It's dead

This is horrible. I can't believe only the sales manager can deal with it, is he the sole owner? If not, then go up the ladder. Also, if you are getting a refund, push for interest on the amount if you've paid cash.

• Like 1

The " brand manager " of vw and the skoda dealer (same company) is meant to be ringing me when it's been investigated as to why the car broke. The service manager told me theyd already done that almost two weeks ago. Constant lies and promises of call backs that never happen.

My Mrs is going tomorrow after work to get some answers.

I am local to you and have called in to Hayseldens a couple of times to look at buying new or used. Limited experience but on each occasion I was distinctly underwhelmed. They just did not seem very professional compared to other dealerships I've been to, including Bickertons at Sheffield and one in Nottinghamshire, I think called Rainfords. Even with a new engine that experience would leave a bitter taste and I would probably walk away with the refund. If they drag their feet take them to small claims court

RESULT! (hopefully)

money being refunded Monday without fail apparently. I'm assured by the manager of the vw dealer and skoda dealer (same franchise) that all my money will be refunded first thing Monday. Apparently my car needs a complete new engine. They're going send it to auction as a none runner.

RESULT! (hopefully)

money being refunded Monday without fail apparently. I'm assured by the manager of the vw dealer and skoda dealer (same franchise) that all my money will be refunded first thing Monday. Apparently my car needs a complete new engine. They're going send it to auction as a none runner.

So if they'd actually listened to you, the customer, instead of just trying to fob you off they wouldn't have to take such a loss.

Would also be good if they can source you a skoda approved vehicle for the same price with a few sweeteners thrown in ! (that is if you are looking for another octavia)

Won't entertain a 2.0 Tsi now and don't do the miles to warrant a diesel

I dont blame you avoid the 1.8/2.0 tsi like the plage, i quite like the ford focus st as a different choice ,

Money finally went back in yesterday morning. The car is back on the pitch.

Without an engine?

Considering the hassle you've experienced and the "they all do that" attitude, I would have pressed them for some compensation.

I have put up with my dealer for years with very major issues including the "they all do that" response to unresolved chain rattle issues. I've put up with them because of observing warranty periods, but now I'm free and will diy almost everything. And I now can see that even allowing them to do regular servicing is dangerous. Rusty old reused many time overtightened sump plug taken from some other car, not even the correct size/type, over tightened oil filters with distorted seals, and using inferior oil on more than one occasion, I can no longer accept the apologies or excuses of the service manager.

Edited by xman