Audi A5 Sportback vs Superb III?

Since my superb is HEAVILY delayed, i'm looking around for alternatives and the A5 caught my eye - if i could get some decent discounts on it, of course.

Does anyone here have any experience with the audi?

I was looking at the A6 too because there is a "-20% from the final price" discount going on, but i would very much prefer a liftback model.

I'm mostly worried about overpaying for an older model, since the tech etc seems kind of dated when compared to the newer A4 and A6 models and not a lot seems to be available.

I couldn't find a reversing camera extra from the configurator, for example

Any feedback from owners or previous owners is welcome.

Avoid the A5 until the new 2016/7 B9 model comes out / makes it 1st appearance at the at Paris 2016 motor show.

The A5 has been around in its current form (few facelifts) since 2006.

The A5 is in a different league from the Superb. The Superb is a spacious confotable saloon. The A5 is a sports saloon and is small inside albeit beautifully made. You would be comfortable up front but any rear passenger would never forgive you! Compared with the Superb the one I have tried had a hard ride. Also by comparison the A5 boot is much smaller.

The Older Audi is a ganaeration down in terms of what is in or on the car compared to the S3. The only one thing I will disagree with thw comments above is the comfort. Superb driver seats suck. Never driven with such uncomfortable seats having owned and driven Seat Ibiza, Seat Leon, Seat Exeo st sport , Audi A4 B9 and a Hyudai i40

Also having pretty much answered the question himself already, I'm cannot imagine what the OP expected in terms of replies here.

However, I’ll be utterly predictable by saying it’s no context: Superb wins hands down. My reasons would be numerous, but ultimately I would find the new vs. old the most compelling one.

The A5 is a sports saloon ...

Definition please. Yes, the A5 is small inside, but it’s still a big, heavy car. Quite possibly even heavier (as it’s older). That alone makes any ‘sporting’ pretensions ridiculous.

Never driven with such uncomfortable seats having owned and driven Seat Ibiza, Seat Leon, Seat Exeo st sport , Audi A4 B9 and a Hyudai i40

You either have a unique build (you not the car) or the SE Business use different seats (can’t see that personally) as I find the (electric) seats to be very comfortable, I appreciate we all have different needs regarding comfort but the S3 are equally the most comfortable i have sat in.

Also having pretty much answered the question himself already, I'm cannot imagine what the OP expected in terms of replies here.

However, I’ll be utterly predictable by saying it’s no context: Superb wins hands down. My reasons would be numerous, but ultimately I would find the new vs. old the most compelling one.

Definition please. Yes, the A5 is small inside, but it’s still a big, heavy car. Quite possibly even heavier (as it’s older). That alone makes any ‘sporting’ pretensions ridiculous.

For me, a sports saloon is "style over substance". Clearly from the specs, the A5 is no Audi RS4, but it's low and sleek. Looks good, but inside it's woefully small, and the one I rode in was really difficult to get out of; the sills were really wide! Give me the Superb any day!

You either have a unique build (you not the car) or the SE Business use different seats (can’t see that personally) as I find the (electric) seats to be very comfortable, I appreciate we all have different needs regarding comfort but the S3 are equally the most comfortable i have sat in.

Could very well be that I need to find the right setting for my butt groove will mess about to get the right setting.

• Like 1

Damn, i'm so tempted to pick up a BMW 320d GT. Similar to a Superb as in liftback and very roomy and loaded with extras.

It's a used one but fairly new at 12/2013 registered and 32000km on it.

Only 2000€ more at 30k €. (The extras put the price at 55k when bought so it really looks like a steal)

Too bad the insurance is will most likely be quite a bit more expensive.

Why are you making me look around at other options, Skoda :(

Damn, i'm so tempted to pick up a BMW 320d GT. Similar to a Superb as in liftback and very roomy and loaded with extras.

It's a used one but fairly new at 12/2013 registered and 32000km on it.

Only 2000€ more at 30k €. (The extras put the price at 55k when bought so it really looks like a steal)

Too bad the insurance is will most likely be quite a bit more expensive.

Why are you making me look around at other options, Skoda :(

30k for a three years old car doesn't sound like a steal to me.

That RWD Beemer got slated by the motoring press when it was launched.

Just sayin' :)

I learned from home, that if you don't have anything nice to say, you should remain silent. So regarding the look of the 3 GT, I'll be very, very, VERY silent. :)

• Like 1

Harsh :)

I've read other comments on the looks too but i think it looks fine and is as practical as the Superb itself.

I think the downfall is the rather steep base price compared to the series 3 sedan and touring.