Put my foot down today for the first time since owning.....

How many miles under it's belt?

I've just passed 5k miles, and I think the word 'eager' covers it  :yes:   I find it quite addictive, which at least in part explains my Fuelly figures  :happy:

Gaz

1k miles into my VRS 4x4 ownership and I'm missing the power delivery of the Petrol, I wanted AWD but should have gone for an S3 or Golf R rather than the diesel.

• Like 2

Quick aren't they. What mpg you getting? If I'm very careful I can see 30mpg on my 10 mile drive to work.

Worst average on same drive was 13mpg lol

We done a 220 round trip up the west coast of Scotland yesterday so lots of hills and stop starting.

We managed 40.7 mpg !!

I reckon on a motorway run it will get to about 43-44 mpg.

Road trip from London to Scotland and bank (1225 miles - bank holiday weekend so weather was rubbish) it returned just under 38mpg. The journey back really didn't help the overall mpg's due to rain and high winds.

From Edinburgh to Inverness it returned over 45mpg as well as enjoying some very nice roads.

Around town is a mixed affair. Was to start with getting at best 21-28mpg, now it's 21-34. Really depends on what traffic I'm in. Generally in light traffic town work it will do mid to high 30's in heavy traffic high teens to low twenties.

It is actually around town on par with my MK2FL Diesel DSG,  though on a run it's a fair bit short of it.

Overall for the performance and size of car, I'm happy with it.

• Like 2

It must go like a rocket because even the modest 1.4 TSi  feels like a good sports car if you hit the gas too hard !!

Funnily enough I was thinking that as well...just did not have the courage to say it first.

This sounds ridiculous, but I managed to make a good mate scream by flooring the accelerator in third in sport mode. Very satisfying pick up from about 40 to about 70 mph.

Context is very important when relating that story :)

• Like 1

This sounds ridiculous, but I managed to make a good mate scream by flooring the accelerator in third in sport mode

Well he shouldn't have stuck his foot under the pedal......................

• Like 1

We done a 220 round trip up the west coast of Scotland yesterday so lots of hills and stop starting.

We managed 40.7 mpg !!

I reckon on a motorway run it will get to about 43-44 mpg.

I'm yet to do any long trips so 33mpg is the best I have seen, that was about 40-50mile round trip.

Sounds like it won't be too far what my old BMW was, just seams a lot worse as I'm at the petrol station every week with the stupid small tank.

Do they all have the dashboard read-out that tells you the  average mpg over the whole life of the car?

Mine hovers around 40 mpg, and that is nearly all slow, short distance town drives, using bog standard Tesco Unleaded.

Managed 43.5mpg on a 30 mile motorway journey yesterday sticking to 70mph. My normal 7 mile commute returns low 30's.

Nearly 8k miles now on my vRS TSI DSG and economy is getting better and yes, it does fly when you floor it! Way too much fun, makes driving to work very pleasant.

• Like 1

Really not that much difference in consumption between my 1.4tsi and those reporting on the vrs tsi at motorway 70mph speeds. I get between 46 to 49 mpg depending on conditions.

Makes sense you would have to burn roughly the same amount of calories at that speed.

Different story at low speeds though. Yesterday I did a 30 km urban round trip to drop off some stuff and got around 60mpg (4.6L/100) but average speed was only 37kph.

I probably could have done a bit better but had a do a couple of 2nd gear dashes which both had instant effect on my averages.

One to get round an old dear in a Prius and get to the filter light before it changed. the other because I pulled across traffic into the path of a car (obscured by truck, but my fault really) and had to boot it to save obstructing him. I was 20 kph over the speed limit before I realised it.

I don't think I am a good enough driver for a vRS tsi :(

I'll just stick with amusing myself trying to improve my consumption.

• Like 2