Music

Hi

Think I may just do the same and move some music from my phone onto a sd card and try that

Yeah, i do that really just to save the battery life on my phone, plus i dont tend to store a lot of music on the phone.

Rick, is the Auto play part of your fancy MY16 infotainment?  We've all got the old RNS 315.

I think its the phone connecting to it to be honest as i had the same on a Kia hire car the other week.

My iPhone seems to work fine over Bluetooth, but you still have to select the playlist or album manually on the phone, which I find annoying.

I've plugged an 80GB iPod into the MDI with a Chinese cable, but that fell apart because the chubby in the centre console isn't big enough for an iPod with a connector out the bottom. It's kind of wedged in at an angle and does work reliably, but I need to replace the cable really.

The SD card is a nuisance though as it only plays about 1 in 6 tracks, presumably due to file format issues.

I tend to stick with the radio.

My iPhone seems to work fine over Bluetooth, but you still have to select the playlist or album manually on the phone, which I find annoying.

I've plugged an 80GB iPod into the MDI with a Chinese cable, but that fell apart because the chubby in the centre console isn't big enough for an iPod with a connector out the bottom. It's kind of wedged in at an angle and does work reliably, but I need to replace the cable really.

The SD card is a nuisance though as it only plays about 1 in 6 tracks, presumably due to file format issues.

I tend to stick with the radio.

On my MY16, I am running a 32gb Class 10 Sandisk SD card and it works flawless with around 10GB of music now..

I have just been playing around with bluetooth and that also works flawless using Spotify over mobile phone signal.

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-42-35_zpspbybai

20160210_214246_zpszn1nup0e.jpg

I am able to switch to next track, see track name etc..

Works really well

Edited by RickTT

I suspect Tom_vRS only has a Swing radio, which limits the Bluetooth capability of the module to just audio streaming, no steering or radio-based device control and no track info.

However, replace the Swing with an Amundsen or Columbus, and everything will spring into life, as either of these nav headings allow the car's bluetooth module to work fully, inc steering controls and track data.

• Like 1

I suspect Tom_vRS only has a Swing radio, which limits the Bluetooth capability of the module to just audio streaming, no steering or radio-based device control and no track info.

However, replace the Swing with an Amundsen or Columbus, and everything will spring into life, as either of these nav headings allow the car's bluetooth module to work fully, inc steering controls and track data.

I have a MY2015 Amundsen+ an iPhone 5S and a MacBook.

Overall I'm delighted with how it all works, except the SD card skipping LOTS of tracks (presumably file type issues?), and that I have to remember to select a playlist on the phone manually. Once that's done I can swap tracks etc no problem, but if I forget it tries to play the last media I played on the phone, which would normally be some streamed music or YouTube or something.

Edited to add, no artwork is a shame, but I'll not lose sleep over it.

Edited by Tom_vRS
  • Like 1

FIXED IT! :)

It's Apple's protection on some of my older downloads. I simply selected all tracks in the playlist, and clicked 'create Apple Lossless version' and now everything plays just fine.

Glad it was a simple fix in the end!

• Like 2

This prompted me to load an SD card up with music for my Rapid and it works well. I can stream music from my phone over bluetooth if i want but like the idea of having a sd card that i can browse from the dash. Album art works from the sd card but not from bluetooth or Spotify.

de71d3df7fc4174f2a919ae206cde629.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I seem to have a problem with the SD card option on mine as it only reads the first few artists/albums. Worked it out to be around 10gb worth and unable to see anything else.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I seem to have a problem with the SD card option on mine as it only reads the first few artists/albums. Worked it out to be around 10gb worth and unable to see anything else.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

One member had this kind of trouble (see here) but hasn't updated the thread with whether he fixed it.

You can try something from the thread above or copy the music files to the hard disk.