DSG oil change

Hi again

It is general somehow but i am going to have an oil change on my dsg 6speed 2011 very soon.

Does anybody has an experience on this type, what effect you can expect after change? Like faster , smoother or nothing?

2011 superb CR170

From tapatalk

I would expect no difference in the operation of the DSG. Mine is also due an oil change in 5K miles. My 2012 car with 35K miles drives just the same as a friend's Golf hat had a DSG oil change less than 2K miles ago. After all the DSG oil change is just preventative maintenance not fault correction.

• 2 weeks later...

No noticeable change in mechanical noise or operation. But if you don't do it, you might hear noises later on ;)

As said above, like an engine oil change, it's preventative maintenance.

• Like 1

Jamsco, 

with a 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG (DQ200) check and see if the Service Campaign was required on your car, 

and has been done.  (Free) 

This is what was done in New Zealand, but in the UK it is just the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral and a Software Update to the ECU for the DSG.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

You might see here if anything is outstanding.

(If the DSG service campaign was done there is a Sticker the technician puts in the Spare Tyre Well to show it as being done, 

and the Skoda Service / Warranty Computer System shows it, so ask at a Dealership or Skoda UK Customer Services.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just made my dsg oil change in an official dealer. My rarely crackling noise in 2nd gear in a corner seems to be gone, and i think it is just psycho, but changing the gear smoother.

:))) I requested to maintain the panorama sunroof as well, and now it is also much quiter.

The service leader told me, the only change in the software update will be , that the cheating part is deleted and modified. Nothing else will change, therefor no power or emission change.

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

When I changed my DSG oil and filter I performed basic settings on the gearbox afterwards. I did notice a slight difference in the gearbox as it resets all the learned values and seemed sharper... but that could have just been a placebo effect!

But with an oil and filter change unless something there was a problem with the gearbox it will make no difference to the performance of the box.

Phil

Yes i also think its placebo :) i request to check newer software for the gearbox, but no newer one, maybe paralell they click a reset for the learnings.

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Just make sure whoever does it, doesnt cheat it, some dealers don't follow propper instructions and do a drain/refill method based on an average of 5 litres.

I have seen them also not follow the VAS procedures to reset the clutch alignments, and doing at the wrong temperature means the oil level is incorrect also.