News on the MY17 Citigo

Hyphons

Yeah, someone posted that a little further up, I still don't think we'll see a turbo for another couple of years in the Citigo at least

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I suspect it'll be from the Polo with the 1.0 TSI engine (same as what they use in the Up! TSI)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't realize that VW already have that engine in the up!

To be honest, they need to, in order to keep up with the rest! Peugeot/Citroen/Fiat/Ford/Renault all offer one with a small turbo engine and a decent pace.

That's where VAG has been lacking - though due to the green credentials they are still selling well. 

Emailed Mitchell's today with a general enquiry about a 3 door Citigo and was told Skoda are about to release another special edition Citigo same spec' as the Blackline but with more colours available.

Looks like they are talking about the Colour Edition,same as the Blackline but with red and green to go with the black and white options.

Looks like they are talking about the Colour Edition,same as the Blackline but with red and green to go with the black and white options.

Yep, I agree, rather disappointed in that as well to be honest, the "Sound Edition" has been looming for a while now, I thought it would be that as that does include a couple of extra's not included on other models

Having said that though Skoda UK did mention to myself on Facebook more editions are coming our way

Quote -

"ŠKODA UK Hi David, We're sorry to hear that. There are new editions on the horizon. Keep an eye out!"

Edited by Hyphons

It seems the facelift Citigo will come a bit later than the Up!

According to info on a Czech forum it won't start production until week 45 but it will look significantly different to the current car in order to bring it into line with other Skoda models.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Possibly a tad overdue for this particular thread, but I've just (1 Feb 2018) taken delivery of a Citigo 60PS SE-L.   Previously, ie. since 2015, I'd had the 75PS SE-L, but opted for the weaker laggy band on this occasion, as South of 4000+ revs, there really is no difference in the performance whatsoever, & 4 weeks on, I've no reason to regret my choice

There's been a lot of items removed from the 2018 model (the Sat Nav: Fuel Voucher: DVD Player & zero rate interest PCP, but there's been a few enhancements by way of inducement - noticeably 15" Alloys: rear parking sensors (with a VERY nifty indicator on the new radio panel) a new radio with about 6 speakers (light years ahead of the previous one) : a light in the Boot: 2 bits of string to control the rear parcel shelf (WOWEE!!!): LED DRL's & purely for the benefit of the technological geeks amongst us (NOT me, I hasten to add) some sort of new cradle for the ubiquitous Smart Phone, and everything that a moderately capable "geek" can run off it.

WHAT IS slightly more contentious perhaps, is the fact that it now appears that, unless one opts (AND PAYS) for the DOT Matrix system, the previous round 3-set (speedo: fuel gauge & Rev Counter) instruments have been replaced by just a large (simple, cheap-looking, tatty ugly & distinctly unimpressive)  Speedo with a basic strip fuel gauge set into the bottom - ie NO rev counter, even for the TOTR Models.     Granted, the addition of the Dot Matrix system (around £250 from memory) DOES give a very attractive new Binnacle.     I would have been as sick as next doors' cat if I'd have lost the rev counter, but when I ordered mine in mid January, it had already been built, & was sitting on some Dockyard car park in Emden - so I reckon that I was lucky.   My somewhat cynical opinion is that Mr Skoda was using up all the bins of 3-instrument Binnacles until he'd exhausted them, & would then move onto fitting this latest single instrument.    And it's not just the "Base" model that suffers this new Speedo, but EVERY model throughout the Range. 

But anyone who's taken possession of a new Citigo in the past few weeks can easily contradict my somewhat jaundiced beliefs.

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2018 at 18:09, Michaelski said:

WHAT IS slightly more contentious perhaps, is the fact that it now appears that, unless one opts (AND PAYS) for the DOT Matrix system, the previous round 3-set (speedo: fuel gauge & Rev Counter) instruments have been replaced by just a large (simple, cheap-looking, tatty ugly & distinctly unimpressive)  Speedo with a basic strip fuel gauge set into the bottom - ie NO rev counter, even for the TOTR models.

Expecting my SE L in 2 weeks (now at Emden but built wk7 2018). This confims what Skoda UK told me after i noticed a change on the configurator. My dealer says the car will have a 3 dial binnacle. The brochure and configurator at time of order (Dec28th) confirm this which is why i did not spec the trip computer which is of no use to me.  If what i ordered does not  arrive, i will be pointing this out forcefully especially if there are any quibbles about scratches to paintwork on my PCP trade in.