First Skoda - Cappucino or Business Grey

About to order my first Skoda.  Going for the 1.4TSI 150PS ACT manual as generally do short journey and will opt for the SE L executive trim.

Just trying to decide on colour.  I test drove the hatch in Business Grey and thought it looked great.  Also considering the Cappucino beige metallic.  Anyone got a Cappucino hatch or estate who could share some pictures?  I've seen some showroom pictures online but can't find many examples taken outside.  Also any snaps of the modus wheels. Dealer told me there are delays with the Pegasus wheels.

Planned extras:

Black Leather seats option

Heated rear seats

Heated windscreen

Front Parking sensors

Colour maxi dot trip computer

Rear window wiper

LED Package plus

Hill hold control

4th year warranty (is this worth it if I only do 10,000pa?)

Interested if anyone has gone for any of the above extras and don't think they were worth it?  Any killer extras I'm missing?

Rear camera?

Thanks, will look into camera....is this just used to help reverse parking?

Also thinking of rear backrest release from boot.

Just been reading that auto hold is standard and think it does what I thought hill hold control did, therefore don't need hill hold?

Auto-Hold and Hill-Hold are very similar. Auto-Hold releases as soon as you apply acceleration. Hill-Hold works at an angle greater than 7 degrees and gently releases brakes as you apply acceleration.

And now for some piccies...

Cappuccino Beige Metallic (but with brown leather, as black was not an L&K option at the time)

No Modus wheels.

Wheels are 18" Zenith Bronze (winter tyres).

DSC00428_zpsziwxqgga.jpg

DSC00423_zpsqtdnbzbp.jpg

And the same car with 18" Pegasus Anthracite (summer tyres)

IMG_0293_zpsqxpdynfh.jpg

DSC00119_zpsrlnprxdw.jpg

DSC00120_zpsrnb2utth.jpg

• Like 1

I spec'd Hill Hold and wished I'd saved £100 now. Auto Hold does all I want. Depends how hilly your area is I suppose?

The standard Maxi Dot computer meets my needs and glad I didn't spec the colour. 

I assume LED package means the better headlights ? 

@BillyJim - that Cappuccino Beige Metallic colour looks stunning - Both wheels suit it.. 

If you are going for front parking sensors park assist doesn't cost much more and of course includes the front sensors.

I was going to buy a SE-L and found the best price I could from a dealer. I ended up buying a L+K for over £2000 less that the best dealer price for a SE-L. That was from newcardiscount.com. No idea if discounts are still the same level but may be worth investigating if you are planning on adding a list of extras many of which are on the L+K.

Thanks very much for the pics - looks great!

I'm been looking at new-car-discount.com and its nearly £5k off and the chap on the phone, Nick, has been really helpful.

Thought about the L&K trim as with the discount and offsetting some extras I'm speccing anyway makes sense, but unfortunately you can't have the L&K trim on a 1.4TSI manual!!! :-(  You have to have the 2.0TSI with a DSG gearbox - the auto we test drove completely freaked the Mrs out, so thats a no-no :-(

Regarding park assist, I have it on my VW Touran now and apart from when showing off to passengers, I've probably only used it 24 times max to parallel park in 4 years (it's awful at reverse parking which is what I mainly do).  The difference between front parking sensors and park assist is £240, so that would be £10 per parallel park!

• Like 2

I spec'd Hill Hold and wished I'd saved £100 now. Auto Hold does all I want. Depends how hilly your area is I suppose?

The standard Maxi Dot computer meets my needs and glad I didn't spec the colour. 

Thanks I'll avoid the hill hold then - I think it's a bit misleading to be honest and would have been unhappy if I'd ordered it not realising.  Luckily I found this cracking forum and read a couple of posts which made me re think.

Stupid question but I assume the colour maxi dot just exactly the same info displayed, just in colour?

Thanks very much for the pics - looks great!

I'm been looking at new-car-discount.com and its nearly £5k off and the chap on the phone, Nick, has been really helpful.

Thought about the L&K trim as with the discount and offsetting some extras I'm speccing anyway makes sense, but unfortunately you can't have the L&K trim on a 1.4TSI manual!!! :-(  You have to have the 2.0TSI with a DSG gearbox - the auto we test drove completely freaked the Mrs out, so thats a no-no :-(

Regarding park assist, I have it on my VW Touran now and apart from when showing off to passengers, I've probably only used it 24 times max to parallel park in 4 years (it's awful at reverse parking which is what I mainly do).  The difference between front parking sensors and park assist is £240, so that would be £10 per parallel park!

Well, I tested the park assist of the superb on a testdrive, and it turned way before I ever would. So this makes me think it's probably better at parking then I am. But on the other hand, once I got used to my current car, I also started to park better and better.

I uploaded photos of my quartz grey with Modus wheels into the picture thread if you look in there

Found your pics, thanks.  Modus wheels look good to me.  I also like the quartz grey but wife no likey.

Also keep flip-flopping between hatch and estate.  An extra £800, but not sure how often I'd use the extra space as the hatch is massive to start with!  If the choice were saloon boot with estate it would be 100% estate, but with the excellent hatch access and huge loading space I'm 50:50.

Edited by recruit18

Stupid question but I assume the colour maxi dot just exactly the same info displayed, just in colour?

Haven't seen a colour version but I'd assume your thoughts are correct.

Get the better headlights as well, standard ones are very yellow and not that good.

Estate wins hands down. Yes it's doubley massive , but not that difficult to park etc (even without PA) and IMHO looks better than the hatch.

Mine goes back at the end of the month (redundancy) and I'll be very upset to see her go. Been awesome in 5 months I've had her and all my passengers have been highly impressed (apart from the wife and daughter who prefer the elevated position of our Qashqai).

The color maxi dot is miles better than the black and white one. It's shocking really. I added the color one to my order at a later date.

There was a bigger picture before, but this is what i got from google's cache:

sZL8zqe.png

Search for some videos of maxi dot and check it out. The black and white one looks awful, like it's from the 80's.

Black white:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC3TsLLHveU

Color:

• Like 1

The color maxi dot is miles better than the black and white one. It's shocking really. I added the color one to my order at a later date.

sZL8zqe.png

Search for some videos of maxi dot and check it out. The black and white one looks awful, like it's from the 80's.

Color:

Having watched the video, I'm still happy with my non-colour version...  But then again I think the 1980's is the best decade  :|  :D

I never specced the colour maxidot, and cant see any issue with it. I think it depends on what your coming from. If you've had it before you will probably miss it. I didnt, and dont. The money went towards the front parking sensors, which on a 4.8m long car IMO are much more worth while.

sZL8zqe.png

Color:

That video is not the latest non colour maxi dot.

I have a MY16 (4 weeks) old Rapid Spaceback SE Sport, - let me do a video for you guys...

ps.. i have not opt'ed for colour as im happy with the non version.

I think it's a bit weird that the coloured one is an option. This interface looks really dated imo. Offcourse, if it doesn't matter for you, no problem ;)

It could of course be different in the S3, this video is from my rapid space back.

Anyone confirm?

To be honest.. I just leave it on the miles to empty.

There is nothing wrong with the black and white maxidot, it is even an improvement from the S2, the colour one just looks better... actually much better  :angel:

• Like 1