The Brisky Whiskey Thread - Show Us Your Whiskey!

FUBAR

On 14/02/2023 at 21:59, P-J said:

I've just opened a bottle of Aberlour 12 year old, double cask matured in both traditional oak and sherry casks.
Very smooth and really enjoyable.

Aberlour-12-JPG.jpg

I've developed quite a taste for this recently. Being stuck on the computer has suddenly become less of a chore... 

20230930_162402.thumb.jpg.7f853f517e49ec452f3c01826e5c073d.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Romanian single malt Christmas pressie:

1272446677_IMG_8523(1).thumb.jpeg.548f260eae0b7c791c6a8e3e8bc8f5fc.jpeg

Proper whisky - very good indeed 👍

Gaz

It reviews well:

A local celebrity, Dr. Acula, said "It tasted better than virgin's blood, and was also easier to find these days"

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i didnt open it yesterday as i wanted a cleaner pallette...

IMG-20231226-WA0003.thumb.jpg.a6f17cc5453e4e40b7d1a097430b15f2.jpg

it smells delicious, the Eucalyptus mentioned on the back is definitely there but not over powering.

IMG-20231226-WA0005.thumb.jpg.9ba2bccad3f6a6d83e97da8db22cb729.jpg

flavour - mildly peaty, but quite delicate. broad range of flavour base and no after taste so its a subtle little tipple.

its a bit like... Katie Taylor in a dress. seems quiet and ladylike but will still take yer jaw off with a single swing

• Like 3

Not a whisky/ whiskey but I thought I'd treat myself. I don't drink much these days but I've wanted to try a Caucasian (white Russian) for a while.

Five parts quality vodka, three parts Kahlua and one part fresh cream floated on top of ice and slowly stirred in.  

PXL_20231227_221317714.thumb.jpg.3e3d1e2cd99c08403b345d5264f41918.jpg

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, @Lee said:

Not a whisky/ whiskey but I thought I'd treat myself. I don't drink much these days but I've wanted to try a Caucasian (white Russian) for a while.

Five parts quality vodka, three parts Kahlua and one part fresh cream floated on top of ice and slowly stirred in.  

While it is a nice sentiment I don't think that the quality of the vodka used would make one jot of difference to the taste of the concoction.

• Like 1

My Christmas gifts included a trio of Glenfiddich miniatures and a bottle I've not tried before - Auchentoshan American Oak single malt.

Glenfiddich-Set-JPG.jpg

Auchentoshan-American-Oak-JPG.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

While it is a nice sentiment I don't think that the quality of the vodka used would make one jot of difference to the taste of the concoction.

Maybe but I'll stick with using a quality vodka rather than some cheap crap that's only useful for stripping paint, your throat or cleaning carbs 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's Burns Night - 25th january. Will you be having a wee dram?

I've just poured myself an Aberlour 12 year old single malt Scotch.

Sláinte

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

Just driven 406 miles (at 62mpg) back from my ol’ man’s place near Hamilton - celebrating with a 10yo Laphroaig dram 🥃

And you've still got 52 miles to go 🤣

• Like 1