What do you think of Kessy - should I upgrade to Go?

Hi all

I've just ordered my Fabia Estate and of course now I'm second guessing my options. I currently have a fabia but went for an estate this time so I could carry my golf clubs in the boot instead of on the back seat. My extras so far are the variable floor, piano white insert and blue seats and heated seats however I keep thinking back to the Kessy Go option and how I hate having to dog around in my handbag to find my keys. Does anyone have Kessy Go and if so do you love it or is it just so so?!?!

Can't wait for my new car - love my fabia II (my first skoda) and the III looks even better

As sifre says, unless you go for the full KESSY system, which is only available as an option on the SEL, you will still be dogging around in your purse in order to unlock the doors.

I have the KESSY GO on my Fabia and, to be honest, it's more of a gadget than a convenience. I still occasionally find myself getting in the car with the keys in my hand or reaching for the keys having turned off the ignition with the button.

The way that the steering wheel lock and radio shut off works is clever, basically controlled by opening the driver's door before exiting.

I find the whole thing a bit of an inconvenience, if I am honest. I often have to scrabble around to ensure I have the keys to lock the car and can't remember where I put them or who had them last. Much easier to have a key which goes in the steering lock and then one knows where it is. I imagine the same would apply with the full keyless entry system.

I love full keyless - I just place the key in the watch pocket of jeans (I think in 10 years, it'll be called "keyless pocket") and just forget about it until you switch to other jeans :)

I also have the full KESSY, and I like it very much. First I thought it was just a gimmick, but not having to search for the key really is useful - at least for me. One drawback is that it uses up the keys in the keyfob very quickly, I had to change the battery after 9 months

Thanks for the responses so far - any more opinions more then welcome. My current thinking is that full Kessy would be better then Kessy Go and less gimmicky as I could leave my keys in my handbag the majority of the time and rarely have to dig around!

Thanks for the responses so far - any more opinions more then welcome. My current thinking is that full Kessy would be better then Kessy Go and less gimmicky as I could leave my keys in my handbag the majority of the time and rarely have to dig around!

If thatvworks best for you,mtgen go for it. I have "Go" on mine and it suits me. Fabia key shares keyring with house keys and house doors are key-locked, not Yale or self-locking...so need keys in hand on way out, and in. Keys normally live in left pocket of trousers and, if not playing with house doors, I can lock/unlock car doors without removing keys from pocket, just by touch. Works for me.

If thatvworks best for you,mtgen go for it. I have "Go" on mine and it suits me. Fabia key shares keyring with house keys and house doors are key-locked, not Yale or self-locking...so need keys in hand on way out, and in. Keys normally live in left pocket of trousers and, if not playing with house doors, I can lock/unlock car doors without removing keys from pocket, just by touch. Works for me.

Hey, maybe you should consider full keyless for your home too? :)

• Like 1

Hey, maybe you should consider full keyless for your home too? :)

What a grand idea Gromit, lad. Surely cannot be long before an iPhone, or similar, plus some electrickery will allow us to open and operate our cars, houses and everything else without any need for mere keys wearing out our pockets. May already be possible and we can, simply by having our 'phone stolen, lose everything else as well.

Oh brave new world...can hardly wait.

Could we, perhaps, have a "Technology" section to keep us old duffers up to speed with what is possible?

• Like 1

Can't comment on Kessy Go but I did have a fun experience with this system on my wife's Nissan Micra.
I dropped her off at the supermarket and went off to fill up with petrol.
Having filled the tank and paid I discovered that I couldn't start (or lock) the car!
I had to leg it down the road and seek her out, grab the key and sprint back to the petrol station.
Lesson learned.

Having said that, "Keyless Entry" and engine start is probably one of my favourite features.

Really useful when you are loaded down with bags and it is tipping down with rain.

is it just me, or only one of the 2 supplied keys opens and locks the door by KESSY?

I call it the `master` key. everything else is same between the keys

is it just me, or only one of the 2 supplied keys opens and locks the door by KESSY?

I call it the `master` key. everything else is same between the keys

Not sure what you mean. I have two keys - one is always with me, while the second - always with wife, and they both work just fine with full Kessy - we can separately both unlock, drive and lock.

• Like 1

Can't comment on Kessy Go but I did have a fun experience with this system on my wife's Nissan Micra.

I dropped her off at the supermarket and went off to fill up with petrol.

Having filled the tank and paid I discovered that I couldn't start (or lock) the car!

I had to leg it down the road and seek her out, grab the key and sprint back to the petrol station.

Lesson learned.

Having said that, "Keyless Entry" and engine start is probably one of my favourite features.

Really useful when you are loaded down with bags and it is tipping down with rain.

This is something I actually wanted to check, and your information is dissappointing... I was kind of expecting that the key with kessy would work also as immobilizer, i.e., if I leave the car with key in pocket, the car really shouldn't be driveable.

Not sure what you mean. I have two keys - one is always with me, while the second - always with wife, and they both work just fine with full Kessy - we can separately both unlock, drive and lock.

not with mine, one key unlocks the car via button press, but not by KESSY(touching the dimples in the doorhandles)

the other key(`master`) unlocks the car via button press and by touching the dimples in the doorhandles.

TBH

i never speced KESSY entry, nor paid for it. so I am not complaining,just trying to figure out whats what.

Full KESSY is the option I would recommend, just leave the keys in the pocket... and GO. :D

My only worry is since the remote is similar to other models, casual drivers may scratch the start/stop button or enclosure by trying to use the key by mistake....

Edited by zoharin

I've asked to upgrade to Kessy - Skoda are going to check that I still can but my build week is 23 (end of May) so there shouldn't be a problem .... should there?!?

I hope they let you..... When I asked to change the wheels on mine, I was told by the dealer, because I'd been allocated a build week if I changed anything I'd go to the back of the queue. I didn't believe them.... I thought it was a dealer trying to save changing the paperwork. So I contacted Skoda directly and was told exactly the same thing.

I hope you have better luck than me.

I hope they let you..... When I asked to change the wheels on mine, I was told by the dealer, because I'd been allocated a build week if I changed anything I'd go to the back of the queue. I didn't believe them.... I thought it was a dealer trying to save changing the paperwork. So I contacted Skoda directly and was told exactly the same thing.

I hope you have better luck than me.

Ah,that would be because the wheels are made strictly to customer order. They are hand-carved from lumps of Unobtainium and take 10 weeks to make a set on 4. Once a craftsdwarf has started the process he/she cannot be stopped for fear of death, or worse.

The 'back of the queue' threat sounds like a triumph of Germanic planning over customer service. I wonder if Bentley customers are given the same treatment, or Audi buyers, for that matter. Presumably, SEAT buyers are simply told what they are allowed to have.

Still, if people put up with it.......

• Like 1

I've got Kessy Go on my SEL, however, I wish push button start wasn't fitted at all to any Skodas - it's inconvenient and a security risk where as across on the VW Polo range its optional extra..

Okay, why its rubbish, how many times have you got into a car in the past and put the key in the ignitition and simply roll down the window in the middle of summer without turning the engine on?  Answer: loads of times.. but, with Kessy / Kessy Go - you just can't do that. Engine has to be on! What a waste!  There isn't an option which will give you the same mode as position 1 on system using a key which would allow you to use your windscreen wipers and other functions.. nope, engine has to be on. feckin' Skoda designers.. crap on all levels!  No idea how much work would be to convert push button back to a key system.. but I wouldn't mind it quite honestly. 

Also, the battery life on both systems is quite pathetic.. the keyfob constantly sends a signal to the car and back whilst driving.. that's right whilst driving!!! why? why Skoda? it's in my pocket the start of the journey and at the end, why do you need to know??? is the key going to fly out the window down the motorway???? 11 months the battery lasted.. in my old Mk1 Fabia, the battery lasted over 7 years!!!! YEARS!!!!

Schkoda.. simply thick!

but, with Kessy / Kessy Go - you just can't do that. Engine has to be on! What a waste! 

Umm, no, it doesn't, at least not with DSG. If you don't press on the brake pedal, the button press will count as the half turn of the key. And then, as far as I can remember, you can roll down windows just fine.

• Like 2