Mud flaps

Not purchased, but I was also checking them out on Superskoda and thinking they seemed very reasonable. I then checked the pics of the ex demo Superb I'm picking up this weekend to find it already has them fitted :)

So this is what they look like on a grey hatch:

poW1r2H.jpg

• Like 1

Have decided to have the rear flaps fitted by our dealer prior to delivery. Cost including fitting 500 SEK so approximately £42

Ordered front and back from Superskoda. Front ones to protect panels on my own car, rear ones to avoid spraying stones on other cars.

Ordered front and back from Superskoda. Front ones to protect panels on my own car, rear ones to avoid spraying stones on other cars.

Yes, Superskoda has some great prices. At present they are even extra cheap €13.99 for a set of two. Was thinking of going down this route also but "chickened" out as I didn't want the hassle of fixing them myself. Of course I could have just bought them and then have them installed by someone else.

Anyway, only installing the rear flaps as the front ones are standard on the L&K we ordered.

Yep think I might order the super skoda ones over the weekend reading the other thread on mud flaps seems easy enough to get them in place so given the savings could be worth the punt only downside is the 9.99 delivery cost but can't have everything.

Hi Sevlow8

Notice you are in Dudley, you should see a silver estate floating about with mudflaps on it. Certainly helps keep it cleaner compared to the A6 which couldn't have them fitted.

Edited by SteveHut

Hi Sevlow8

Notice you are in Dudley, you should see a silver estate floating about with mudflaps on it.

Certainly helps keep it cleaner compared to the A6 which couldn't have them fitted.

Not seen that one.... well there will another on road from tomorrow.

Hi was just wondering what is the general opinions of mud flaps on the S3 do you feel they make a big difference to keeping the car clean etc ?
must have!
some countries even have obligation rules

Personally they are a must have, have got them on and they really do not look out of place on the car.  Don't know what colour you are going for but with Quartz Grey they blend in and are hardly noticeable.  There are some pictures in the picture thread of them on both front and rear.

Hi 

I went for the standard skoda flaps and gotta say 'yes' they do 

Have a white S3 and did not have them at first, so tar spots started to build up, but now that has been reduced. Generally speaking they keep it a bit cleaner

If you want some check out superskoda as they were about half the cost than the skoda dealers when I got mine, worked out about £35 (including P+) for front and rear. Pretty easy to fit as well

Cheers 

Edited by thinline1

Didn´t have the rear flaps on my S2 and there was always a lot of dirt at the back. Decided to go with the rear flaps on the S3. I have been told it will make a difference.

Over here, they seem to come as standard along with mats.  My SII and SIII both came with front & rear flaps.  Given how much muck they catch I'd imagine that they're indispensable.  Easy enough to clean and they blend in well even with lighter colours.

Having just this second finished cleaning my car (mudflaps front and rear) after a long couple of journeys, I would say absolutely worth having. They are unobtrusive, relatively low cost and seem to prevent quite a lot of mud splash and grit damage compared to my previous Audi without flaps. Seems like a no-brainer to me!