Superb Greenline speed bump problems

I have owned my superb Greenline for about 18 months now , and at my wits end with one problem, when I have more than 2 people in the car I have a real problem with passing over a speed bump without some part of the underside making contact with it. A test drive by a technician at the local main dealer confirmed it does have an issue with speed bumps and they even had to replace 2 undertray fixings after their test drive but could not find a fault so skoda are not interested in looking into this fault any further. I am having to get an independent report and then going to the small claims court.

Does anybody have the same problem or is it just me!

I've had my Greenline nearly 3 years now and I have learnt to take care with speed bumps. I have occasionally caught the plastic/rubber parts of the front bumper and slightly scuffed the underside of the rear bumper if I have gone a bit too quick. Not actually grounded the car and I now tend to try and avoid routes with road humps.

Mine does catch the front end if I forget to slow down enough, no problem at 1st gear speeds. The Greenline is (I think) 15mm lower than a standard Superb so a bit more susceptible to catching on speed bumps. I think the bigger problem is the overhang, especially on the nose where there is a lot of car in front of the wheels.

My friend had a speed bump outside his house and he kept grounding his car , he researched speed bumps , checked "his" one with at tape measure and discovered it was too high , complained to council and they had to redo it at the correct height

Greenline taxi here, I feel your pain, regularly loaded with 4 punters and luggage on airport runs. I hate speed bumps

G

non-greenline.....only grounded twice, once on a speed hump i hadnt noticed till too late and one on an undulating country lane which caught me out

I have a greenline and live in Denmark.. And even with The car full of People and driving 40 km/t over speed bulbs i never expirensed any problems.

But maybe uk speed bulbs are different from denmarks :-)

or English weigh more than Danes?

very possible

• Like 1

Erm, slow down? ;)

I'm assuming you have problems with the "ambulance-friendly" central speed bumps? My Superb is lowered on coilovers & I'm yet to have any issues. I slow right down as I'm used to driving low cars.

I wonder if the Greenline has additional undertray components to enhance air flow & reduce fuel consumption?

Erm, slow down? ;)

I'm assuming you have problems with the "ambulance-friendly" central speed bumps? My Superb is lowered on coilovers & I'm yet to have any issues. I slow right down as I'm used to driving low cars.

I wonder if the Greenline has additional undertray components to enhance air flow & reduce fuel consumption?

Mines does yes, only thing that isn't covered is the exhaust channel

G

Them greenline cars can be a problem with speed humps and speed tables,had a hire car and on the pre hire inspection form the only existing damage was.

"underbody panel various scrape damage"

After an hour of driving that car in west London/Heathrow area  and 2 speed hump scrapes,i took it back :clap:.​

I have owned my superb Greenline for about 18 months now , and at my wits end with one problem, when I have more than 2 people in the car I have a real problem with passing over a speed bump without some part of the underside making contact with it. A test drive by a technician at the local main dealer confirmed it does have an issue with speed bumps and they even had to replace 2 undertray fixings after their test drive but could not find a fault so skoda are not interested in looking into this fault any further. I am having to get an independent report and then going to the small claims court.

Does anybody have the same problem or is it just me!

I have had my superb for about the same time but as a taxi. I got fed up with the scraping noise from the front scuff guards so I cut about 50% off. I frequently have a car full plus luggage plus negotiating bumpy unadopted roads and have done 95000 miles so have a lot of experience with the car. There are two things to remember psi in tyres never less than 30 psi in all wheels. And any speed bumps take slow I mean like 10 mph or less stock to those rules and you'll be fine

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll bet following traffic love following you at less than 10 mph.

I once owned a honda accord with very low factory Sports suspension.

It always grounded over the works 5 mph car park speed bumps.

I discovered one day, when I was late for work, that if I drove over them at much higher speeds it didn't ground at all. :notme:

I fixed the problem by selling the car...

• Like 3

I'll bet following traffic love following you at less than 10 mph.

I once owned a honda accord with very low factory Sports suspension.

It always grounded over the works 5 mph car park speed bumps.

I discovered one day, when I was late for work, that if I drove over them at much higher speeds it didn't ground at all. :notme:

I fixed the problem by selling the car...

There are no speed humps on main road in my town just outside schools side roads and rat runs in any case my average mph is the same as any other car that does heavy town work between 15 to 20 mph. In fact town center speed limit is 20 mph so makes no difference to no one

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by taxi928

• 2 weeks later...

I have a greenline superb estate as a taxi and I have frequently scratched the underside of the car from speed bumps. It's worse when you have 3 folk in the back and luggage. I'm glad it's not just me. I have slowed right down as well to sometimes under 10mph and had some irate people behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a greenline superb estate as a taxi and I have frequently scratched the underside of the car from speed bumps. It's worse when you have 3 folk in the back and luggage. I'm glad it's not just me. I have slowed right down as well to sometimes under 10mph and had some irate people behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic, where do you work and what sort of daily MPG are you getting? Or how much to 100 mile?

G

Last time I checked I was getting 45.2mpg and I work in Glasgow

Small world, me too. Network I'm with. Most days I'm below 40mpg. I'm overall average for the last 1500 miles has been low end of 39. My car is a 2012 with 100k on it

Who you work for?

G

Small world, me too. Network I'm with. Most days I'm below 40mpg. I'm overall average for the last 1500 miles has been low end of 39. My car is a 2012 with 100k on it

Who you work for?

G

Hampden.

Mine has around 56k on the clock had 40k on it when I got it 5 months ago

Hampden.

Mine has around 56k on the clock had 40k on it when I got it 5 months ago

Used to work for them, most of my mates still do. Canna stand them to be honest lol.

Think I'll be going for a remap soon!

G