New TOP GEAR presenters, I'm not feeling it!

Nels

I've seen the new line up of Top gear presenters and I'm just not feeling the love. There seem to be too many and I don't think they seem right. Maybe I'm being harsh and maybe I just need time to adjust, but Matt Leblanc, really??? And I don't even know who one of them is? I'm going to try but I'm not holding out much hope. Chris Evans is great of TFI FRIDAY but I imagine he's going to be bloody annoying on top gear.

Think the idea is that they won't all be on screen at the same time, it'll be a couple of them (Evans and LeBlanc I expect) with the rest doing motory type stuff in between.

Sabine is generally quite busy so I doubt she'll be in every episode.

Not really sure I get why LeBlanc is in the line-up, maybe they are trying to get the yanks on-board and the presence of one of their own might help.

I'm going to give it a whirl. Might be a breath of fresh air after the meatbag Clarkson.

• Like 1

Series 1 will be ****e you'll need to forgive them that.

If series 2 is still ****e then the game's over.

Matt Leblanc is the token yank to keep up the oversea sales.

It's a car program so I'll watch it, old TG was mostly crap with moments of genius, so best not to have rose tinted specs about it.

• Like 3

It's a car program so I'll watch it, old TG was mostly crap with moments of genius, so best not to have rose tinted specs about it.

Now, in the Clarkson era "old Top Gear" was what ran from '77 tp '01. Is that now "old old Top Gear" with "old Top Gear" being the one from '02 to '15?

Now, in the Clarkson era "old Top Gear" was what ran from '77 tp '01. Is that now "old old Top Gear" with "old Top Gear" being the one from '02 to '15?

Old new TG.

As in the 3 berks in supercars

• Like 1

matt le blanc I can sort of see, as he is often in the F1 paddock, is a car nut and has topped the car in a reasonably priced car board a couple of times

the ginger whinger is a car nut and I think may surprise us

sabine is hilarious but also a racing driver so see her doing some of the fast testing of cars

the rest? not a clue if good bad or idiots

Did you know Hammond or May before Top Gear?

Very good point. Answer almost universally "No".

Chris Harris and Sabine are superb drivers. Harris excellent at commentating during test drives...lots of videos to illustrate the point. Sabine is "Queen of The 'Ring" and a lot better looking than May. Matt le Blanc? Reserve judgement. Chris Evans? Hardly fit to clean Tiff Needell's jockstrap...and, having driven in a car with Needell, at Silverstone circuit, I cannot stand the arrogant twonk.

Would have liked to see Guy Martin in an occasional slot and the show expanded to include motorcycles...rather than the increasingly irrelevant breed of "Hypercars"...Aston Martin excluded...and 500bhp+ German saloons. Still, who knows, maybe it will all come together.

• Like 2

matt le blanc I can sort of see, as he is often in the F1 paddock, is a car nut and has topped the car in a reasonably priced car board a couple of times

the ginger whinger is a car nut and I think may surprise us

sabine is hilarious but also a racing driver so see her doing some of the fast testing of cars

the rest? not a clue if good bad or idiots

Chris Harris has plenty of Youtube videos up on the Drive channel if you want to see what he's like, I think he's great as he's a fantastic driver but has a pleasant manner that isn't at all in your face.  His enthusiasm is quite infectious as he just seems to enjoy being involved with cars, even an old very low powered Citroen 2CV he bought himself which had a video on which I saw just after watching a video of him hammering a Mclaren P1 round a track.  I don't think Chris Evans will surprise us, as someone who has been on the show a few times and is on the radio every day I can't see it being likely he's going to be any less annoying and the current articles on issues with the new Top Gear don't seem difficult to believe.

John

...motorcycles ?  Oh, I see, that's when we all go to brew up, just like during the interview "chat" on the most recent TG. Two wheels doesn't fall into my radar, sorry. 

What happened to the chubby bloke with the bald head who has a son who is a drummer in a rock band ? he likes rallying and silly stuff, and was both entertaining, and informative ? I liked him...he might be dead now.....bring him back anyway..

• Administrators

What happened to the chubby bloke with the bald head who has a son who is a drummer in a rock band ? he likes rallying and silly stuff, and was both entertaining, and informative ? I liked him...he might be dead now.....bring him back anyway..

You mean Jason Dawe? He used to write on the cars windscreen about what it was worth new, and then used prices now and always told the viewers about the best deals (pretty much what he does on the used car roadshow, I thought he was great!

11 minutes in;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3iqp3p_top-gear-season-1-episode-02-2002-10-27_shortfilms

You mean Jason Dawe? He used to write on the cars windscreen about what it was worth new, and then used prices now and always told the viewers about the best deals (pretty much what he does on the used car roadshow, I thought he was great!

11 minutes in;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3iqp3p_top-gear-season-1-episode-02-2002-10-27_shortfilms

No, not him.....God I  must be getting old, he used to be on TG about 25 years ago, little chap, bit chubby, very personable......I sound like my dad ffs......

While the new line-up may not inspire some, it could always be worse.. *cough*Mike Brewer*cough*

Or Quentin Wilson; the only man to ever be more interested in the price sticker on a E-type than in its "pulling power".

• Like 1