Return of the 'Wait for it, Wait for it' thread

Lady Elanore

Doing the starfish thing yet again because I find it oddly comfortable. :D

Just sitting here thinking about the randomest of **** as always. Such as how feasible it would be to build small unit for my stereo system since I chucked the old one. Also thinking about owls, the catalyst for said thoughts being a set of owl ornaments.

Anyway, I'll get back to it.

• Like 1

I don't quite know how I lost track of time, I swear it was half nine about five seconds ago. I've been listening to Deacon Blue's 'When the World Knows Your Name' and staring blankly into my laptop trying to remember what I was meant to be doing. Is this any different from usual? :D

god, when you read the unread posts on this at 830am, its a reeeeally long wait to get to respond!!

@Lady Elanore

is that new Statham movie any good, or is it just another Statham movie? i heard a couple of reviews during the week that were "i thought they were going in a particular direction with this, but then i realised it wasnt that clever". 

• Like 1

Been re-learning how to cut a big audio file into multiple tracks with Audacity since I managed to get my hands on some prime Runrig concerts and needed them trimmed a bit so I can play the tracks individually in the car. :)

So how are we all at this point in time?

24 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

god, when you read the unread posts on this at 830am, its a reeeeally long wait to get to respond!!

@Lady Elanore

is that new Statham movie any good, or is it just another Statham movie? i heard a couple of reviews during the week that were "i thought they were going in a particular direction with this, but then i realised it wasnt that clever". 

The movie is OK. I read that instead of it being a Guy Richie film starring Jason Statham, it was more the other way around and that's about right I reckon. It's also not as good as The Town or Heat (two great heist movies with big shoot-outs) but it's worth watching as it's free and there is a small twist in it. 

9 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Been re-learning how to cut a big audio file into multiple tracks with Audacity since I managed to get my hands on some prime Runrig concerts and needed them trimmed a bit so I can play the tracks individually in the car. :)

Audacity's an awesome programme considering it costs the grand total of sweet FA. Used it a lot myself in the past.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Many, many, many years ago I worked on one of the many, many, many Runrig final concerts (or it was for one of the band members, I can't remember) at Stirling castle. It was so final, they added an extra night to it :D

• Love it! 1

3 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Many, many, many years ago I worked on one of the many, many, many Runrig final concerts (or it was for one of the band members, I can't remember) at Stirling castle. It was so final, they added an extra night to it :D

The frontman, Donnie Munro was leaving to go into politics, didn't make it though. I've got that exact concert on VHS actually, since there was never a DVD release. I may rip it to DVD using my fancy-dancy "Hi-Fi stereo" Panasonic video recorder and some other gizmos someday. :D

I got to see the final concert in 2018 after getting tickets for it, so that's something! Amazing to hear that you worked on some of them though! :)

13 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Audacity's an awesome programme considering it costs the grand total of sweet FA. Used it a lot myself in the past.

I've used it for a wee while, especially going from cassette or records to MP3 (or FLAC if I'm feeling posh) for in the car. I had it on a dedicated computer at one point, which was also free to me! :D

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

The frontman, Donnie Munro was leaving to go into politics, didn't make it though. I've got that exact concert on VHS actually, since there was never a DVD release. I may rip it to DVD using my fancy-dancy "Hi-Fi stereo" Panasonic video recorder and some other gizmos someday. :D

I got to see the final concert in 2018 after getting tickets for it, so that's something! Amazing to hear that you worked on some of them though! :)

I was in the TV scanner. i remember I was expecting to go home the next morning and being told, Nope! You need to book another night in the hotel. I was not very happy as I'd got things to do and people to see... as they say. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Elanore said:

We don't get a credit for the show either, we just got a universal 'BBC Scotland' credit, which was annoying as our scanner and half the crew had come from Manchester. 

I'll watch for that when I'm watching it. Doesn't sound very nice of the Beeb though.

9 hours ago, mac11irl said:

is that new Statham movie any good, or is it just another Statham movie?

I'm going to say that Jason Statham often doesn't get all the credit he deserves. I've seen other films he stars in, and the most notable thing about them is how much better a performance his co-stars give in that film than they usually give.

On 12/12/2021 at 01:02, AnnoyingPentium said:

I'll watch for that when I'm watching it. Doesn't sound very nice of the Beeb though.

It's quite normal, really. Traditionally of the many operational staff, only cameras get a credit, mostly as it stems from the film industry and also Sound and Vision are considered engineering as well as operational, so production don't feel quite as close to us lot. Who would :D 

• Thanks 1

Got an exam tomorrow today:sweat:

Naturally, being a "serial overthinker" like many others in my family, I've kept myself awake for ages, as is normal for me when something like this goes on. The bonus is that it's a 24hr "take-away" paper but they recommend that it's completed in 90 minutes. I just get the absolute fear that I'm going to open this paper up tomorrow, look at the questions and be like "ah ****".

Anyway, if I've went off-line I've fallen asleep... or clickered over to something else. :D

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Forgot what day it was. Oops.
  • Like 1

Well I am having a nice citrus G&T whilst watching a Christmas movie...Die Hard! :D I was going to watch a soppy Rom Com, or Pride and Prejudice (with the lovely Matthew MacFadyen - oh what a voice :blush ), when I came across old Mr Scruffy-Vest and thought, oh hell why not. Who needs highbrow when you can have Alan Rickman doing his thing :) in an action movie 

• Like 2

Surprised I'm still up to be honest with yous, but here we are...

I don't have anything particularly meaningful (I'm lying on the couch drinking diluting juice :D) to contribute besides something that could border on a chuckle but is maybe more appropriate here since I lost track of time... a little. :)

img_1382.thumb.jpg.1b0bb1039208e6408973b0ab4a4f4945.jpg

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Groan 1