Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

34 minutes ago, SE20TD said:

Only just realised i’ve been following you on Instagram for the last few months and never knew you were ‘Lofty’ off of here. 😆

Great build thread, love the attention to detail. 😎

Lol the penny has just dropped for you. Great chap is Lofty

• Haha 1

On 21/10/2022 at 09:58, Lofty said:

Attention ! Actual update time !

The Piper rear exhaust section arrived, kindly dumped in the black wheelie bin by whatever knuckle dragging courier that was sent with it, so first job was to hose off the various food debris and tinned Mackrel splatters off the package before I could get round to the unwrapping.

Once unwrapped I fitted it. Then unfitted it to adjust the hangers, then fitted, then unfitted etc etc - repeat to early painful death, then it was finally fitted. For now. 

IMG_8187.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

Taipipe is a slide on type fitting, with a very discreet clamp, and I went for the 5" x 3" option as I didnt want too big a drain pipe out the back. Good news is the Piper 2.5" system mates up to the Miltek 2.5" system just fine so anyone wanting to delete the Miltek rear silencer and go "straight through" can do so with the Piper hardware knowing now it mates up well.

All of this of course is temporary as I still plan to get a custom rear silencer made up with my 3" brushed stainless downswept tail pipe, at least this will get the car moving and ready for an MOT.

Great to see an update. If I’d been online a bit more frequently I would have offered you my piper silencer delete

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SE20TD said:

I always knew Lofty was local to me and so was g3_automotive on Insta, i just never connected the dots. 😂

I followed on Insta after my local garage told me about someone doing a nuts and bolts restore on a Fabia vRS.

'Tis a small world it seems.

I tend not to use many garages apart from MOT's and suchlike, was it Martin @ Welch Autos?

Just now, SE20TD said:

No, it was VIP Autos in Gornal. It might be word of mouth if you’ve never used them.

Ahh I know Ant and Rob, Ant is the nephew of my best mates other half, he's the one who moved the Fabia for me when I moved house. 

Cracking fella, proper grafter, he's bought a new unit somewhere in Dudley as well I think?

43 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Ahh I know Ant and Rob, Ant is the nephew of my best mates other half, he's the one who moved the Fabia for me when I moved house. 

Cracking fella, proper grafter, he's bought a new unit somewhere in Dudley as well I think?

I’ve no idea about that. So will VIP be expanding, moving or is he going into business himself??

Exhaust going back on this evening. Another step closer.

With regards to my question in the Fabia 1 general forum, I've ordered the following sticker for the slam panel. Tarty - yes very much so.

IMG_8422.JPG

It'll obviously look better than a photograph of a PC screen when it arrives. 

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Exhaust going back on this evening. Another step closer.

With regards to my question in the Fabia 1 general forum, I've ordered the following sticker for the slam panel. Tarty - yes very much so.

IMG_8422.JPG

It'll obviously look better than a photograph of a PC screen when it arrives. 

Nothing wrong with that 👍🏼 I got a little laser etched build tag on my citigo 

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Sounds good, got a link (and pic) to where you had that done? All the laser etched ones i looked at were mega bucks

I’ll see if I can find it, they primarily did dog tags but it came out great and cheap too 

13D9587E-9255-4B8B-9E97-436446AFB9ED.jpeg

found it 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112293732316

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That car is just another level Lofty ! Well done.  Them pictures of  the underside wow ...! You will need a covered trailer now for the show season! 

I have to hang my head in shame every time I see this thread as mine has to be the rattiest, dirtiest and unkept vRS in the world....! 😞

• Like 3

15 hours ago, VanhireBoys said:

I have to hang my head in shame every time I see this thread as mine has to be the rattiest, dirtiest and unkept vRS in the world....! 😞

Ain't a vRS, but...

20221123_161059.thumb.jpg.92008770bb158c912bdecfb3b6916f9c.jpg

20221123_161045.thumb.jpg.407fc55b089abfccdf3bb0ff917a7c85.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I has updates (of sorts...)

Car is away being base mapped currently, it's about 80% finished, with another few hours of dyno time needed to finalise this critical task.

It's being set up to run at approx 1.5 bar of boost pressure and it's making 230bhp, this is enough to allow the engine to bed in correctly and not be too overstretched from the off. 

Once the running in is complete and it's had it's 1000 mile service it can go back for a higher boost set up.

Still no pics but hey, progress is progress.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

I has updates (of sorts...)

Car is away being base mapped currently, it's about 80% finished, with another few hours of dyno time needed to finalise this critical task.

It's being set up to run at approx 1.5 bar of boost pressure and it's making 230bhp, this is enough to allow the engine to bed in correctly and not be too overstretched from the off. 

Once the running in is complete and it's had it's 1000 mile service it can go back for a higher boost set up.

Still no pics but hey, progress is progress.

Wonderful. Fabia or not, will you be going to Skodafest on the 4th, Matt?