New Car Discount & UK Car Discount

So this has still been bothering me. I came across buyanewcar yesterday and when I ran their quotes, the 2.0 TDI L&K manual was coming in £1 per month cheaper on PCP than the same engined SE L Exec is through the dealer. So this morning I got in touch with the dealer and they are happy to cancel the order and refund the deposit. I thought it would be much more difficult to be honest but they've just said ok.

Sooooo... assuming I don't encounter any unexpected issues, it looks like I'll be getting an L&K after all :) :) :) I'm delighted with this because I thought it was well out of my price range.

Now I just need to work out if I like the look of black magic paint (my preferred colour) with the Pegasus anthracite wheels, or if I should go for the normal Pegasus wheels. Choices choices! :D

Go with your first choice, Black Magic is a bugger to keep clean however.

You think the anthracite wheels? I think it might be too black then, don't want to look like a boy racer!

I know it's a pain to keep clean, but I think the black looks really smart and I've always wanted a black car. I do like the magnetic brown too actually, which would probably be my second choice.

I've ordered Business Grey with black leather and anthracite alloys. Black Magic and anthracite would be my choice.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Has any fellow Briskoda member purchased from " Buy a new car online " brokers ? Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi tisca 

I have ordered my S3 L&K 190Tdi 4x4 hatch through NCD. Great service and great discount.

The car is delivered to a UK Skoda dealer and is then transported to your home FOC.

Edited by philpix

I'm about to order through buyanynewcar. I found when I increased the mileage with NCD it put the monthly cost up a lot, but with BANC it was a much smaller increase. Although only matters if you're looking for PCP of course. Overall price was pretty much the same from either for the engine and trim I was looking at.

• Administrators

When the offers change; so roughly quarters, be wary of headline rates. As you've found out things change quickly from ideal examples...

The latest thing in the US is ultra low mileage leases, say 5k a year. Perfect for posing or the thanks giving run. Basically something posh on the drive for show and kicks, at a really low cost.

We saw quotes v cash were higher when 0% was in play, now for finance, it's a bit less as it's 2.9% so you're paying and thus the discount can be more. So you've got fleet sales eating away at traditional broker sales which are eating walk in retail. 

Quite a few fleet brokers popping up, you're call to trust them. If you're paying on your credit card it should be fine :D

You're absolutely right of course about headline rates, but I've had the quote confirmed. It's a shame about the dealers, they have been great really but when the choice is between an SE L Exec and an L&K with ventilated seats for (almost exactly) the same price, as other people here have said, it's a no brainer. I can't justify spending the same money and getting much less bang for my buck. Even taking into account the higher APR I'll be paying with this finance deal, because of the high initial discount it's still a financially sensible option.

Credit card will be used indeed - section 75 protection is quite the reassurance!

Hi all,

Has any fellow Briskoda member purchased from " Buy a new car online " brokers ? Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yep, my S3 came via them. I'm very happy with the service I got.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Count me in. I called them every week as I couldn't believe the delivery date quoted but it arrived a week early and I can't fault them at all. The HUGE price saving was just the icing on the cake, honest!

Count me in. I called them every week as I couldn't believe the delivery date quoted but it arrived a week early and I can't fault them at all. The HUGE price saving was just the icing on the cake, honest!

Well that's got my hopes up a bit :)

I wonder if it's to do with the quantity of cars they manage to put through? When I was originally ordering through the dealer they were saying it goes into a queue to be produced in a batch. Maybe - purely speculating - because the online brokers presumably have such a high volume of sales compared to the dealers they're able to fill batches up quickly, so sort of jump the queue on dealer cars, who may take longer to fill up a batch? Could be completely wrong on this. Anyone know?

Well that's got my hopes up a bit :)

I wonder if it's to do with the quantity of cars they manage to put through? When I was originally ordering through the dealer they were saying it goes into a queue to be produced in a batch. Maybe - purely speculating - because the online brokers presumably have such a high volume of sales compared to the dealers they're able to fill batches up quickly, so sort of jump the queue on dealer cars, who may take longer to fill up a batch? Could be completely wrong on this. Anyone know?

The broker passes the order on to a Skoda UK dealer. The cars are put through as fleet sales. The broker is just that, they broker the deal for a commission.

The broker passes the order on to a Skoda UK dealer. The cars are put through as fleet sales. The broker is just that, they broker the deal for a commission.

Yeah I know, but I wonder if there's something. Maybe they don't put orders through as they come in, perhaps they wait until they have a bunch of orders then pass them all on together?

As I say, pure speculation but it does seem that (at least som) people who've ordered through brokers have got theirs quicker than people who went through the dealer. Or it might just be I've read a few of those recently (and I'm secretly hoping it because of my own order :) )

Yeah I know, but I wonder if there's something. Maybe they don't put orders through as they come in, perhaps they wait until they have a bunch of orders then pass them all on together?

As I say, pure speculation but it does seem that (at least som) people who've ordered through brokers have got theirs quicker than people who went through the dealer. Or it might just be I've read a few of those recently (and I'm secretly hoping it because of my own order :) )

The broker puts the order through as soon as the deposit is paid. What the fleet dealer does after that I don't know but I'm guessing they wait until they get a batch together and put them all through to the factory as a fleet order.  :notme:

The broker puts the order through as soon as the deposit is paid. What the fleet dealer does after that I don't know but I'm guessing they wait until they get a batch together and put them all through to the factory as a fleet order.  :notme:

Which might explain it. Maybe. Who knows!

I ordered with buyanewcar on 26 November and was told "start of March" - it was delivered by a main dealer driver to my home on the 4th March.

Seems pretty good, considering some of the stories on here?

Once I'd ordered I didn't bother contacting them until the start of Feb, they always emailed back within a day when I did.

I've been looking at changing from a mk 2 octy to a used s3 superb, but I am now considering now going for new, probably through new car discount. I have a couple of questions you may be able to help with. Do you get the option of picking the car up at a dealership, rather than having it delivered?

My other concern is how are you treated by dealership service departments, particularly if you have a problem? I would imagine some ill feeling exists about sourcing through NCD, does this affect the relationship with the dealers?

I've been looking at changing from a mk 2 octy to a used s3 superb

Same as me! Currently driving an ageing mk2 Octavia but now have an L&K S3 on order :)

If you're buying on finance I'd definitely buy new - it's actually usually much cheaper on PCP because the interest rates are much lower. Also you get exactly the car you want too. Given the huge discounts up for grabs through the brokers it's possibly still cheaper to buy new outright through them.

I'd give buyanewcar a look. I found they came up cheaper for me than NCD.

As for the dealers, I'm not sure if they'd even know. You can take the car to any Skoda dealer for servicing and repairs etc. so there's no reason you would have to have bought it from them anyway.

Don't know about delivery as I'm happy for home delivery. They also said it would be delivered on a truck, rather than driven, for free which I was happy about.

I've been looking at changing from a mk 2 octy to a used s3 superb, but I am now considering now going for new, probably through new car discount. I have a couple of questions you may be able to help with. Do you get the option of picking the car up at a dealership, rather than having it delivered?

My other concern is how are you treated by dealership service departments, particularly if you have a problem? I would imagine some ill feeling exists about sourcing through NCD, does this affect the relationship with the dealers?

I think NCD give the option of picking up from their HQ which is in Warrington from memory, personally I would foresee no problems regarding servicing/ warranty work from ANY Skoda dealer!!

I have a S3 on order through NCD. Great discount and service.

As for after sales any Skoda dealer will take any car in. They make good profit on servicing.

Also remember that by law you can have a car serviced by any non-Skoda garage.

Finally took the plunge & ordered a Superb L & K 150PS Hatch Diesel in Business Grey from "Buy a new car online". For September delivery, so the wait begins. Options added : Smart Light assist, Hill Hold, Spare wheel, Heated washer Nozzles & Travel sign recognition.

I have a S3 on order through NCD. Great discount and service.

As for after sales any Skoda dealer will take any car in. They make good profit on servicing.

Also remember that by law you can have a car serviced by any non-Skoda garage.

Told by dealer if i bought from "on line" his workshops were too busy to take on cars not supplied by them.................