Collection Checks

What do I need to check for when collecting the vehicle.

For example, having read on here, I need to check there are 2 Umbrellas, 1 ice scraper and a torch in the boot.

What else ?

Obviously you need to check that the car has all the extras you may have ordered.

Check for any bodywork dints and paint touch up.

If you ordered SLA check that it is fitted. Whiskers on the DRLs will confirm.

What do I need to check for when collecting the vehicle.

For example, having read on here, I need to check there are 2 Umbrellas, 1 ice scraper and a torch in the boot.

What else ?

Umbrellas I'm told to check for......forgot when I saw it Wednesday.

Spare wheel (if you ordered one).

Boot nets (for the L&K)

Manuals

I picked mine up on 1st March but visited the dealer the week before to sit and have a play with everything and thus did almost all the checks at my leisure. Maybe that's an option for you?

Most importantly make sure you drive it, test that everything works as it should - yes, even on a new car electrics may not be right or even connected. Check everything looks okay externally too. Check that the suspension blocks (spacers) have been removed. These should be removed of course but I've heard this happening to somebody recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check for small changes in spec.  An auto-dimming rear view mirror was specified on the Ambition model when I ordered it last October and was removed from the spec by the time it was built in January.  Not sure what the solution is depending on what's missing but you are arguing from a stronger position before taking delivery.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Mon55 said:

Can anyone with a recently delivered (MY17) SE Technology (ie no keyless entry) please confirm how many keys the car is supposed to come with? (ie 2 or 3)?

9 hours ago, Mon55 said:

Ah okay - well I guess I'll wait and see what I end up with tomorrow!

If the car has "customization" function (probably has to do with electric seats and mirrors) then it comes with 3 ugly plastic keys. :)