Return of the 'Wait for it, Wait for it' thread

Lady Elanore

Woke up thinking that I'd left one of the projects I'm involved in at work a bit behind. Decided that it might be gentle to not go back to sleep but just come in to work and do some of it before a meeting later. I hope that at other times I'll just go back to sleep instead. But there's something nice about driving on empty roads and being in a quiet building.

Back in the old routine.....

Just spent a week in hospital, firstly with a U.T.I. ( who needs drugs when hallucinations are free....) and then going neutrapenic, ( imagine solitary confinement, with just a sink to look at ! ) Was let home last night, just to wake up in agony at 3 this morning, at least I know what planet I am on today...........i am getting fed up of tea though.....

Sorry to hear of your treatment being so hard Graham. I will raise a bottle or two...or perhaps more, of Peroni to your health and perhaps have a snifter of some solvent masquerading as whisky

:beer:  :cocktail:

Do you get to sit around drinking al night on a regular basis Lady E ;)

Im stuck in work not doing anything due to a scheduling balls up.. having been at work all F'ing day already..

bored off my b00bies now in the car, in the middle of nowhere

• Like 1

And after all that, works got cancelled due to a machine failure. What a ****e night. Just home gettin into bed

Hey - what happened to the waiting for it?

And... Dayyum girl look after those kidneys. Or liver.

Mr Grumpy - sorry to hear about your health experiences.

Did wait for it (midnight i presume you mean? Forum server time is still on standard time- no adjustment for DST...

home after another crap night of little productivity due to machinery difficulties. Getting fed up of it now.

If anyone wants to borrow a liver or a kidney, mine are practically brand new, not having seen alcohol for two months, probably the longest period in 40 years.......You would have thought it would be those bits that were trying to kill me, not the bits you dont think about..... Unknown aggressive cancer eh ! I always thought I was special, even the boffins in london are confused.....

Black coffee is my friend,,,,,

• Like 1

I really dont umderstand why the human body after thousands of yrs evolvi g still has to make teething such a sore and protractedly long event for babies/toddlers.. im awake again because of it :s

Ello. The Antipodean members' lunchtime thread is back!

lol.. i spose it makes a change from reading our general evening natterings while having breakfast :D

Wide awake again, I must have been an Owl in a previous life, the last lot of chemo led to me getting a UTI, a blood clot just above my picc line, and a blood infection, resulting in me being neutrapenic. I wonder what delights this weeks lot is going to bring, i,==I've never had malaria or beri beri, I might go for them, with a tough of plague thrown in, by the time I am better, i should be immune to everything and live forever, knowing me I will be left with jeremy Kyle and that hideous Hopkins woman.......

Am nearly 6 hours into a 12 hour night shift. I'm starting to get tired of night shift work though, today really took the biscuit. Worked last night as well and slept from 7am-1pm, then got up to the blazing sun, needing more sleep (1pm not enough really) but too warm to sleep.

Could have spent the remainder of the day in the garden with some beer, but I am back in work again. I am wanting a new job shortly though and have been making applications so hopefully I'll be back to 9-5 shortly.

Mr Grumpy, do you have any radioactive superpowers yet? Also if your mad dog was to bite you, would it get 'Super-Mr-Grumpy' powers (I dread to think what they might be)

• Like 1