Missing 1 touch window close

Don't know where the post went. Been running arround with what I thought was a partially open door turned out the drivers window was fractionally open. I miss my one touch window closure I had on my old Skoda Joe

Shouldn't it have 1 touch?

it may just need resetting by winding all the windows down and then on the way back up hold the buttons up for a few seconds

Sadly the one touch is only available if you have all 4 electric windows fitted which my Fabia SEL has not its only got the front 2 .It was only after buying the car I found it was an extra. It came as standard on my Skoda 1.9 (2005) diesel estate that's why I am missing it, but thank you for a possible fix. Joe

Even though I have 4 electric windows, it is only the driver's window that has one-touch. 

Apparently the switches that support onetouch are too expensive :)

Even though I have 4 electric windows, it is only the driver's window that has one-touch. 

Apparently the switches that support onetouch are too expensive :)

My old Skoda Elegance was only one touch on the drivers side but considering the SEL is the top of the Fabia range it's a minuscule saving also the switch to open all the doors was next to the window switches in the door handle instead of been on the facia of the new car. The bean counters must have decided 2 meters of wiring and a dual purpose switch was to expensive. Would not be surprised if it's included in next years model as one of its selling points. I am half expecting a phone call from the dealers when the car is a year old asking me to trade it in with a never to be repeated offer. Am I getting to cynical in my old age. Joe

There is no extra wiring for one touch.

What Elegance did you have? Everything previous with the exception of Citigo has one touch on all electric windows.

Tech1e I had a Skoda Fabia 1.9 pdi diesel elegance estate September 2005 which I passed on to my daughter when I bought the new Fabia TSI SEL 90. I think I made a mistake when I said missing 1 touch window close I should have said I was sad Skoda had dropped the one touch on the drivers side unless you paid extra for electric rear windows as the old Elegance and now the SEL was the top of the model range Joe

Tech1e I had a Skoda Fabia 1.9 pdi diesel elegance estate September 2005 which I passed on to my daughter when I bought the new Fabia TSI SEL 90. I think I made a mistake when I said missing 1 touch window close I should have said I was sad Skoda had dropped the one touch on the drivers side unless you paid extra for electric rear windows as the old Elegance and now the SEL was the top of the model range Joe

It should have it anyway though. It's a very basic but very useful function imo. 

Considering the amount of money some people have paid for their Fabia 3's (massively over the odds imo), you wouldn't think basic things like that would be dropped from the line. 

Must be cost cutting in some way. 

My Rapid is one touch down on drivers window only. Hasn't even got one touch up on the drivers window. Properly stingy on Skodas part.

have you tried programming it? 

Hold the switch down for 5 seconds after the windows reached the bottom, then up for 5 seconds after its reached the top. 

My MK2 Fab has one touch on passenger side. Don't see why Rapid shouldn't.. it is pretty much a Fab anyway?

Fabia III only comes with one touch on vehicles fitted with front & rear electric windows. Even then it's only the drivers window.

Bit of a joke really, & just to add insult to injury the electric windows are slow!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just got a 2017 fabia SEL with all 4 electric windows and the only one with one touch it the drivers window - the other 3 you have to hold the switch up until they close - my old 2010 fabia 3 only had electric front windows and they both closed or opened with one touch - any suggestions

Our SEL doesn't have one touch. On all the other VAG cars I've had there's a detent in the switch so you can press it to inch or auto. The Furby doesn't have this. I didn't twig this straight away and tried a number of times to re-set the top and bottom, but it just isn't there. It won't be the switch that makes the difference, but the motor and electronics. In order for one shot to work the motor needs to have something that can sense position and speed (a hall sensor) and the electronics need to have the ability to process it.

Still irritating as hell since our basic Furby2 had it.

Edited by lowedb

My 2015 SEL haven't got any 1touch window. Can't say I'm missing it. The  cheap Seat have it on all 4 windows and they constantly opens or close all the way if  not being ridiculous careful when hitting the button.

Probably just a choice of programming.

Whats really missing is the opening/closing of all windows by the key fob, a feature found on a Passat owned back in the nineties.

50 minutes ago, pfaff said:

Whats really missing is the opening/closing of all windows by the key fob, a feature found on a Passat owned back in the nineties.

I hated that feature personally. Too many owners have come out to their cars in a morning to find their windows down... not good if it's been raining.

Happened to me once on one of my previous Octavias, luckily it was in the daytime.

Also there was the whole Watchdog business, where a screwdriver rammed into a door lock rolled the windows down.

Not good from a security point of view.

Bad feature in my eyes, and the negatives outweighed the positives...but just my opinion of course

I agree that it is annoying that the windows that are left down cannot be raised by the holding down of the key fob lock button - the problem with the SEL key less ignition that I have is that the door lock keyhole is covered up by the plastic cap - my friends 2016  Octavia can have the widows closed by the door lock button on the key fob, several times on my old 2010 Fabia 3 I closed windows left down by passengers, using the key in the door lock - saving the need to unlock the door and put the key back in the ignition. Another friends 59 plate Octavia closes the windows automatically if it rains and they have been left open.

Another sore point is why do the mirrors not close electronically - rather than having to push them in - to get my car into my garage the mirrors have to be folded in by hand - on the Octavia they are electronic. ????????????????????????????