'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Ootohere

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• the UK should REMAIN in the EU
    • the UK should LEAVE the EU

Not doing very well here, are you?

WRONG

I'm doing exceedingly well thanks. I see you have brushed off your Red Highlighter again just for me, I am honoured.

you might want to save it for someone who gives a **** what you think though, and turning an opinion into an absolute

by saying its right or wrong is the epitome of something that's WRONG.

You only need a sympathetic liberal government in Westminster and a coalition of the Clique in Brussels and its not

outside the realms of possibility for anything to be passed that is against the will of the British People. You should know

all about Minorities having things imposed on you being welsh. You can't on the one hand moan about English Lawmakers

affecting your countries people whilst saying im wrong to believe we could be handing more power to Brussels. Its the same

argument just with different Self serving politicians.

Edited by Scribbler

Come on Graham.You can't just say everything is " Wrong".

Where are your "Explanations."

That's just his thing leave him be its quite amusing actually, reminds me of the old guy in the arm chair in farther ted who just makes outburst with no explanation and then isn't heard from again.

Oh dear!! Personal insults now!

There are no proposals to take over our financial affairs, nor the French or German ones, except in the minds of the "Out" camp.

They have not imposed any Laws on us, but Westminster have decided to implement things that other EU countries have ignored. 

There are no proposals to amalgamate any of our Armed Forces.

The EU Super State is a figment of the imagination of the "Out" camp, all they have proposed is more integration.

The are no Governmental Offices of the EU in London, and they have already stated that there is no proposal to move their centre to Germany.

This goes back to my point that the out campaign seem to think that all other countries want to surrender their national autonomy to Brussels and it's only the plucky English standing up for their own.

It would take a UK government that wanted to give these things up AND it would need a similarly minded government in the 27 other countries to achieve those wild claims scribbler set out.

They're marked as wrong because no one in Europe wants to give these things up. There are plenty though who realise that pooled sovereignty in certain areas makes a lot of sense. We're all Europeans and sharing decision making in certain areas is just common sense. Trimming bureaucracy and waste makes sense too, but that's not a problem confined to the EU.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Our Steel industry is a perfect example of where the EU is preventing the state helping out and also stopping us introducing tariffs on cheap steel from china so that ours is more competitive.

BBC 6 o'clock News:

It now turns out that the EU proposed to introduce a tariff on cheap Chines steel imported into the EU, but Cameron opposed it, and therefore stopped it happening!!

• Like 2

BBC 6 o'clock News:

It now turns out that the EU proposed to introduce a tariff on cheap Chines steel imported into the EU, but Cameron opposed it, and therefore stopped it happening!!

The Chinese are our best pals now, keep up. The Welsh have never done anything for the tories.

• Like 1

Oh dear!! Personal insults now!

There are no proposals to take over our financial affairs, nor the French or German ones, except in the minds of the "Out" camp.

They have not imposed any Laws on us, but Westminster have decided to implement things that other EU countries have ignored.

There are no proposals to amalgamate any of our Armed Forces.

The EU Super State is a figment of the imagination of the "Out" camp, all they have proposed is more integration.

The are no Governmental Offices of the EU in London, and they have already stated that there is no proposal to move their centre to Germany.

Sorry that wasnt meant to be a personal insult. If its the 'old' you took offense too that was just a description of the guy in farther Ted just because i couldnt remember his name allthough sadly died recently. The only similarity i was trying to draw is the random blurting out of WRONG. Could just aswell have beem feck or girls etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So do we have any steel plants in places where there could be a vote for Tory England. there's Wales, and the Scots plants, and then there's the plants in Northampton area. But hey- those in Northampton area -WHERE DO THE FOLKS COME FROM- yep, mr Cameroon- those who moved south from the Scots lowlands for a better life. Bit like the Highland clearances, with a Tory Government selling out. And Cameron wonders WHY Labour and Tory  can't get support in Scotland.Simply said- they cannot be trusted.

BBC 6 o'clock News:

But the EU can prevent our government doing anything to step in and help bail out the Steel industry. It needs the approval of the EU they approved the bail out of the banks because it was considered that would adversely affect the other member states. They have learnt from the lessons of the banking crisis though and are restructuring the financial sectors so London won't be so important in the future and a run on our banks wont leave them so vulnerable. Like I said these will be minor changes over a long period of time.

But the EU can prevent our government doing anything to step in and help bail out the Steel industry. It needs the approval of the EU they approved the bail out of the banks because it was considered that would adversely affect the other member states. They have learnt from the lessons of the banking crisis though and are restructuring the financial sectors so London won't be so important in the future and a run on our banks wont leave them so vulnerable. Like I said these will be minor changes over a long period of time.

I suggest you look at this again. All the EU members had agreed to introduce tariffs on Chinese steel, EXCEPT Cameron. It was him that stopped it, because he used his veto. The EU wanted it.

• Like 2

The money to bail out RBS alone would keep port Talbot going for 123 years

And Workington, and all the other plants.

"There is none so blind as he that could not see"

Scottish government have managed to intervene and save the last 2 Scottish plants. Where there's a will there's a way

• Like 1

German government has managed to ensure their output has only fallen by 1 %, meanwhile without government help in UK output is down 11%

• Like 1

If the UK could get on with sorting out the Generating of Electricity for the British Isles and particularly for the users of lots of Electricity at competitive costs for Heavy users like the steel works it might help. Anyway, the in out referendum looks as unpredictable in its outcome ad when DC caled it. Call my David that is not the Ex F1 driver.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

I suggest you look at this again. All the EU members had agreed to introduce tariffs on Chinese steel, EXCEPT Cameron. It was him that stopped it, because he used his veto. The EU wanted it.

That pesky EU, trying to tell us in the UK we can't import shed loads of cheap steel.

That pesky EU, trying to tell us in the UK we can't import shed loads of cheap steel.

There were some business people on sky news at lunchtime moaning about just that saying it would be unfair if they couldn't buy cheap foreign imports

• Like 1

There were some business people on sky news at lunchtime moaning about just that saying it would be unfair if they couldn't buy cheap foreign imports

Sadly this is what you get when everyone wants cheap.  The UK is too expensive to produce a vast number of products, so companies are farming it to the eastern block, vietnam, asia and South Africa.  Has happened with our call centres, started to come back, but the national living wage has sent them abroad again.

Remember these are the same bosses who say we're better out of the EU.....

meanwhile on UKIP

genius by Periscope users to send up Scotland's UKIP MEP

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pranking UKIP's David Coburn during a Periscope broadcast by telling him his mic's not on. Highlight of the week.<a href="">https://t.co/jHoYFBEU9I</a></p>— Jonathan Hopkins (@jonnohopkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonnohopkins/status/714925981270614016">March 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just read on the BBC that Airbus have written a letter to all employees which is basically Pro EU stance. Is that even legal?, I think its fair 'if asked' that they answer truthfully that they are against brexit as a company but surely this crosses the line to actual canvasing for votes. This type of scare mongering makes me want to leave. What they are saying doesn't bother me, if it makes financial and economical sense for Airbus to be in the EU then fair enough but it seams like they are actively trying to coerce employees into voting a particular way, I wonder if the Unions are involved a whipped vote effectively.

Just read on the BBC that Airbus have written a letter to all employees which is basically Pro EU stance. Is that even legal?, I think its fair 'if asked' that they answer truthfully that they are against brexit as a company but surely this crosses the line to actual canvasing for votes. This type of scare mongering makes me want to leave. What they are saying doesn't bother me, if it makes financial and economical sense for Airbus to be in the EU then fair enough but it seams like they are actively trying to coerce employees into voting a particular way, I wonder if the Unions are involved a whipped vote effectively.

As I've posted earlier, a number of big businesses with UK offices or their HQ in the UK are actively evaluating upping sticks and running UK operations from within the EU (where most of their business is conducted). They don't need a physical presence in the UK. Several multinationals we work with are in this position - everything on hold until after referendum, contingencies currently being finalised.

It may seem like scaremongering to you, but multinational businesses cannot sit around during years of uncertainty and if pushed will jump. Similarly during the Scottish referendum several businesses made similar statements about shutting Scottish offices and moving everything South.

Airbus could for all you know have released this as a way to quash rumours (internal and external) regarding their position.

Even the leave campaigns accept at least 8% of those employed will lose their jobs in the event of a leave win.

• Like 1

As I've posted earlier, a number of big businesses with UK offices or their HQ in the UK are actively evaluating upping sticks and running UK operations from within the EU (where most of their business is conducted). They don't need a physical presence in the UK. Several multinationals we work with are in this position - everything on hold until after referendum, contingencies currently being finalised.

It may seem like scaremongering to you, but multinational businesses cannot sit around during years of uncertainty and if pushed will jump. Similarly during the Scottish referendum several businesses made similar statements about shutting Scottish offices and moving everything South.

Airbus could for all you know have released this as a way to quash rumours (internal and external) regarding their position.

Even the leave campaigns accept at least 8% of those employed will lose their jobs in the event of a leave win.

There are no doubt many financial and economic reasons to stay and I don't have an issue with those companies affected making clear publically their intensions. A letter to all the employees for me is a step too far. Its effectively a threat, they could have announced it in the media like so many others have done.

Personally for me it boils down to electoral accountability. I like to be able to remove the people responsible for doing something I don't agree with and have the potential to change things in a given direction usually this threat is enough to make politicians think more about the decisions they make (Arguable). We can elect MEP's but if something is changed at EU level removing our MEP's at the following elections will do nothing to reverse the decision, so we effectively have no say in the outcome because

it requires agreement of all Members. I can't ever see me agreeing with someone from Turkey who stand to be the next members.