 20K plus car "Blind"

Edited to say: I must just add - I have no problems with Mitchells or Ross the salesman,so far on my one visit and subsequent communications they have been quick and accurate with there replies - but it would seem that Skoda are letting there dealers down badly - if they are going to start selling cars at this level there(Skoda's) customer care(and support they give dealers) are going to have to improve massively

Electric rear windows an option on a 17.5k car??!! That's a joke' date=' right? :confused:

Chris[/quote']

No Chris I'm afraid it's not a joke - comes as part of £450 option of dual zone climate, Jumbo armrest cooler thingy and elec rear windows :thumbdwn:

No Chris I'm afraid it's not a joke - comes as part of £450 option of dual zone climate, Jumbo armrest cooler thingy and elec rear windows :thumbdwn:

I think Skoda have decided that the aim with the new vRS is to "Give a little bit less"

I must say I find it annoying that a car is available to order' date='but neither the dealers or Skoda have exact details of spec availability.

[/quote']

Totally agree - Skoda CZ and Skoda Germany, Skoda France are always on the ball - its Skoda UK that for some reason cant get the act together been like it for years.

In the past I have driven to CZ and organised a dealer to fit all the impossible / unavailable options without a problem. And I have tried to get options that are not RHD specific prior to purchase/order. They live in the dark ages.

To be honest its as if theres a big secret to be hidden, they won't/can't sell the cars unless they start cutting us some slack and tell us whats available on the cars. To be honest I want to spec this one up a bit and I feel its like a big joke at the moment as the sales men know nowt. Its bad form when you've to tell a sales man what colour the cars are coming in, and to be fair to him it ain't his fault, the distributors should be passing on the info so he don't look stupid :rolleyes:

The trouble is that dealers don't have to chase the business like they used to. They know you will be back and reckon it's better giving sketchy info than none at all or having to actually make some enquires. I also regularly find that the salesmen know feck all about the cars they actually have for sale in the showroom too. It's pathetic.

There's a touch of deja-vu here. The first Octavia vRSs (around April/May 2001) were based on the Ambiente trim level, and were pretty spartan compared with what was offered a few years (or even just months) later. I wonder if we will see the same with the new vRS?

To be honest its as if theres a big secret to be hidden, they won't/can't sell the cars unless they start cutting us some slack and tell us whats available on the cars. To be honest I want to spec this one up a bit and I feel its like a big joke at the moment as the sales men know nowt. Its bad form when you've to tell a sales man what colour the cars are coming in, and to be fair to him it ain't his fault, the distributors should be passing on the info so he don't look stupid :rolleyes:

This is exactly my problem, I've had to work bloody hard the last couple of years to get the money together to buy a new car, and I'll be honest I have not just gone for the vRS - I've had a good lock around whats available elsewhere - including Ford,VW, Honda & Audi but the main reason I've gone for the vRS is that I can have the same technology / performance of the VW's & Audi's and have a mega spec as well - much more than with the others

But the way it's going I'll end up with a fairly basic spec, will have to wait and see if Skoda Customer Service come up with the goods tomorrow.

If they don't sort it I may well opt for the golf or A3 and accept a slightly lesser spec - but I don't want to,this next purchase is going to have to last at least five years - this is why I wanted the super spec potentialy offered by the Skoda - plus the excellent service from the dealers.

It must be really annoying for the dealers to be left in the dark like this.

This is exactly my problem' date=' I've had to work bloody hard the last couple of years to get the money together to buy a new car, and I'll be honest I have not just gone for the vRS - I've had a good lock around whats available elsewhere - including Ford,VW, Honda & Audi but the main reason I've gone for the vRS is that I can have the same technology / performance of the VW's & Audi's [i']and have a mega spec as well - much more than with the others[/i]

But the way it's going I'll end up with a fairly basic spec, will have to wait and see if Skoda Customer Service come up with the goods tomorrow.

If they don't sort it I may well opt for the golf or A3 and accept a slightly lesser spec - but I don't want to,this next purchase is going to have to last at least five years - this is why I wanted the super spec potentialy offered by the Skoda - plus the excellent service from the dealers.

It must be really annoying for the dealers to be left in the dark like this.

I haven't bothered looking around cos I know its the Skud I'd be happy with, but to be honest if Skoda don't get the finger out I'll just hold onto the Mk1 vRS. A family friend assured me last night he'd buy mine so all systems go (but as I said lets see what good Skoda come up with).

From what I can see there trying to see what the market is like before they show all there cards in terms of deals/option, but that'll back fire with no/very little sales.

I think Skoda have done so well to get the tdi pd170 engine sooo early in the vrs.

I am just wondering whether it will have a big fmic and what it's possible to remap it to - 250 bhp 350 lb/ft?

John

It's yet to be seen if they have - no confirmation of such a model exists(yet) certainly not for UK anyway

I ordered mine last week, met blue, 18" wheels, comfort pack and elec sunroof. tbh i was a bit miffed about the rear elec windows being extra but at the base price its still alot of car for the money and the price of the comfort pack is not bad considering what the duel climate thingy does. the other options i didn't think were up to much, would have liked the zenons but at that price, nah, maxi dot (even the dealer said whats the point) parking sensors drive me nuts in my current car and i dont think cruise control will help my times at santa pod!!

I ordered mine last week, met blue, 18" wheels, comfort pack and elec sunroof. tbh i was a bit miffed about the rear elec windows being extra but at the base price its still alot of car for the money and the price of the comfort pack is not bad considering what the duel climate thingy does. the other options i didn't think were up to much, would have liked the zenons but at that price, nah, maxi dot (even the dealer said whats the point) parking sensors drive me nuts in my current car and i dont think cruise control will help my times at santa pod!!

The parking sensors are great as you also get a view of the car on the radio screen with bars indicating obstacles. Maxidot is a must. It really looks the part and allows you to change some car settings the standard computer won't. It's a bargain. Dual climate control works well. Otherwise i agree