Not much of L&K here...

Hi!

I was browsing the forum (currently choosing b/n engines,etc) and saw much more vRS machines and almost none L&K. Is there a problem w/ the leather or anything else with the equipment. Or it's something with the price..?

Very nice forum btw :)

Nothing bad to report with my L&K that isn't related to the base model so to speak. My only gripes are to do with the ride which isn't to do with the spec, but obviously would be different on a vRS.

Otherwise, I love the finish and have it in the "brochure" Topaz Brown which goes lovely with the Xenons, black fogs and turbine alloys. I get a lot of positive comments on the interior and brand embellishments here and there, such as on the seats and gear stick, for example.

• Like 1

Had 2 mk2 L&K's before my Mk3 Vrs.

They were 1.8 tsi's. Excellent engine, suppose any upgrade to engines will be for best. The ride was comfortable, but on bends it tended to lean a fair bit. It's a luxury car not meant for chucking about, but for long distance drives, which it did well.

Main reason I chose Vrs was for the engine, at the time the only petrol were 1.2, 1.4 & 2.0 in the Vrs. But I think the L&K would have proved too expensive had it been available at the time.

Nothing bad to report with my L&K that isn't related to the base model so to speak. My only gripes are to do with the ride which isn't to do with the spec, but obviously would be different on a vRS.

Otherwise, I love the finish and have it in the "brochure" Topaz Brown which goes lovely with the Xenons, black fogs and turbine alloys. I get a lot of positive comments on the interior and brand embellishments here and there, such as on the seats and gear stick, for example.

Same here...color config that is. I had a choice of silver and brown and finally went for the chocolate ;)

My only gripe is lack of navi, with Bolero+Canton instead.

I've got nothing bad to report, other than not retracting lamp washer, being a common issue on many Octy3.

As for the vRS and LK choice, since I've heard of people having mixxed feelings about the stiffness of the RS, and having both options priced at the ~same level, I went finally with 1.8TSi L&K for better comfort.

Thanks all for the comments. Please share some pics of your cars, tomorrow I am going to see one at dealer. Btw for the navi, I hate the put it as default here when they preorder cars.

Also thinking for removing Kessy-too many stealings here with signal repeaters....

This is the only image I have handy 10256892_10205278189619884_4802551102581

I have bolero and canton and more than happy with it. Not pushed about the nav built in, I've a garmin I never use and mainly use google maps on my phone to find the odd place.

Don't have KESSY so nothing to offer there.

Heated seats are a favourite in my car [emoji2]

• Like 1

This is the only image I have handy 10256892_10205278189619884_4802551102581

I have bolero and canton and more than happy with it. Not pushed about the nav built in, I've a garmin I never use and mainly use google maps on my phone to find the odd place.

Don't have KESSY so nothing to offer there.

Heated seats are a favourite in my car [emoji2]

This colour looks amazing in that pic! I think I have only ever passed one other L&K in the 9 months I've owned mine. I absolutely love it, great car. Only gripe I have is that it's not the most refined car in the world in terms of engine noise etc, but in terms of "bang for the buck" it's amazing. Spec any major German competitor o the same spec and you would be sailing past £40k.

When the time comes I think it'll be replaced with a Superb L&K.

This colour looks amazing in that pic! I think I have only ever passed one other L&K in the 9 months I've owned mine. I absolutely love it, great car. Only gripe I have is that it's not the most refined car in the world in terms of engine noise etc, but in terms of "bang for the buck" it's amazing. Spec any major German competitor o the same spec and you would be sailing past £40k.

When the time comes I think it'll be replaced with a Superb L&K.

Thanks. I took that photo after having it a few weeks. I was walking back to the car and I looked over and had to take it, it just looked so nice waiting there!

I would find it hard not to go L&K again alright and I may be tempted Superb but no changes in my immediate future so it's all just dreams [emoji23]

Thanks. I took that photo after having it a few weeks. I was walking back to the car and I looked over and had to take it, it just looked so nice waiting there!

I would find it hard not to go L&K again alright and I may be tempted Superb but no changes in my immediate future so it's all just dreams [emoji23]

Haha well I still have 27 months left on my lease so not in the immediate future for me either! But when I had my car in the garage for some warranty work I sat in a new Superb SE-L and it was so nice inside, it is a noticeable step up from the Octy for not much more £ too.

• Like 1

Haha well I still have 27 months left on my lease so not in the immediate future for me either! But when I had my car in the garage for some warranty work I sat in a new Superb SE-L and it was so nice inside, it is a noticeable step up from the Octy for not much more £ too.

Oh and about their being less common.. I've mine 18 months and only seen 1 other one but lots of Mk IIIs in general

I like the alloys on the l&k and it has a good spec the only issues putting me off are the engine range, I think you should be able to get the 184 TDi not just the 150 as you can in the scout, and the worst part is brown leather...imo its ewwww to look at and combined with brown interior trim doesn't attract me to the model, a black option should be available.

If there was no VRS model I would spec a SE-L (elegance?) to get a decent colour interior over the L&K

I like the alloys on the l&k and it has a good spec the only issues putting me off are the engine range, I think you should be able to get the 184 TDi not just the 150 as you can in the scout, and the worst part is brown leather...imo its ewwww to look at and combined with brown interior trim doesn't attract me to the model, a black option should be available.

If there was no VRS model I would spec a SE-L (elegance?) to get a decent colour interior over the L&K

Here in Norway we can the 184 diesel in the l&k and elegance(or what its called now). Not sure if its 4wd only, or if its also available as Fwd.

I wouldn't have picked brown on its own let's say, but I have developed a definite taste for it after spending so much time in the car. I think the brown leather and alcantara and brown plastics combined with the topaz brown paint all go well as a package. I'm not sure I'd want a white car with brown insides though!

I had a loan of one with a standard black interior and it booked really basic and boring by compassion... IMHO [emoji2]

I wouldn't have picked brown on its own let's say, but I have developed a definite taste for it after spending so much time in the car. I think the brown leather and alcantara and brown plastics combined with the topaz brown paint all go well as a package. I'm not sure I'd want a white car with brown insides though!

I had a loan of one with a standard black interior and it booked really basic and boring by compassion... IMHO [emoji2]

:notme:  I'm waiting for my Moon WHITE L&K ​1,8 TSI 4x4 to be delivered this week. I was afraid that topaz brown with brown leather would be just to much for my liking.

The car is ordered with every option except sun roof and key less.

And you would not believe what this costs in Norway!

I've been through leather/alcantara/other combos in beige, gray and black to get to the brown one in Octy L&K.

IMO looks v. good, matches the piano-black perfectly and has no maintenance concerns like beige in my last Sup Mk2 Platinum 14'...where after literally a week, when I saw what my jeans did...well tears were almost out :'(

So my current setup (brown leather/alcantara) feels like a perfect balance: not as booooring as gray or black and not as painful as beige.

Piano black is a nice touch on top of it, with one minor downside - it catches tiny scratches from just looking at it :p

@ wlange - so you say it's well balanced?In terms of durability and feel as well?

@ norsko - waiting forward to see some pics and hearding feedbacks. I was curious,as this combination will come much faster in terms of delivery time frame...

It's a purely personal opinion, but yes, for me it feels perfectly balanced.

Beige ("pudding" :) ) is a nice touch, but proved to be a sad disappointment in my case in terms of maintainability. One of the reasons I did not buy out the car from lease company :p

The "brown option" aka L&K is probably not for everyone, but I find it appealing.

I have no pictures, but there is plenty on the net - just for example: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/official-new-car-reviews/1240253d1399953712-skoda-octavia-official-review-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditiondashboardingeneva.jpg.

In real life that brown seems darker than on the photo. Top of the dash is still black.

Alcantara imo is also great - not as sweaty as leather but giving a decent look and comfort. Should also look better after few years, unlike the full leather that always starts to look like a worn jacket after some time.