Tar and Glue Remover - options?

samuir1974

I tend to work in a small area and watch closely. Never spray on and leave to work whilst doing something else. Always have fresh shampoo water and a mitt to hand too.

As for smart repairs. If you were to be working on a vehicle for a customer, you should know what your working with as far as repairs are concerned anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tar and glue product stock replenished today... EZ car care GTR - bargain purchase at £2.20 for 500ml on eBay :)

Got a link Ste? Might pick some up to leave in the parent's garage :)

Seem to always be removing tar spots on their cars....

• Like 1

Got a link Ste? Might pick some up to leave in the parent's garage :)

Seem to always be removing tar spots on their cars....

I should have been clear on my first post - this was bidding on the EZ eBay clearance shop....

a reasonable selection of the EZ stuff listed every week starting at 99p:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ezcarcare-uk

...i keep an eye on it every week and see what bargains are left :thumbup:

On the subject line of tar removers....

My windows seem to have a nice thick layer of traffic film on them which wont come off with multiple washes. Would spraying tar remover on the windows remove the film? Or should I be looking at another type of product??

I tend to use an APC in quite strong dilution for something like that. 

You could use tar remover I guess, but APC is probably better value-for-money to get the job done.

For exterior windows - a decent glass cleaner should remove most contaminants.

Autoglym glass cleaner and glass polish are both pretty good.

For any other really stubborn marks - claying also works very well.

I've never tried Tar+glue; and really wouldnt recommend it especially with the rubber seals etc.

• Like 1

Gyeon Tar is citrus based and explicitly listed as 100% safe on rubber and seals. It didn't do mine any harm but I'd still not want to use it regularly.

Talking of glass though... Mine has been clayed, IPAd and scrubbed with fallout remover, tar remover, abrasive glass cleaner and a myriad different glass cloths and microfibre cloths. It's still streaky under light and has the marks from the rubber grips where it was installed at the factory. Every time the sun hits it, boom... Smear city. Any other ideas guys? Strong APC as suggested above maybe? Or am I going to have to get the glass polish and steel wool out?