skoda accessories recommendations for new owner

Managed to do the sunglasses holder :) - although I had to unscrew some black device and when I opened up the new one there was no where for me to screw it back in?? Is this normal?

I got my wind deflectors too, not sure if they'll look good lol

Managed to do the sunglasses holder :) - although I had to unscrew some black device and when I opened up the new one there was no where for me to screw it back in?? Is this normal?

I got my wind deflectors too, not sure if they'll look good lol

The alarm motion sensor? Usually just clips in?

Yeah! it just unclips (and breaks your thumb nail) and clips into the new one!!!

Fitted what Skoda deem a 'Luxury Item'... £18quid and 5 minutes to fit!!...

Headlining Sunglasses Holder  :)

zkXNdu4.jpg
The 'Blanking' plate

6QKCipB.jpg
Forgot I have a 'Cat-1' Alarm

yw9fjgH.jpg
The Part - Apparently not made for my model!  ;)

4HUhtnE.jpg
The Part (2)

4fw2wSS.jpg
Alarm Sensors clipped in (most time consuming bit was Uncliping these out of the Blanking Plate)

UHHPQSh.jpg
'CLICK' in place!

JZhNXHL.jpg
Pops open with a nice 'Damped' motion

C1FumtA.jpg
Much better than reaching over to my glovebox at 70mph to get my sunnies!!  :)

H5XRFOL.jpg
£18 including VAT and one bent back thumb nail (unclipping the sensors)  :( ...

But Worth it!!   B)

Edited by Simoneale1973

I was under pressure then. I kinda unscrew the black sensor from the black base hence I couldn't see a clip. I screwed it back in. Although I messed up. Broke the clips so I think I need to order a new one as its really loose and will probably fall from the roof if I go over a bump.

But yeah, broke the clips, messed up the device with the wires that were in the wire holders /clips..

Black is the right colour for mine! Remember a few days ago when I said the dealers were saying pearl grey is the right colour, it's not. The current blank panel is bloody black. Maybe because I have black pack on my car? Its been dispatched today- the same seller as yours.

Now also waiting for wind deflectors, armrest and about 10 led bulbs haha

So after breaking my first sunglasses holder, my second arrived today and using the images kindly provided above, I managed with success! It's pretty good, just don't do what I did haha!

I did a google on the pearl grey and it came up and I was like yeah.. definitely not that, it's the black onyx one, looking at the image I wasn't convinced but when it arrived at first it definitelywas.

Can't wait to get it. Going to take things very slow when fitting...haha

Changed interior lights to LEDS this evening. Massive improvement. Having problems fitting the boot light though. I've never had a problem with it previously but after taking it out it now keeps losing the connection and cutting off. Worried that it might be a problem with the wires. I've ended up having to keep original bulb because two of the new LEDS are faulty :-(

Number plate LEDS also fitted :-)

Changed interior lights to LEDS this evening. Massive improvement. Having problems fitting the boot light though. I've never had a problem with it previously but after taking it out it now keeps losing the connection and cutting off. Worried that it might be a problem with the wires. I've ended up having to keep original bulb because two of the new LEDS are faulty :-(

Maybe just a dodgey connection. Only some flat leds fit in the boot one. Also seems to blow fuses easily whilst fitting

• Like 1

When you say it keeps cutting off, how long before it cuts off because it does have an auto power off function after about 3 minutes.

Maybe just a dodgey connection. Only some flat leds fit in the boot one. Also seems to blow fuses easily whilst fitting

Yea you might be right. I did disconnect the power before removing, just incase haha. As far as I know they should be the right LEDs for the boot. Seems to be a snug fit but nothing! I've tried them in the interior lights too and they aren't working in there either :-(

• Like 1

When you say it keeps cutting off, how long before it cuts off because it does have an auto power off function after about 3 minutes.

It was before I put the unit back into the boot- when it was dangling. Whenever it moved, it cut off, but now seems to stay on when it's still so will hopefully be ok :-)

• Like 1

Sunglasses holder fitted! Was a bit of a pain changing over the alarm sensor but managed it. Very happy worth it. Received my Armrest today, so going to try and fit it tomorrow. Only took two days to arrive from Germany! Awesome

personally I'm happy with it, its probably not as sturdy (it's sturdy enough) as the OEM but then again its a lot cheaper, it looks stock, and does the job ,or the £30 delivered that I paid you really cant fault it

Hey. Playing with the armrest now! Think I've set it up right. Am I right in thinking that you can just lift the armrest out (whole) from the cup holder once it's been put together? I've used 4 screws and the big screw. Is that right? Cause there's 12 little screws in total. :-)

Nope you use 4 screw to attach the base of the armrest to the rear cup holder, just remove the little round mat from the rear cupholder, then 4 self tapers through the base of the armrest into the rear cup holder, once this is done the arm rest will not lift out.

Very happy with it. At the moment, it's the fabric one but they've also sent faux leather lid, so I can change them over if I want to. I Quite like the fabric one. Absolute steal for the money. Added comfort and think it improves the look of the cabin

Fitted the heko wind deflectors. Happy with them. A nice look imo. First couple of attempts at closing the Windows, they kept coming down but held close button for few seconds when finally got them up and they stayed up.

I left them up for around half and a half before opening. No problems up to now!

Fitted the heko wind deflectors. Happy with them. A nice look imo. First couple of attempts at closing the Windows, they kept coming down but held close button for few seconds when finally got them up and they stayed up.

I left them up for around half and a half before opening. No problems up to now!

Any pictures?