0% no more

Looks like Skoda UK has changed the new car offer for April-June

The 0% PCP has gone, its now 2.9% but looks like a 48 month option is now available per the new brochure

Deposit contribution is however changed to £2000 and first 2 services are now free

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/default/

The offer applies to the Hatch, If you look at Estate there is currently no offer listed

There is also a new version of the Octavia brochure on Skoda UK website dated April, which includes the vRS 230 (haven't looked for changes)

Edited by SurreyJohn

That's why I bought in March. The wording of the 0% offer on Skoda's website made me think it wouldn't be around forever.

I hear that's ending this Sunday..!

Posted after midday, so not an April Fools ;)

Swings and roundabouts - the overall cost probably works out about the same as Dr.Z says.  Wifey's current Citigo has a lower APR than the last one (i.e. zero this time) but doesn't include the free servicing this time and we got less discount.  Net change over the duration?  Less than the cost of a takeaway per year.

True, but a £2k discount probably offsets the interest charges so you'd end up paying the same overall.

Deposit Contribution was £1,500 when I bought mine so it's only £500 more now.

Didn't care about the 0% because I got a bigger discount through a broker and still works out cheaper in the end even with finance of 5.9%, the 0% is not the be all and end all!

• Like 1

I got mine in March on 0% PCP with £1k contribution plus£500 drive away in March, I've just ran my numbers through the calculator on the new offer of £2k contribution and 2.9% and the GFV is £1k less than it was on my deal on the same terms.

So the extra £1k contribution they are pushing back to the buyer with interest.

I've had recent PCP quotations for a vRS 230 hatch, & the new deal is somewhat better, 'cos the 230's interest rates have dropped from 4.9% to 2.9%.

That & the increased deposit outweighs the £250 increase in the list price.

As for the new April brochure, (which now includes the vRS 230) I only printed-off the vRS prices + the options price-list.

Since the April brochure now seems to have vanished from Skoda UK's website, perhaps they've proof-read it & discovered some errors?

If it was to have been believed, the vRS 230 had lost the electric adjustment to the front passenger seat, & the vRS lost the dimming interior mirror..............  

I was about to sign an order-form, but I'll wait a day or so!

DC

Not surprised that they have slashed the residual values, there's going to be a load of early build 3yr old O3s hitting the used market over the next few months so the reality of over inflated residuals from launch weekend deals will hopefully be hitting SUK/VAG right where it hurts if GFVs are greater than trade values I reckon there'll be a few PCP'ers handing the keys back!

• Like 1

Yup, looks like it's just the Rapid and Yeti here in ireland still have the 0%

Not sure about that. Just don't think they've update anything yet. The t&c's still list 31/03 for those offers on Yeti and Rapid. Hoping for a change on Octavia.

I'd settle for UK deal at the moment. 2K (€2,500) deposit contribution? How does that work? Is there that much room for negotiation on price here in Ireland? And we still have to pay the crazy VRT on top of the UK MRRP.

I did a calculation comparing buying a VRS 2L Manual with Sunroof and few other options in Uk and Ireland. 

£28,080 - UK monthly payments over 36 months with a customer deposit of 20% of MRRP and GMV of 39% MRRP - £301 = €376

€37020 - Ire monthly payments over 36 months with a customer  deposit of 20% of MRRP and GMV of 39% MRRP -  £395 = €494  FOR THE SAME CAR!!!!!!!

The 2K deposit contribution and the 2.9% makes some difference. 

For our UK friends taking advantage of these offers - is there any more room for negotiation with the dealers after the 2K deposit? Or do you get the 2K off MRRP and thats it, don't even think of asking for more? In other words does the dealer still have haggle room? Is the 2K coming from Manufacture or Dealer? 

Come on UK - join the Euro!! :-)

Looks like Skoda UK has changed the new car offer for April-June

The 0% PCP has gone, its now 2.9% but looks like a 48 month option is now available per the new brochure

Deposit contribution is however changed to £2000 and first 2 services are now free

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/default/

The offer applies to the Hatch, If you look at Estate there is currently no offer listed

There is also a new version of the Octavia brochure on Skoda UK website dated April, which includes the vRS 230 (haven't looked for changes)

There was a new brochure, but it seems to have vanished............

DC

Yup, looks like it's just the Rapid and Yeti here in ireland still have the 0%

Still no change on Skoda.ie website - everything is exactly same as last 3 months. They should change every 3 months, but the expiry dates on the current offers are still 31/3 - so at the moment there are NO offers on Skoda.ie. 

Still interested to know what kind of % discount I can expect of MRRP here in Ireland if in the UK £2000 is being offered up front?

Much better off using a broker, get a 20% discount and get a loan from Sainsbury's or Tesco @3.3%, they are offering these rates now upto £25k over 5 yrs, no need for a PCP, just keep it for 3 yrs and start again once you are out of negative equity!

I don't know if this helps anyone but I ordered mine the 22nd of March... So still on the 0%.

Car is corrida red vRS estate only option was black pack +

List price for car and options was £25,430 + £800 = 26,230

I used carwow quotes to haggle my local dealer down to match

I put £500 upfront as a deposit

0% finance

£1000 dealer contribution

My invoice total is for £23504.86

It took a lot of back and forth with them to get this, they really didn't want to match it, they took me into the office and showed me their margins apparently at that price they make a £59 loss in the car.

Of course how much of what they say can be believed as accurate is anybody's guess but I left happy I got the best deal I could as it matched the carwow deal

Not sure how the new deals compare pound for pound?

• Like 1

I don't know if this helps anyone but I ordered mine the 22nd of March... So still on the 0%.

Car is corrida red vRS estate only option was black pack +

List price for car and options was £25,430 + £800 = 26,230

I used carwow quotes to haggle my local dealer down to match

I put £500 upfront as a deposit

0% finance

£1000 dealer contribution

My invoice total is for £23504.86

It took a lot of back and forth with them to get this, they really didn't want to match it, they took me into the office and showed me their margins apparently at that price they make a £59 loss in the car.

Of course how much of what they say can be believed as accurate is anybody's guess but I left happy I got the best deal I could as it matched the carwow deal

Not sure how the new deals compare pound for pound?

So your MRRP was 26230 - you paid 24004 (inc. your deposit), so dealer shaved 2226 of MRRP - Thats about 8.5% of MRRP 

Have others experienced this? 

I know O3 Brisky No 007 suggested using a broker and doing a standard loan, but things are bit different here. I can't find any brokers for new cars made to order, only second hand cars, and even then there aren't too many options. I think carbrokers.ie was started a few years ago but fell away. And loan options aren't as wide and varied as in UK. 

Probably doing well to get below 8% from anywhere unless you are taking out a cash secured loan (or similar) and then interest rates come down to about 6.5%, which is nice of them as they are taking no risk what so ever with such loans. 

So yes if I could find a broker to get me 7500 (20%) of my 37000 car and then put another 7000 deposit with it (4000 trade in, 3000 cash) , that would leave me with 22500. And if I could finance that over 5 years at 3.3% loan - that would be €406 a month - I'd jump all over it. 

Brisky was that 20% of a new car ordered to your spec? I would imagine less leeway on these? 

Yeah that's right... It feels like a great deal but I guess the dealers try to make everyone think that ha. I certainly wasn't getting a single penny more out of them and I tried my best.

I can't advise on brokers though I'm afraid not something I've used.

The dealer did say that the 0% cost them over 6 grand though (although they get over 4 grand back from skoda) that's why their margin was so low.

They were really ****ed off with carwow though and couldn't understand how other dealers were making offers so low

• Like 1

In UK coast2coast and UKcar discount are offering between 19-21% off Octys and Superbs. I had a quote for a vRS 4x4 with 19% discount but in the end opted for a used BMW for the same cash, but my Father-in-law is awaiting delivery of a Superb at the end of April. When I bought my O3 three years ago, I achieved 17% discount via a main dealer who price matched Carfile on launch weekend plus I still got £500 deposit contribution and 30k free servicing, before 0% deals started, then paid off SUK finance with cheaper loan from elsewhere but kept the deposit and servicing deal!

Edited by Matt Pez

How does the Irish VRT work.

Can you buy a new car in the UK and import it, or do you still pay VRT?

Are used cars subject to VRT also?