Vision S - The Skoda Kodiaq

^^ Your link confirms the name was not confirmed,

'please wait another couple of days.....'

We need the final approvals from authorities around the world....

and once we have those we can talk about it'

Haha. Shows you one should read the WHOLE article eh? Bless. I read most of it (I thought!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder why the condom on the front and back?

It's still in the testing mule stage Graham. So they will release the production version photos much later.

• 3 weeks later...

I was beginning to look seriously at a Yeti, now I think I'll wait.

I think it's a cracking looking motor and with the right engine / transmission configuration should be a belter.

Received an email from Skoda a couple of hours ago inviting me to register with them for further updates which I duly have.

Not a bad looker, but imagine this with all black paint, blacked out brightwork? A real "Q" car.

Shame about the grille, looks too much like an old Yank-Tank, but maybe that will change before production, we can but hope.

When they come on the market, how long before the constabulary have assessed it & added to their fleet? Plenty of room for all the stuff they cart around, I'm sure.

Add me to the "I think I've just found my next car" list!

We've been thinking about upgrading to an MPV when our PCP runs out on the Octavia next year. Those damn kids seats are just too big!

But whilst this might not have the room of a big MPV, it looks a lot better. Can't wait to see what the production version ends up like. Even better would be independently removable 3rd row seats (How's that for simply clever?).

• Like 1

We've been thinking about upgrading to an MPV when our PCP runs out on the Octavia next year. Those damn kids seats are just too big!

But whilst this might not have the room of a big MPV, it looks a lot better. Can't wait to see what the production version ends up like. Even better would be independently removable 3rd row seats (How's that for simply clever?).

A 7 seat MPV screams "Fertility Symbol" whereas a 7 seat SUV don't. There's good reason why MPV sales are hugely in decline and SUV sales are taking over.

For us, it'd acquire 'perfect next car' status only if it's got three ISOFIX points across the middle row (and the width to accept 3 at once). The wife's car is a Galaxy for this reason and while it is extremely practical it feels like you're driving a garden shed - which is as much to do with its shape as it is the general heft of the thing. This appeals greatly because it looks (if the prototype is anything to go by) wide enough to accommodate 3 child seats in a row, but is an SUV rather than an MPV. All other SUVs that can do this are very expensive (XC90, Q7 etc).

A 7 seat MPV screams "Fertility Symbol" whereas a 7 seat SUV don't. There's good reason why MPV sales are hugely in decline and SUV sales are taking over.

Yes. If I had a Porsche and an MPV, people would think I've got a small one but I know how to use it

I've been waiting for this for the past couple of years now! - wish they'd hurry up as I need to replace an S-Max and waswaiting for Skoda's 7-seater to appear!

As mentioned above, width is a key issue as normally need to get three in the back - and width seems to be Skoda's Achilles heel as their vehicles to date always seem to be narrower than equivalent cars from other manufacturers.  I thought the new Superb would buck the trend but even that's not as wide as I'd been expecting.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they will be keeping the funky instrument cluster, or something like it! I also note that the 3rd row will be an optional extra.