Reversing/Parking Camera Retrofit.

I'm bemused though... I got the impression your parking was exemplorary even when manual - why the sudden need for a rear camera ?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/293337-park-assistis-it-any-good/page-2#entry4571189

But if you do you need to read about 11 posts down.....the post is still on the first page lol, simply clever ;)

• Like 1

Does or has anyone done a retrofit of the reversing/parking camera on a hatchback?

Also does anyone know if it's possible how much it costs to have it retrofitted to the car.

Thanks.

I'd like to know this too, I don't need it but it would be nice to have. Picking up my wife's new Qashqai on Sat and it has 360 cameras with a birds eye view (camera stitched together) which is cool. 

Do none of you actually read the forums lol !

Ok I grant you its a bit coded, but I just told you already, heres the 2nd time, its the thread with "simply clever" on the current first page of results, lol

Does or has anyone done a retrofit of the reversing/parking camera on a hatchback?

Also does anyone know if it's possible how much it costs to have it retrofitted to the car.

Thanks.

No I've not read of a member on here doing it on the hatch. But if I'm to be honest it will not be that much different to the estate. Or at least this like will give you the jist of it.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341794-new-feature-simply-clever/page-1?hl=+rear +camera

Sorry for being a little thick, but if I buy the reverse camera and plug it into back of my 2014 (63) bolero will this activate the camera on the screen when I put it in reverse? As in is it compatible and I know it has to be powered to brake lights, but once plugged in Will the bolero recognise it or do I have to have a certain option?

• 2 weeks later...

What £14 ish for a cheap number plate camera light, a bit more for some connectors to the media unit, and if you can get some help or loan of cable, activation for free ?

Easily disconnected also (you can add £6 or somethign for a video sender too if you prefer not laying cables). No big prices there.

Its only a camera, you can spend a fortune on the OEM original camera if you like, but it won't work unless you are reversing, and its only a supplemental aid, how good has it got to be, its not for keyhole surgery.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I found some info on some russian forum about activating the visual representation of obstacles as an overlay to camera feed.

By activating car function list Gen2 BAP-VPS_0x0B you should see rectangular shapes over the video from the camera in places where there are obstacles.

The pictures i seen were of a highline camera with moving trajectory lines.

Unfortunately, on my chinese low camera, this setting breaks the park pilot.

If anyone with highline camera can test it to confirm, i think it would be a cool feature to add.

Also, it seems that this setting adds a virtual button on the car menu, witch i think would enable the use of the camera even while driving (forward).