Adding second Reversing Light?

My drive is rather dark and the wife's pot plants are a definite parking hazard, is it possible to make the other reversing light function? I do not have access to VCDS so it would need to be a DIY manual jobby. Used to be so easy, splice in a spur lead and attach the bulb and holder, simples.

Not sure how easy it would be but I couldn't imagine a second bulb would throw enough light out to do the job. Could you get a security light with a PIR over the drive? Or move the pot plants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rear light so poor didn't even check :doh:. We do have a PIR light but misses the pot plant area. Those LED lights look interesting (Thanks aki78), have to check on them as well. Hope Powerbulbs do them but haven't checked yet-next job.

Edited by ajw1100

Oh Well, PowerBulbs do supply Osram LED P21w ba15s LED's but both are noted as not legal for road/exterior use and needing CANBus warning canceller for LED's. Oh Well....

@aki78 are they non Canbus bulbs & did they need coding via VCDS

The LED reverse lights look spot on ;)

• Like 1

@aki78 are they non Canbus bulbs & did they need coding via VCDS

The LED reverse lights look spot on ;)

They worked without coding (and without bulb out errors), so "canbus compatible" in Octy3 as reversing lights. :)

A few weeks later I changed the coding to LED but only because my retrofitted camera is powered from the left revesing light and it needed pure DC.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 15.01.2016 г. at 23:04, aki78 said:

They worked without coding (and without bulb out errors), so "canbus compatible" in Octy3 as reversing lights. :)

A few weeks later I changed the coding to LED but only because my retrofitted camera is powered from the left revesing light and it needed pure DC.

Hi, i have the same problem with my camera. Can you post which channel in adaptation must be changed to led?

Thanks in advance 

• 5 months later...
On 22.5.2017 at 22:48, aki78 said:

Left: Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lasttyp 28

Right: Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lasttyp 29

Change them to '43 - allgemeine LED'

Where is it possible to change these values in VCDS?

4 minutes ago, 95mathias said:

Where is it possible to change these values in VCDS?

Which bit isn't clear? All the information for the adaptation changes is listed in the post you quoted? :blink:

• 2 years later...

I think you program with VCDS like this. But im not 100% sure :) Can someone comfirm this?

09-Cent. Elect. / Security Access – 16 (code: 31347) / Adaptation – 10

You search for:

Leuchte28RFL LC11   and change to   43-allgemeine LED

Leuchte29RFL RA64   and change to   43-allgemeine LED

I think you have to change dimmwert from 100 to 127 for both reverse lights to, but i dont know on what setting.