DSG .. gearbox .. any issues

Not had any issues whatsoever on this car or previous one.

Did have issues with a MkII 1.8TSi Octavia with DSG 7, which happened just before I traded it in and the mechatronics started to go a bit bonkers after long (>3hr) drives at speeds of 70-80 mph, it only occurred once you dropped out of fast driving and into normal stop/start slower traffic, when it would stutter, once you went back up to speed again it was fine.

I have it, don't think it's matched to the diesel engine anywhere near as well as it matches the petrol (which is also confirmed by the emission figures).

Significantly better than the old auto boxes, never had any problems with it other than not coming out of neutral in eco mode almost causing an accident.

Wouldn't have it again with a TDI, would with a TSI.

I have it and also think it doesn't mate well with the tdi too well. Great when you're not trying to push on, and in traffic, but not very intuitive for hitting the sweet spot. Tends to over-shift if you stamp on the loud pedal

• Like 1

I have it and also think it doesn't mate well with the tdi too well. Great when you're not trying to push on, and in traffic, but not very intuitive for hitting the sweet spot. Tends to over-shift if you stamp on the loud pedal

A tdi and the loud pedal never heard of this ...I assume you mean loud as in volume (being diesel) and not as a performance analogy...;-)

• Like 1

I have had my Diesel/DSG 7 Octavia for coming up to 9 months and 9,800 miles with no problems at all. The combination works well for me and I would never go back to a manual now.

Strange I found the DSG with a diesel quite pleasant to drive with no discernible problems or issues, I guess it's all down to personal experience and preference.

Agree

• Like 1

My Company Octavia Business 2.0TDI DSG has been fantastic, normally use the Eco setting but when i need to get a move on, select Sport and it shifts down and goes like a rocket, very pleased with it. (have the same engine and DSG on my own MK3 Superb).

I bought a DSG after I had both hips replaced as I was told that operating a clutch pedal causes the pelvis to rotate in a medically undesirable way. In 17 months and over 15,000 miles, I have had no trouble with the DSG and have found:

- it's much more comfortable to drive than a manual gearbox in stop-start traffic (usually put it in sport mode)

- on long runs, I tend to leave it to its own devices (in D)

- on twisty roads, I move the lever to the left and use the paddles or the lever to change gear as you would with a manual gearbox ; that way, you can anticipate the bend and arrive at it in the appropriate gear, rather than waiting for the gearbox to react when you lift off/brake.

Much as I loved the satisfaction of a well-executed manual gearchange, I wouldn't go back to one now, for my hips' sake

• Like 1