Rear brake upgrade

Cooke

My rear brakes are sticking on i have rebulit them both (new seals ect) and still doing it so what can i swap them out for ? I have seen people put octavia callipers on ? After a direct swap out really like the tt brakes i have on the front also not looking at spending loads cheers

They all went together well after rebuild?

Are you sure it's not the pads sticking in the caliper carrier?

Another thing to check is the handbrake cable tension,if the cable is slightly over adjusted it will stop the handbrake arms returning fully to stop on the calipers,this will then not let the caliper set it's internal workings correctly.

The other thing to try is the handbrake helper springs,make sure the cable is not over adjusted,and the handbrake arms are returning fully off then fit a pair of the helper springs :)

Edited by coskev

They all went together well after rebuild?

Are you sure it's not the pads sticking in the caliper carrier?

Another thing to check is the handbrake cable tension,if the cable is slightly over adjusted it will stop the handbrake arms returning fully to stop on the calipers,this will then not let the caliper set it's internal workings correctly.

The other thing to try is the handbrake helper springs,make sure the cable is not over adjusted,and the handbrake arms are returning fully off then fit a pair of the helper springs :)

Yeah they all went back fine and they work for abit but then start to stick and the cable gets really slack. Tbf its on the list to change anyway just wasnt going to be yet but o well i will be on the look out for a set up if anyone knows of any :)

A few people dont think its needed, but i quite liked them on my vrs, was good to have the 312mm on the front and the 256mm on the rear, being bigger they look that bit better through the wheel as well.

id still fit the help return springs even on the 256mm upgrade, just gives the handbrake leaver a nice feel, better feedback through it.

Cheers, i have a feeling i already have them fitted, where do they go on the caliper?

It's over a year ago since i fitted my 256 rears so i can't remember if they're fitted - i think they were- but my handbrake has recently started sticking so i'm thinking them might not be.