Help with Valuation on my Octavia

I am thinking of selling my 2014/14 Octavia VRS TDI CR hatchback manual, i do not have a clue as to what price to advertise it for, there is not a lot of private sales on Autotrader etc, so that's no help, is there a website i can look at to get a fair valuation ?.

I've always been guided by WhatCar valuations. I believe RAC also do valuations too.

There is We Buy Any Car but they usually low ball by at least £600

I think you can subscribe to the Parkersburg guide, and if I recall that is what the dealers use for their figures.

Have you contacted a Skoda dealer to see if they would be interested in buying it off you? Sometimes they are on the lookout for certain models for existing/new customers who have made enquiries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bear in mind though it's only worth what someone will pay for it and you may fall victim to #emissionsgate

I shouldn't get knocked down on price because of the emissions scandal as my car is ok and has not been recalled.

I shouldn't get knocked down on price because of the emissions scandal as my car is ok and has not been recalled.

Unfortunately the value of all VAG TDI cars has dropped noticeably, whether they have an EA189 engine or not.

• Like 1

Just had mine valued for a laugh from the link above... Bought for circa £22k 11 months ago today. A1 condition - £14-14,900!!!!!!!! Ouch! I am on a PCP so doesn't bother me but jeez!

Unfortunately the value of all VAG TDI cars has dropped noticeably, whether they have an EA189 engine or not.

It did not stop me buying one.

I have just bought a fully loaded 3 year old Passat Estate with more goodies on it than the current TOTR Octy. It has the affected engine and will be rectified once the software has been released...I assume up to Euro 6 emissions spec. I thought nothing about the emissions thingy, just that the car was in as new condition, with a full VW service history, low mileage, loaded with extras (Wetfalia tow bar especially wanted) and at less than 1/2 the cost of ordering a new Octy. The BIG PLUS being I did not have to have dealings with a Skoda dealership or wait 3 months for it.

I've used Parkers for years, they do a free basic valuation and different grades of paid ones, where you can tweak the mileage, etc. - you can get several days use for a few quid so you can also check any motor you're looking at too. I've found them spot on when I've been to dealers and also checking on the net.

I've been offered between 14000 and 14800 by various dealers and that's on a 2014 Vrs tdi with quite a few options fitted, although that doesn't mean jack ****e to dealers, private sale I'd say your cars worth around the 15500 to 16000 depending on mileage of course.

Bear in mind though it's only worth what someone will pay for it and you may fall victim to #emissionsgate

As far as I know no Octavia MKIII TDi has been affected by the emmisions scandal 

Loads of dealers have valuations on their websites which will give you a trade in value. It asks for all sort of personal details but just make them up. You still get a valuation at the end. Lookers Skoda has one.

That will give you a trade in value. Private sale should be 1-2k more than that in my experience, and another 2-3k more if you were buying from a dealer.

I had the same problem as there are very few of that age going private. Skoda were offering me £13200 for mine when I was looking at a Superb last September. With the low residuals and huge decline of the Mkiii value I've ended up jumping ship to a Bmw which is coming in May. When I calculated what I owed and what Skoda were likely to give me it didn't look like I would ever get out of neg equity plus there was the risk the boot struts would fail again out of warranty :( The bonus is that bm are giving me slightly more px in May than what Skoda offered me last year :-/

It's a shame to jump ship to another brand but I'm looking forward to the new one now. The mkiii's just don't hold their value anywhere near the 3 mkii's I had

we buy any car valuation - £13,000

Before the VW diesel engine scandal broke, we buy any car had valued my car last August at £15250, a month or so later when it all kicked off, they valued my car at £13000

cap guide (private sale) - £13650 - £14250

ford cap guide (trading in) - £12950 - £13750

2 seperate Ford dealers - £12500

I have agreed to trade it in for £14000, against a new Ford Fiesta ST3, Spirit Blue, Style pack, Reverse Sensors, spare wheel.

On that price it will settle the remaining finance and there will be a little bit leftover towards deposit on new car.

Still a kick in the balls though.

Edited by Mark5290
  • Like 2

I'd say your cars worth around the 15500 to 16000 depending on mileage of course.

I admire you optimism, but i have seen a car same age as mine and similar spec at a local independent garage for £15500.