Keeping the Boot and the Folded Seats Clean

gumdrop

I bought a boot liner for my current Yeti it was good and reasonably tough

but it did develop a few rips so a trip to the dump allowed water through.

The rubber boot liners look very "up to the job" but don't give "folded seat"

boot coverage.

What do you use for your Yeti to maximise your boot space yet keep it dry

and clean?

I've used home made stuff for my last few cars. Get an old double bed sheet and drape over rear seat with most in boot area, rubber boot liner hides the excess material. Take headrests out and where headrest holes are make holes through the material, replace headrests to secure material in place. If you want extra protection then place a large plastic decorators sheet over or under the sheet. I used this to prevent the rear seats getting messed up by the dog and it worked a treat! Granted it may not look as great but it's cheap and practical. I guess you could use more refined material if you so wished!

I've used home made stuff for my last few cars. Get an old double bed sheet and drape over rear seat with most in boot area, rubber boot liner hides the excess material. Take headrests out and where headrest holes are make holes through the material, replace headrests to secure material in place. If you want extra protection then place a large plastic decorators sheet over or under the sheet. I used this to prevent the rear seats getting messed up by the dog and it worked a treat! Granted it may not look as great but it's cheap and practical. I guess you could use more refined material if you so wished!

As well as collecting shoes and bags my other half once went through a phase of buying large table clothes. These are a nice thick absorbent cotton and I keep about 4 of the old ones in the boot all of the time. These along with a double sided rubber/carpet boot mat serve most purposes.

If getting really mucky is a possibilty I lay a small plastic sheet in the boot and line everything out with a pair of old king size duvet covers.

I do however keep looking for an ex-demo or 2nd hand hatchbag, but no luck yet after 20 months.

Colin

E-Bay (there may be other retailers) have a boot liner with rear seat cover for £14.99

It is very similar to the one I have had for a few years now so I will clean up the old one

and repair the abrasions to stop it leaking.

I have ordered a non Skoda rubber boot mat for about £16.00 from e-bay that should

take care of anything leaking through the old boot liner on the "dump run"

I've used a Boot Buddy for the last 4 years. took it out this weekend and the boot looks like new.

We have a white Springer Spaniel and no sign of dog hair at all.

Highly recommend this.

I did a full review 4 years ago on this site, just search for boot-buddy or go to www.boot-buddy.com

• 1 month later...

I also bought a Rhinoliner - they were very thorough about making sure it fit - contacted me to find out which version of the boot floor I had (spare wheel).  You can specify different options such as split fold rear seat, or whether you also want it to work when the seats lie flat, and has a fold out flap for the boot lip.  Cost me about £80, think they started at about £60.  If you have plastic side panels, you fix the boot liner on with stick on velcro - and to make it stick you should first clean the plastic where you want to attach it with cellulose paint thinner (to remove silicone residue that they put on all interior vinyl), but the velcro is pretty heavy duty.  If you have carpet sides the velcro sticks to the carpet without you having to stick a velcro strip on the side.  

http://www.rhinouk.co.uk/

Got mine to protect the painted bumper from scratches - for the same price as a plastic bumper guard.  Well made and good value for money.

I'd be very wary of using cellulose paint thinner as I think that will melt the plastic won't it? And you don't want to be spilling any drops anywhere. Those paint cleaner wipes would be best.

• Like 1

To clean plastic prior to sticking anything to it I'd use Isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits, most households will have one or the other.

+1 for Isopropanol. It's also suitable for cleaning electronic circuit boards which is what I used it for originally. Only problem I had was getting hold of it in the first place. I eventually had to order it from the local Pharmacy.

Fred

+1 for Isopropanol. It's also suitable for cleaning electronic circuit boards which is what I used it for originally. Only problem I had was getting hold of it in the first place. I eventually had to order it from the local Pharmacy.

Fred

Our local people hadn't got and, unusually for them, wouldn't do a special order.  Online, then - I think it was from CPC (checks: yes, PartNoSA01224 , around £6).  

Nowadays it is probably wise to add "YMMV" :dull:  

Fred

+2 isopropanol

• Like 1

I got a Hatcbag boot liner done for my yeti had it over 5 years now and still going strong also its in the 2nd yeti now as it was that good made of heavy grade waterproof rubbery type material available in range of colours and lots and lots op options as you can see i went for orange as i like orange and wanted to keep the inside cool for the dog as black would absorb the heat.

253b1722.jpg
992e629b.jpg
09760296.jpg
caf9364d.jpg
0cc807bc.jpg
e963cfe3.jpg
0041325d.jpg
955b9bd7.jpg
a7ba60c5.jpg
07515dd0.jpg
ff414924.jpg
452ddca2.jpg
26030937.jpg
b4ace6c5.jpg
8908e346.jpg
7d774f35.jpg
42132919.jpg

b64d58a5.jpg
Edited by Yetigreenline2

I used the Hatchbag brand when I was a sales rep and later when I worked in the marine industry. I found the product first class... Fit was perfection and they withstood a lot of abuse.

I think the orange is, if you pardon the pun, brilliant?

I had one of those in my A6 estate - as said a good piece of kit.

Did think about one for the Yeti but now that I'm getting the tow bar fitted and can use the trailer again not sure I'd use it? Probably quicker to hitch the trailer up as well rather than fold/remove the rear seats! :D 

Yetigreenline2 - you might be keeping the hound cooler but what about blinding the poor mite! :notme: