100,000 miles of poor reliability in a Skoda Yeti 1.2TSi

Abominable

• 1 month later...

What a shame that Skoda isn't confident enough in its cars to offer a 5 year warranty! It would have saved me over £700 of out of warranty repairs in years 4 & 5!

What a shame that Skoda isn't confident enough in its cars to offer a 5 year warranty! It would have saved me over £700 of out of warranty repairs in years 4 & 5!

Obviously it would have to be a VW warranty and Skoda can't do much about it.

Obviously it would have to be a VW warranty and Skoda can't do much about it.

Don't see why it has to be a VW warranty...one which 'Skoda can't do much about'.

But I understand very few of your (numerous...nay superabundent) replies to almost every topic on the forum. 

• Like 3

Don't see why it has to be a VW warranty...one which 'Skoda can't do much about'.

But I understand very few of your (numerous...nay superabundent) replies to almost every topic on the forum.

What's with your problem?..

Are you running this 'discussion' forum?.

Will you please notify me when I am entitled to make a fairly obvious point?. (if you can't work out why, then I'm afraid I can't help you)

Edited by Ryeman
  • Like 2

The fact is - every car from every manufacturer can break, every factory turns out the odd 'lemon' and Skoda and Yetis are no different. But all the odds say that you are less likely to have issues with a Yeti in its first three years than almost any other car. After 3 years, the 'odds' reduce and Yetis slip from the top of the league down a few places, but remain above average.

Extended warranties (often after 2 years which is still the norm for some manufacturers) are usually funded by the importer rather than the manufacturer (although this may well be a manufacturer owned company). They add the extra years which often aren't inclusive of things like trim. These shouldn't be confused with insured warranties though.

I'm not sure if the extension of the Skoda warranty to 5 years is an insured warranty or a 'true' warranty extension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Falmouthboy

B9007 Ferness road by any chance?

Last time i drove like that along a similar road I found myself inundated with fast motorcycles

coming the other way!

• 2 weeks later...

What a disaster! you deserve a free service for sticking with the car !!!!! I just could'nt live with a vehicle like that, I have never seen a report in print EVER of such a ''rogue'' vehicle.

Well here goes !!! waiting for a full broadside with this !! how about a --------------------------------------------------- DACIA DUSTER 4x4 ?????????????

Hi EvoT,  You buy it, I'll drive it.

Could just be a fun vehicle, or the ideal 1st car for any of my children to learn in.

I'm proud of my Yeti and to drive it but,

I ain't too proud to drive a free car.

What a disaster! you deserve a free service for sticking with the car !!!!! I just could'nt live with a vehicle like that, I have never seen a report in print EVER of such a ''rogue'' vehicle.

Well here goes !!! waiting for a full broadside with this !! how about a --------------------------------------------------- DACIA DUSTER 4x4 ?????????????

A friend of mine has a top of the range 4x4 Dusty Bin. He loves it and to be fair, as an ex demo car it was a bargain for what it is. However, you don't have to scratch to deep to see that they are built down to a cost and I suspect the interior trim won't age that well. You notice how flimsy it is as soon as you touch the door handle. However, the running gear is solid and relatively up to date. I personally wouldn't buy one, but can fully understand why people do.

A friend of mine has a top of the range 4x4 Dusty Bin. He loves it and to be fair, as an ex demo car it was a bargain for what it is. However, you don't have to scratch to deep to see that they are built down to a cost and I suspect the interior trim won't age that well. You notice how flimsy it is as soon as you touch the door handle. However, the running gear is solid and relatively up to date. I personally wouldn't buy one, but can fully understand why people do.

There are lots of Dacias appearing in the Highlands as affordable rough-road vehicles. Mostly 2WDs. 

If I can't get my latest paint / corrosion issues sorted I won't ever buy a Skoda again, that'll be the last straw. I will be replacing it before it rusts to a heap, so I will be sort-listing the Dacia against the other obvious rivals.

There are lots of Dacias appearing in the Highlands as affordable rough-road vehicles. Mostly 2WDs. 

If I can't get my latest paint / corrosion issues sorted I won't ever buy a Skoda again, that'll be the last straw. I will be replacing it before it rusts to a heap, so I will be sort-listing the Dacia against the other obvious rivals.

Light doors are coming to Yeti soon I expect and if you've tried the Qashqai they're flimsy also.......you just have to get past that aspect and judge it on its true strength areas........Renault.

And as I poisited on another forum, Renault should now be a safe(er) bet after all their extended years of urban fokelore/bad press (esp in respect of electrical gremlins),

cos, hey!

I knew someone with a Laguna, way back then and also a  very  proud & even more very rapidly & totally disillousioned Espace owner (both cars bought new privately)

I remembered the Espace in particular as I lusted for one, but felt unable to spend the substantial purchase price involved.

What goes around comes around, or every dog has its day.

marcus