Sports Grills

How do you pop the bonnet on the car with these after market grills as there's no slot for the bonnet release handle to pop through

Would imagine you take a stanley knife to the correct area. The aftermarket ones generally just have a slot cut in them, but some better ones do have a frame around that slot to make it stronger/more attractive as if it was thought of in the first place!

Good point though, it's a bit cheap to not make it with a hole there.

You could have a solenoid and hydraulic lifter fitted & wired to  a push button in the cab if you were that way inclined ;-). I quite like the OEM pre FL grill as it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

486c153706cfecf107eb7b2a341cdabb.jpg

Well mines just arrived from superskoda looks the business. Does anyone know if any prep is required before its put on the car. Im keeping it black but does it need paint or is the plastic a robust enough finish. Its gloss looks good enough as it is. Small amount of flash lines atound the edges i assume this is just trimmed back with a sharp stanley knif?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Mines on now see attached.

If anyone is thinking of doing this grille swap then remember to paint the inner metal thats normally behind the badge before you clip in the new grill. I forgot and now i cam see the red showing through and it bothers me ;-). Other thank that i think it looks great. Once i have my spoiler resprayed black to match will look even better. Bit like a monti carlo colour scheme.

E84ce633455e375544eaf648c5d6abdc7.jpgd23be3a590463018dd3d794047b8560f.jpg19edca272ec56d3dda03d74a6ad81bf3.jpg

Edited by Scribbler

Or you could just get 3 quids worth of vinyl wrap

Yeah, i could have saved the 3 quid and got it painted at work for free but i wanted the clean lines without the badge. Looks better IMO.

New badge looks better than the old badge must admit but still prefer without.

Well mines just arrived from superskoda looks the business. Does anyone know if any prep is required before its put on the car. Im keeping it black but does it need paint or is the plastic a robust enough finish. Its gloss looks good enough as it is. Small amount of flash lines atound the edges i assume this is just trimmed back with a sharp stanley knif?

Mine came with a note saying that at least a clear coat is needed to keep their warranty.. Also from superskoda, but for the fl model.

Mine came with a note saying that at least a clear coat is needed to keep their warranty.. Also from superskoda, but for the fl model.

Do you remember which Company Made it? I would imagine the clear coat is to prevent UV degradation of the ABS Plastic.

Do you remember which Company Made it? I would imagine the clear coat is to prevent UV degradation of the ABS Plastic.

I think its Superskoda who has made it. So the claim on their website at least. But yes, its ABS plastic, so prone to "fade" in sunlight.

I think its Superskoda who has made it. So the claim on their website at least. But yes, its ABS plastic, so prone to "fade" in sunlight.

Mine is KI-R KOP ACEK Import im not sure superskoda make any I think they just resell don't they?

Mine is KI-R KOP ACEK Import im not sure superskoda make any I think they just resell don't they?

"Kopacek Import sro" is the company name for superskoda, hence KI-R as in Kopacek Import oRiginal.. If you buy something from them all the invoices carry those details.

Just double-checked. Newer invoices carry the company name "Kopacek Tuning s.r.o."

Edited by reverse
  • Like 1

Where did you get it from as mines i black aswell?

an place they does vinyl wrap, I think it was just a gloss black, if I can find the exact code I'll post it here Edited by lanciadub